Topic: New to these forums...I have a few questions.  (Read 2967 times)

Offline EagleEye

• Lt. Junior Grade
New to these forums...I have a few questions.
« on: July 23, 2011, 06:06:17 pm »
Greeting all,

I am glad to see that there is still a group out here keeping SFC alive. That being said, I use to play SFB back in the day and then all SFC games so I am getting back into it now and need some help.

1. I have installed SFC OP and followed the instructions in another post for getting it to run in Windows 7 and then installed 2.5.5.2 patch. So far so good.

2. Now I am at the point for installing the mod's I have read about. Which mod actively has a live server for SFC OP?

3. What are the differences between Firesoul's and Strayy's Mod?

4. Is there Vent or Teamspeak I can connect to?

I am very eager to get started it been so long. Sadly Star Trek Online was a huge disappointment for me :banghead:, once everyone started referring to their ships as Tank's, Healer's, and DPS  :lame: I got the hell out of there and haven't been back since. I just did not want to play WoW in space.

Respectfully,
EagleEye <S>

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: New to these forums...I have a few questions.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 06:45:14 pm »
EagleEye? as in ShipEdit EagleEye?

Either way: Welcome back!

1) Windows 7 and OP don't get along on the dynaverse, sadly. The rest of the game works, just not the dynaverse interface. We're working on a Vista/7 fix for EAW, though.
2) OP has the forge and Strayy's tavern going, I believe. The forge uses OP+ if I'm not mistaken, and Strayy's tavern uses Strayy's mod, naturally.
3) I've never played on Strayy's tavern, so I don't know what Strayy's mod is all about. Firesoul's OP+ is probably the most often used mod.
4) Dynaverse's teamspeak is working up and going: http://www.dynaverse.net/tsinfo/ that link should have all the connection info.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline EagleEye

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 07:33:08 pm »
Thanks for the reply FoaS_XC.

Well that sucks I guess we have Microsoft to thank for that! I did download EAW ISO from the site since I had no longer had my copy. EAW is still a good game and I look forward to seeing a fix for Vista/windows 7 for the Dyna.

I clicked on the link for TeamSpeak but all I see are the channels and no login info, am I missing something?

How is everyone connecting for matches, GameSpy?

EagleEye

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 12:12:25 am »
Hello and welcome to the game, anyhow if you can find it in the download section they use to have a mod switcher here that would transfer between the main game, and any mods (OP+, etc) by a selection screen and show you which one was currently installed. I would suggest it as it is very helpful to play with different groups that way. They don't use GameSpy to much anymore they went over to a new meeting place about a year ago which i forgot was called.

Welcome to the forums and if you have questions, people are pretty good at answering around here.

EagleEye software was actually 2 seperate people FOAS, HeavensEagle and Hawkeye hopefully they are both around.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline EagleEye

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 05:12:25 pm »
If anyone knows the new meeting place that GotAFarm mentioned where everyone goes to hold matches I would the info.

In addition I still need to get the TeamSpeak info, the link provided earlier in this post only showed me the channels.

Thanks GotAFarm for the info, I will look for the Mod switcher.

Best regards,
EagleEye

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 06:24:14 pm »
game ranger is the other link up spot, have never tried it so can't say for sure.

Team speak login for general use.

Teamspeak Server address: teamspeak.dynaverse.net
General Access Password : sfcrulz
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.