Topic: So whats everyone playing these days?  (Read 9051 times)

Offline KBF-SkullnBonez

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Hammer of the Gods
So whats everyone playing these days?
« on: September 11, 2012, 01:39:01 pm »
I was playing WorldofTanks for awhile, but i need somewhere new to go, any suggestions? Tried Eve awhile back, but really seemed to be a game that if your a late starter your kinda screwed.
I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older. Then it dawned on me; they are cramming for their finals.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
Re: So whats everyone playing these days?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 01:48:23 pm »
Well, if you like 90s type arcade brawlers, you should try Dungeon Fighter Online.  Its an MMO where the graphics and gameplay are meant to emulate the games that I shoved quarters into when I was a little kid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Fighter_Online

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 02:32:15 pm »
Hexx, Chuut, and a few others have been playing DDO.  It's pretty fun, not as good as this but nothing ever will be.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 08:49:18 pm »
A good portion of us are playing Star Trek Online.
A number of F9th, XC and KBF at least. There a few other old SFCers scattered about on both sides.
http://sto.perfectworld.com/
It's not like SFC much, more of the MMO style with PvP arenas, but it's fun.
Myself and several others have been playing it since launch, some more have come onboard since it went F2P last Dec.
Look us up if you want to give it a try. ;)
http://kbf.enjin.com/
Drop by and say hi at least ;)
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline KBF-SkullnBonez

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 12:40:21 pm »
i'll check it out
I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older. Then it dawned on me; they are cramming for their finals.

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 03:22:36 pm »
Playing Star Trek Online in an on and off manner., SFC-CE Beta, and World of Tanks.
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 09:15:08 pm »
A good portion of us are playing Star Trek Online.
A number of F9th, XC and KBF at least. There a few other old SFCers scattered about on both sides.
http://sto.perfectworld.com/
It's not like SFC much, more of the MMO style with PvP arenas, but it's fun.
Myself and several others have been playing it since launch, some more have come onboard since it went F2P last Dec.
Look us up if you want to give it a try. ;)
http://kbf.enjin.com/
Drop by and say hi at least ;)

I would say it does look a lot like SFC from the cons point of view and has the Fed have blue con and the Klnks red.Nice Kbf site Krueg I would join but I am on to any as it is now.DH join us.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 08:00:10 pm »
I would say it does look a lot like SFC from the cons point of view and has the Fed have blue con and the Klnks red.Nice Kbf site Krueg I would join but I am on to any as it is now.DH join us.

Never judge a book by it's cover, especially the color... ;)
KBF Ben set the site up and did all the layout. An Outstanding job of it.
And it's for Fleet members only.  ;D
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

BM-Kor

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 03:31:13 pm »
Sockfoot, Gook, Squiggy, and myself have all been playing World of Tanks.  I just got a key to World of Warplanes so I'll be tooling around with that, too.  Also, I've been checking out STO for the second time to see if things seem better since launch.  The guys and I weren't thrilled with the incomplete Klingons...

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 04:09:38 pm »
Sockfoot, Gook, Squiggy, and myself have all been playing World of Tanks.  I just got a key to World of Warplanes so I'll be tooling around with that, too.  Also, I've been checking out STO for the second time to see if things seem better since launch.  The guys and I weren't thrilled with the incomplete Klingons...
The last time I played STO the Klingons were much more complete but ironically harder to level because getting into a PvP match became harder as the Feds could fight each other. I am also in WoT, look for who else but BrushWolf. :)

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 10:48:57 pm »
I have STO somewhere in my room. I will need to find it to play. I do have a character but I dont remember his name anymore. Oh well. I have been mostly playing CoH, FNV, FO3, CoD2, BF2BC2, and soon will be playing BF3.

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 03:04:11 pm »
I have STO somewhere in my room. I will need to find it to play. I do have a character but I dont remember his name anymore. Oh well. I have been mostly playing CoH, FNV, FO3, CoD2, BF2BC2, and soon will be playing BF3.

If you remember your login information the character should still be there. I doubt they have flushed the database.

BM-Kor

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 08:14:21 pm »

If you remember your login information the character should still be there. I doubt they have flushed the database.

I played right at launch and then quit a short while later.  All my stuff was still intact.  :)

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 07:13:09 pm »
Give us a yell sometime.
KBFLordKrueg@KBFLordKrueg is my main. ;)
So nice to see some of the Old Guard again, GT Marcus recently joined us as well.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline chickenhead

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 04:23:19 am »
Ive been digging into the past these days.   Maybe some of you have played Escape Velocity Nova, or Star Control 2 / The Urquan Masters?

Offline BlazinBud

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 12:58:31 am »
Ive been playing "Smite battlegrounds of the gods"  if u like league of legends this game blows it away  https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/
Thanks alot,

RFA-asa-BlazinBud

Offline SSCF-Hooch

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 07:29:27 pm »
Greetings all!

I have been playing World of Tanks for awhile now. I game with Toten, Krager, Mocton, WarSears, Wash, Skull, RocketSocks, WillWeasel and a number of others.

Not a bad game and fun most of the time. Look us up sometime if you give it a try.  _Hooch_  is my game name or A-A-F is our clan.

Still miss the old days with you all, best gaming time I ever had.

Hooch

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 11:02:02 pm »
Still playing Freelancer. I guess I still have a bit of the Kitty in me over there. I'm a Drug Runner and I have the exclusive rights to sell Pleasure Droids...... It gets very lonely out there for those poor miners on those out of the way rocks. ;D

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 09:09:33 am »
STO is fun. It's a bit of a grind and the starship action does not compare to SFC, but I love Star Trek!

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 04:41:10 pm »
Greetings all!

I have been playing World of Tanks for awhile now. I game with Toten, Krager, Mocton, WarSears, Wash, Skull, RocketSocks, WillWeasel and a number of others.

Not a bad game and fun most of the time. Look us up sometime if you give it a try.  _Hooch_  is my game name or A-A-F is our clan.

Still miss the old days with you all, best gaming time I ever had.

Hooch

You should try to hook up with Socfoot, Squiggy, Kor, and Gook who play that as well, look for the Adventure follies guild, or as it shows up by the names in the game  [Folly]

Offline Mazeppa

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • (Ret.)
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 12:31:58 pm »
I'm coaching chess at Will Rogers College High and Junior High, a combined JH/HS (grades 7-12).  My team dominates in their groups.  My 9th grade team is state champs, (they were state champs as 8th graders, too) and my 6-9 team won state championships two years in a row. 

I'm teaching AP U.S. History, so my adult chess rating is not as high as I want it to be, and I don't have time for other gaming pursuits.  However, summer is coming, and I'm pretty fired up about the SFC:CE!
Mazeppa
Son of K'otv
A Retired But Proud Member of the Klingon Black Fleet

www.uschess.org
www.ochess.org
www.okschess.org

Offline Leermeister

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 05:49:10 pm »
Im waiting to play this when the servers are up