Topic: =/\= 313mpg volkswagen and too bad for d&d in prison  (Read 2875 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
=/\= 313mpg volkswagen and too bad for d&d in prison
« on: January 27, 2011, 05:52:07 pm »
well this first story gets me excited! a new volkswagen prototye that uses a hybrid electric/super efficient diesel motor gets amazing milage. and it even looks cool read here: http://inhabitat.com/volkswagen-to-unveil-235mpg-car-at-2011-qatar-motor-show/

for as excited as i get from the first story, i get equally as upset over this second one... seems that it has been ruled that d&d in prison cannot be allowed anymore because it promotes "gang-like activity". bear in mind this comes from faux (fox)news so...

read here: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/01/26/dungeons-dragons-threatens-prison-security-court-rules/?test=latestnews
the reason this frustrates me so much is that i have played d&d forever (since i was 10). that equates to 27 years. and i think it encourages good behavior not bad. it helps people get out aggressions and hostilities in a fantasy setting to improve their daily mental attitude. the claim it causes gang-like behavior is nonsense. i could argue line dancing does to since you have to do things simultaneously as a group (i really do hate line dancing)! i call bullsh*t on this!
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
Re: =/\= 313mpg volkswagen and too bad for d&d in prison
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 07:02:57 pm »

read here: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/01/26/dungeons-dragons-threatens-prison-security-court-rules/?test=latestnews
the reason this frustrates me so much is that i have played d&d forever (since i was 10). that equates to 27 years. and i think it encourages good behavior not bad. it helps people get out aggressions and hostilities in a fantasy setting to improve their daily mental attitude. the claim it causes gang-like behavior is nonsense. i could argue line dancing does to since you have to do things simultaneously as a group (i really do hate line dancing)! i call bullsh*t on this!

D&D is evil!  Don't you know what type of body count its left.
60 Minutes on Dungeons Dragons 1985 Part 1

60 Minutes on Dungeons Dragons 1985 Part 2

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 08:07:48 pm »
D&D has been "evil" since 60 minutes did their hack piece on it in the 80's and Mazes & Monsters made Tom Hanks a star....

So check your hatred of Fox News at the door as they have very little to do with the negative publicity regarding D&D.

The VW sounds cool as hell, if I ever end up in one, I hope I don't have a run in with a semi.... or a bicycle for that matter....
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 08:10:44 pm »
Good for Vw to bad its just another damn concept that will never be real. Gm said the same thing about the Volt , its just crap like the rest  :(

Now dnd in prison ??? DND is ok the stupid is talking there but err   >:( what the hell are we payin for internet use for inmates to begin with. That should be the issue.  I guess its become a resort for the homeless? WTF
Time for life!

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 08:15:49 pm »
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 04:09:59 pm »
ROFL... Gangsta D&D. Too much. That is hilarious. Someone should make a parody video.

I mean come on.  ::)

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 02:39:17 am »
The crux of the government's argument is that D&D allows a criminal to form a power structure among other criminals.  The dungeon master is the leader, and the rest of the players are followers.  I imagine what they fear most is that the game allows prisoners to make elaborate plots, complete with code names and maps.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary