Topic: Debug assertion failed using the add-ins for SFC:OP mission scripting  (Read 4851 times)

Offline rogerbacon

• Lt. Junior Grade
OK, I know I'm about 12 years late to the party but I just set up an environment for SFC:OP mission scripting and I'm getting an error when using the plug-in to create the files for a mission.

I have Windows XP running on a virtual machine, installed MSVS C++ 6.0 with the service pack 5.0 patch. I added the two add-ins to visual studio and am following the readme file to create my first mission.

However, when I hit the "Create Script" button, I get assertion failures.

Eventually, after hitting "ignore" about 40-60 times, it finishes creating the files. However, all of the files it has created are zero bytes.
What am I doing wrong?

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
I can't help you . . . but I applaud your efforts.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
Did you write the line *file != _T("\0') in your coding of the script? If so then check to see that it doesn't violate a coding rule in some way. Other than that I got nothing.

Offline rogerbacon

• Lt. Junior Grade
OK, forget it. I've gotten past it. I downloaded Firesoul's environment and am using that. I did have to rename every file in the scripts\libraries folder where the last letter of each file was a "d" and the compiler was looking for an "R" (example "Sharedd.lib" should be "Sharedr.lib"). Once I did that I got it to build. (Yeah!).

I built a quick multi script and, after a few tweaks got ti to work... sort of. The mission doesn't end when I die or destroy the AI ship but its a start. I will read the guides and see what I can learn. One strange thing is that each Team refers to Team1 in the code instead of its own team number. More investigation required.

One question: Does anyone know where there are source code examples of completed scripts? I remember Taldren gave out the sources long, long ago so they should be around somewhere. Or, if anyone knows if some of the other script writers have made their source available. Anything to help jump start my effort would be appreciated.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
I have the sources I think.