Topic: We need storylines  (Read 5490 times)

Offline [UFP]Exeter

• Lt. Commander
  • SFC4 Lead Developer
We need storylines
« on: May 12, 2013, 09:51:30 pm »
Part of the game is to include missions.  But missions need to be based on a storyline.

We need storylines, the more the merrier.

Offline Czar Mohab

• Faith manages.
  • Lt.
  • Chewie - Go jiggle the handle!
Re: We need storylines
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 03:25:03 pm »
Deep in the dark, dank depths of the Fan Fic section of the forums exists a myriad of not-so-great stories written by me. Various plots, sub-plots and general drek and disarray await to be seen in the light of day once again...

On a serious note (my stuff isn't *that* bad): anything I have written there may be used, in part or as a whole, for whatever story line or story lines the development team sees fit, for the currently titled "SFC4" video game. I only ask to be credited, if anything is used.

On a more serious note: This is something that I could get on board with...

The Czar
US Navy Veteran - Proud to Serve
Submariners Do It Underwater - Nukes Do It Back Aft - Pride Runs Deep
Have you thanked a Vet lately?

Subaru Owners Do It Horizontally Opposed!
Proud Owner - '08 WRX - '03 Baja - '98 Legacy

Offline [UFP]Exeter

• Lt. Commander
  • SFC4 Lead Developer
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 08:29:31 pm »
I would appreciate anything you can provide.  I honestly do not have the time to hunt through the entire forums to find them :)

Offline Czar Mohab

• Faith manages.
  • Lt.
  • Chewie - Go jiggle the handle!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 09:59:01 pm »
Now that I have a better grasp of the scope of 4, I have a better understanding with which to go forth and draft some Story/Campaign and General mission ideas to be submitted for review. This... will be good.

The Czar
US Navy Veteran - Proud to Serve
Submariners Do It Underwater - Nukes Do It Back Aft - Pride Runs Deep
Have you thanked a Vet lately?

Subaru Owners Do It Horizontally Opposed!
Proud Owner - '08 WRX - '03 Baja - '98 Legacy

Offline Lord Slithor

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 10:10:13 pm »
Well, I'm a frustrated amateur writer.  And while I may not have an intimate grasp of the SFB universe, I know enough about all the races and the universe's general history.  I wouldn't mind doing some sweatbox sessions with Adam and Strat to come up with some good campaigns for each of the races that would highlight each's particular strengths.

Offline [UFP]Exeter

• Lt. Commander
  • SFC4 Lead Developer
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 11:14:21 pm »
Since this is NOT the SFB universe, the is the Star Trek Universe and collective fantasies of wanna be captains and Orion Slave Girls.

Offline Lord Slithor

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 08:18:51 am »
Ok.  I'm sort of new to the community and didn't read through everything to know whether or not it was going to be set in the SFB universe or TNG.  At least hopefully you'll include the other races that were in SFC2.

Offline Lord Slithor

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 12:21:48 pm »
That's kind of a bummer.  The SFB universe always felt more interesting and dynamic IMO.  Alongside canon ST - specifically the TNG era - it just feels more limiting.

Now if you're going to include canon races like the Cardassians, or maybe new and updated versions of the Gorn or even the Tholians (who have yet to have made an official appearance in an SFC game), that would be interesting.

Offline [UFP]Exeter

• Lt. Commander
  • SFC4 Lead Developer
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 01:01:41 pm »
Cardassians yes.  Tholians, can be added. We can create our  own races.  The design doc I posted does list races, we can change or add as we see fit.  The limiting factor:  models.  We can have 50 playable races, no real extra effort on the programming, the effort will be models and graphics such as race images.

Offline Alexbond45

• Ensign
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 09:48:24 am »
Just to add, it'd be cool in storylines to encounter some of the races only seen in TOS that was never brought back for TNG.

If your keeping in the TNG era, you can always start a conflict with one of the big three (Romulans Klingons and Federation)

I've always wondered what would happen if the Klingons started another war with the Federation. I always thought it would lead to a massive interstellar conflict seeing the Romulans spent a lot of effort attempting to drive a wedge between the Klingons and the Federation, I think because they would take advantage of forcing a double front on 1 faction and then turn on the other.

Also, I just discovered this Forum. Hi.

Offline [UFP]Exeter

• Lt. Commander
  • SFC4 Lead Developer
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 09:42:07 am »
welcome and we are basing on TNG as a starting point, any races or tech encountered on any of the Star Trek series or movies is fair game.  Can always be updated.

This game no particular race is necessarily at war with another, but as the player you can influence that!  And campaigns will remember.  And mods or missions can adjust it.