Topic: U.S.S. Santee WIP ***UPDATE 06-04-07***  (Read 14820 times)

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
Re: U.S.S. Santee WIP ***UPDATE 06-04-07***
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2007, 10:48:28 pm »

first: i think the ship would be bether with a deflector dish

Uhhhh...that blue thing on the front of the hull is the deflector dish...dang that was done before my hiatus...don't tell me you couldn't tell! :P Seriously though, I think you mean an actual dish like a modern radar dish...could do one like that, but as I understand it this falls about the same time frame as the Ent.A, kind of a cross between TOS and TMP.

As to it's effectiveness in combat, remember, Starfleet is more about exploration than combat, so it stands to reason that there would be ships that were more non-combatants than we see in the series and movies. As for game use, you could always re-classify her as a special ops carrier :-\ Anyway, I hope to get more done tonight...remembering more and more, but it still seems to be like pulling the knowledge from molasses....super ssslllooowwww.... ::)
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline Scottish Andy

• First Officer of the Good Ship Kusanagi
  • Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2007, 01:04:51 pm »
Hey Sandman, any news? Updates?
Come visit me at:  www.Starbase23.net

The Senior Service rocks! Rule, Britannia!

The Doctor: "Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink."
Mickey: "Wot's that?"
The Doctor: "No idea. Just made it up. Didn't want to say 'Magic Door'."
- Doctor Who: The Woman in the Fireplace (S02E04)

Offline Ahkyahnan

• Ensign
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2011, 11:01:02 pm »
Hello,

I realize this is a very old topic, but I'm Mark Wilson...the original designer of the U.S.S. Santee and founder of Federation Frontiers...and I just recently stumbled on this site doing some random searches on my designs.

I've been very honored to see some of the work others have created based on my designs, and decided to join the forum.

Does anyone know if the above model was ever finished?  I'd love to see how it turned out.

Also, I noticed a couple of my other designs in other topics along with a few questions.  If anyone would like I can answer those or anything else.

Some of you have had some very kind words regarding my work, and I appreciate them very much.  Hope you're all still here!

Thanks.

Mark

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 11:30:34 pm »
Welcome.

Sadly, I believe that sandman has moved on to other things. He hasn't been on the forums in over two years :(

I invite you to start a thread, post some schematics or what not. People might pick up the designs and have some fun :)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:45:20 pm by FoaS_XC »
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2011, 12:20:31 am »
Agreed.. but I think I still have Sandman's private email address.. will see if I can raise a Sandman.  ;)

(It'd be nice to have him back in here, just spotted Nannerslug the other day as well).  :D

(edit: email sent to Sandman.. as well as pataflafla, Nannerslug and a couple of other names from the past.. you don't realize how much you miss someone until you're looking through your address book and you see their name scroll by.  :)

Hope to get a response, but we'll see..
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:53:27 am by atheorhaven »
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Scottish Andy

• First Officer of the Good Ship Kusanagi
  • Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2012, 09:54:40 am »
Mark, check your IMs and emails!
Come visit me at:  www.Starbase23.net

The Senior Service rocks! Rule, Britannia!

The Doctor: "Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink."
Mickey: "Wot's that?"
The Doctor: "No idea. Just made it up. Didn't want to say 'Magic Door'."
- Doctor Who: The Woman in the Fireplace (S02E04)

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2012, 11:56:28 am »
Hello,

I realize this is a very old topic, but I'm Mark Wilson...the original designer of the U.S.S. Santee and founder of Federation Frontiers...and I just recently stumbled on this site doing some random searches on my designs.

I've been very honored to see some of the work others have created based on my designs, and decided to join the forum.

Does anyone know if the above model was ever finished?  I'd love to see how it turned out.

Also, I noticed a couple of my other designs in other topics along with a few questions.  If anyone would like I can answer those or anything else.

Some of you have had some very kind words regarding my work, and I appreciate them very much.  Hope you're all still here!

Thanks.

Mark

Welcome to the Dynaverse Mark !!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2012, 05:02:28 pm »
Sucks that modelers vanish, but I hope the guy (sandy) comes back...   his ideas always provided insperation, and his models were getting so good before he vanished.  :-\