Topic: =/\= interesting new development in net protection comcast-NBC deal  (Read 1344 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
so it seems the comcast-NBC deal has accidently helped preserve net neutrality! i am not even kidding. from the article:

The U.S. Department of Justice has accomplished through its power to disapprove mergers a level of protection for Internet-services customers what the agencies responsible for protecting those customers declined to provide: a tiny concession from a major ISP that it would do something to protect for business and consumer Internet-service customers.

thru the agreement, comcast must agree to provide NBC content to subscribers and cannot restrict netflix bandwidth. it is weird how the world works sometimes.... read the article for full details:
http://www.itworld.com/internet/138431/comcast-nbc-approval-protects-business-internet-accidentally
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-