Topic: Stargate Universe cancelled  (Read 6679 times)

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
Re: Stargate Universe cancelled
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 09:16:43 pm »
Thanks, Bonk.  Even a Lyran can be logical, that is until an unclean animal enters the room.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 05:43:50 pm »
Even a Lyran can be logical, that is until an unclean animal enters the room.

Another Lyran?
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 05:29:18 pm »
Ssssss. Pow!  :laugh:  Good one Nemesis. I think he might have meant KATs though...  >:(  ;)

Lemme see... WarSears, Tulwar... the new hit list grows. Just youse guys wait. I know the sneak attack mission draft as well as any of you.... well except maybe Squiggy. (Beeltejuice? ;))

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 08:44:31 pm »
 You sure bonk.

I heard you fight like a cat that has his head stuck in a bag.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 05:48:59 pm »
Ssssss. Pow!  :laugh:  Good one Nemesis. I think he might have meant KATs though...  >:(  ;)

Could be.

I must admit that when there is reason not to fly Klingon flying Lyran is among my favourites.  For some reason my favourite races are all the Good Guys, Klingon, Romulan and Lyran. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 08:48:17 pm »
Totally logical analysis Tulwar. Most Vulcan.  :)

The " true " own the network now so expect the same as is. Science is a fad , fiction is in the dumb arse eyes. Fact well toss that totaly out the window unless there is something $ to gain from it.  :laugh:
Religon well they will tell their storys.  When ever did any buffy style horror flik be scify? The day religon theme buys a network.   syfi :o

The True?

Interesting comment on religion, I figured the religious/atheistic(?) overtones of Defying Gravity and Stargate Universe were for sure the reasons they were cancelled.

Science fad?  Don't get me started on what people call science these days... and who the media calls scientists. :shakeshead: The public is led to believe that certain fields of study and exploration are science... Not.

While Jamie and Adam and the vegan redhead's boobs are entertaining... but that is not the type of "science" reporting that gets me. It is when the media presents biology and medicine as science. Or Nature publications.... if it is published in Nature you can pretty much rest assured it is populist crap. That really gets me going.

edit - Allow me to qualify my opinionated view so as not to offend (as much): Biology is a study and Medicine is an art, each wonderful in their own right, and can each employ the scientific method, but to be semantically correct; sciences they are not.

Gaming is the new vehicle. Start writing folks!  :)

<Ryan and Reese ride through Ringworld on their pink ponies, blasting every Puppeteer creation they see into oblivion and ride off into the stars...>  ;)
The TRUE = Uber rich anti fun jackholes who have an agenda other than just $  700 clubers i bet. I dont claim anything what they do with their religion I just avoid it. But the shows tell it all.
My bad for not editing Science fiction is a fad .
 Poeple farming with dinos that talk? Whatever that show was called it proved to me the Scifi network is dying. The networks hgwells rewright of war of the worlds was horrable. Look how they ended BSG, all the Scare tatic shows end of the world natural disaster movies every week. As said above wrestling .Those should be on fox or the LOL history channel not syfi  And the worst Ghost hunters .  >:( It goes on. I would quit if I worked at that network the way they it looks like they are playing this out. Even avatar is more a greeny movie than scify .  Im sure they will try a show baised simmler to it  :-X Call it natures rule or some crap.  Im sure it was not lack of fan base that ended stargate more the fact its old now like Trek is. Oh and there is no one texting with a cell phone in the show teens and tweens dont relate to it any more. Now Twilight in space twist that around and MAKE it scifi they might watch.
  Yea I may make no sence at all but neither does your leaders in congress atleast you all dont pay me 200k a year to wine about dead end issues :crazy2:.   
Time for life!

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 02:30:14 pm »
So - it's dead Jim...

I'm pretty pissed about it too - no real decent ongoing sci-fi show worth a dam on TV now...

(There's been a continuous Stargate series at the very least for the last decade or so)

Imho it was just getting to be pretty bad ass too...

I didn't shed a tear when that horrible abomination BSG imploded - or when LOST insulted everyone's intelligence - but this just feels kinda empty...

Here's hoping somebody brings it back!

(isn't it about time for a new Trek series also? - just leave time travel the f-out of it for once - FOR FRIKKIN ONCE OK!???)

Make It SO!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 03:42:36 pm by Lono »

Offline ShadowDiver

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2011, 07:52:47 pm »
well we've got 3 years to figure out if they live or sleep as Popsicles for eternity...   :)

I WILL MISS IT. :'(

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 04:35:39 pm »
I'm gonna miss it also, as I caught up with the last few episodes, and they where pretty darned good.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 04:46:28 pm »
wish they had started w/ this quality of episodes.  I've said it before but they shouldn't have focused on interpersonal drama as much as they did.
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 07:17:11 pm »
I hope they have something planned to take its place to keep Bridge Studios busy where it is filmed.