Topic: OP: PFs AND fighters for all races?  (Read 5460 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
OP: PFs AND fighters for all races?
« on: October 20, 2009, 01:37:46 pm »
I heard there was a way to do this. Does anyone remember how?
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: OP: PFs AND fighters for all races?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 02:54:13 pm »
Install SFB-OP!  ;D

Donor races. Use a race that is above the desired target race in the list, duplicate ships from the receiving race into the donor race (keeping all columns but the first one the same) and duplicate fighters & PFs similarly. If you wish to donate fighters the donor race must be a fighter race and same goes for PFs. Keep alliances in mind as donors and receivers can both access the same attrition units. In SFB-OP I used two cartels to do all the donations, moved them to the top of the list. Some crossover in fighers available to alliance and coalition in SFB-OP, but its an easy cheat to spot. Also bear in mind that if you intend to use a fighter/pf donation shiplist on a server then the donor races must be complete shiplists or removed from the serverside shiplist.

Clear as mud?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 03:10:40 pm »
yeah, makes perfect sense....

I was afraid that a donor race would be able to see both... damn
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Spartan159

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 06:13:46 am »
I am currently fooling around with this just to see what I can get away with (using OP). I have modified the shiplist.txt file so that the first race listed is Neutral (the fighter donor) and then Lyran (the PF donor)

I have created 1 new Fed ship intended to be a casual PF tender.  feeling destructive at the time, it is a conjectural XBB (heh heh heh) this was added to both Lyran and Federation sections.  I also created a PF which was also added to both race sections.  The XBB has 2 fighter groups and 2 PFs.  Game runs, no crashes.

Testing in skirmish, the ship loads up, the PFs launch and do thier job, nothing crashes so far.  The problem is in space dock. Any attempt to change fighters gets "ship not found!", while Lyran PFs are now available to the PF slots.  I have seen mention of utilities to check the shiplist.txt and ftrlist.txt files but have been unable to find them so far

As a side question I would love to see SSDs for the Federation Battle Pods, Carrier Pods and Cargo Pods, or at least shipedit exports of same.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 02:44:44 pm »
Zip and post your lists and I'll tell you what's wrong.   it's probably the FYA on your fighters.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Riskyllama

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt.
  • Risky
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 03:01:18 pm »
DH you're slacking you should have seen where he said fighters and pfs on the same ship....can't do that
Everything is sweetened by risk. ~Alexander Smith

Offline Spartan159

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 05:31:28 pm »
Actually I did manage to get fighters on the same ship as PFs. the ship not found issue was solved when I added the federation fighter to the Lyran section of the ftrlist, however it only allows 1 fighter per slot. so I had 2 PFs and 2 single fighters *grin*

I had wondered what would happen if I added the BB and the Fighters to the Fighter Donor, would the Lyran BB be considered a donated ship, allowing full fighters and PFs on the Fed?  I also noted that red alert gets the Lyran sound on that ship =)

Right now I'm fighting model.siz, I am wondering what in hell is going on, I have a fighter I *know* was resized previously but is now ignored. resized the BB smaller as a test, sure enough baby BB, but the fighter is huge even though I have the size set at 0.20

rpsmith

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 12:18:39 pm »
there was a mod that used this idea, but the lyrans were the receiving/donor race. It worked ok for a while, but I had crashes with it.