Topic: =/\= HAPPY PI DAY!!!! 3.14 not for everyone,sad day at NASA, worker dies  (Read 2093 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
well happy 3.14 day everyone. i guess only us diehard geeks get the joke as some of my friends are oblivious. i do have one friend who is upping the geek ante and says he is waiting for "tau day" 6.28. yes, i know and i did tell him that he and 5 other people will get the joke. lol for those not in on the joke,

sadly it is not such a good day for NASA and their families. a worker fell off the endeavour launch pad platform today and died from the fall. my thoughts and prayers to the family on this sad day as once again we are reminded that space exploration and  travel is dangerous. read the article for full details... http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/122486/20110314/nasa-endeavour-space-shuttle-launch-pad-fatality-death.htm

this just in, a third explosion at the japanese nuclear reactor. here is the translated article. i seriously hope you are all thinking good thoughts for them. http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.asahi.com%2Fnational%2Fupdate%2F0314%2FTKY201103140140.html
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:29:00 pm by stoneyface_XC »
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline stoneyface

• Lt. Commander
i would like to also point out that the risks are well worth it. space exploration is our destiny...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• There is life outside of Windows..
  • Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
  • Starbase Atlantis [X-refit]
    • 9th Fleet
lol I had almost forgotten what today was heh
sad to hear about the NASA worker though, I wish his family well :(
Starfleet Headquarters out.

Fleet Commodore, XenoCorp, ISC Fleet.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline stoneyface

• Lt. Commander