Topic: Mudd's Models  (Read 3500 times)

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
Mudd's Models
« on: June 10, 2015, 03:31:49 am »
A new release ... I hope you guys dig it. This is the Starrunner Class Clipper. This ship is depicted HERE

The model has no break Mod but it does come with both SFC and SFC2 EAW/OP versions.

Starrunner Download

Enjoy!

Mudd.

EDIT: I forgot to tweak the RGB textures for SFC and thus the model appeared untextured in game. That's fixed now.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 05:40:50 am by I, Mudd. »

Online Darkdrone

• Drone
  • Lt.
  • Unimatrix One
    • Unimatrix One
Re: Mudd's Models
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 04:11:25 am »
Great looking Model nice to see you back posting new stuff :)

DD

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 09:47:40 am »
Thanks Darkdrone. There's more a-comin'

I lost almost all my old models, except for the following; otherwise I'd post them in this thread. But, here's what I got:

Though TOS/SFB is my favourite era to model, I've been known to wander around, creatively speaking. This pic is a sample of an entire Fed fleet modelled after the Next Generation look. I tend to use them as X-Ships. They only have SFC2 EAW/OP compatibility.

Next Gen Fleet Download

Up next is my Strange New Worlds Planetpacks. The Basic set replaces all stock Planet in SFC2 EAW/OP with planets that have faux-atmospheric effects and repositioned hardpoints, all equatorial - which allows for variable effects such as tractor beam usage for planets. The Plus pack is a lengthy list of TOS planets depicted on screen in the TOS Remastered version. I would best suggest this to be used in concert with Shipedit and FSME for customized missions in these location. They are also only SFC2 EAW/OP compatible. Should there be significant demand for SFC versions, I might consider a conversion, but that could turn into a lot of uninteresting work for yours truly ... lol.

Strange New Worlds - BASIC

Strange New Worlds - PLUS

I thought about creating a new thread for the following files, as they are not mine, but they are a bit difficult to find these days. In honour of GOG's re-release of SFC, I present Shipedit for SFC ... Version 2. If you have Ship edit Version 3 already installed you might want to create a new directory for Version 2. Version 2 reads the sfbspc13 file rather than SFC2's Shiplist and makes for new ships in the venerable game

Shipedit Version 2 for SFC

I didn't see FSME on Dynaverse FTP, so I shall also include it here. FSME allows for customized missions for the game, both SFC and SFC2 EAW, I believe. There is also a patch for this game, which is listed below. I absolutely love this program, despite the inability to create single player or Server based games. A series of mission can be created to simulate a campaign, with custom ships, bases, planets or whatever else you have in your shiplist. For me, this really opens up the playability of the games. There are several examples of SFB missions in the Captain's Mission Basic set to mod from if you lack a tactical mind .... but then again, if you lack a tactical mind, then why aren't you playing Bridge Commander or some such ... lol?

FSME

FSME Patch

For those of you not used to downloading from Google Drive, the download link is at the top of the page ... just move you mouse up there and it will appear.

And now, back to the modding grindstone ...

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 11:53:42 am »
Cool! New planets that I don't have to do myself. You can have dozens of unique planets in normal campaign play by directing the shiplist to specific models in each section that they appear, i.e. each race and all the neutral (and possibly specialty) sections. That means that Planet 9 in Lyran space won't be the same Planet 9 in Fed space and so on. Homeworlds or other specific planets need not be touched.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 03:36:07 am »
The Hotspur Class Corvette for SFC and SFC2 EAW/OP as depicted HERE:

Hotspur Class Corvette Download

:D

Mudd.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 10:49:21 am »
Thanks to Bernard Guignard, I have recovered some of my old models. Model downloads are scarce these days and I would like to keep my work available to the community, so I'm going to be posting them here as part of Mudd's Models. All reposted ships will be usable for SFC and SFC2 EAW/OP. Some have Break Mods, some do not. Work on new models will not change and they should be coming along with some regularity soon. Here's a few to get the ball rolling:

The UESN Starship Armarillo, as seen at the Starship Museum, highly modified by me.

UESN Armaillo Download

This is hardly canon, but then alot of my ships aren't. I have always had a fondness for the Daedalus Class and this is close to what I imagined she'd look like in a TOS time period.

Daedalus MKII Download

It seems like no Modeller can resist the lure of the Great Lady of Starfleet, and I am no exception. I originally made 3 versions of the Constitution Class Starship, reflecting various refits, but I think this one is my favourite.

Enterprise Download

There will be more coming later.

Mudd.

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 04:46:49 am »
Welcome back I, Mudd, i always liked those colourfull glows on your ships and those planets are amazing.  8)

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 06:47:14 pm »
Thanks Terradyhne; many of your Klingons fill my shiplist (for some reason, I suck at making Klinks ...)

I'd have been here a lot sooner with the following downloads, but I caught the flu last week somehow and I was down for the count. But anyways, up first is the Insurgent Class Corvette, as depicted HERE.

Insurgent Class Corvette

Up next is a fairly popular mesh of mine. The Helena has soap bubble-like nacelles (inverted pollys is all they are) that help give it a distinctive look - along with a healthy dose of non canon details (But then, I tend to do that with everything to some degree.) But for those of you who dislike the inverted pollys, I have also included a more traditional looking alternative.

Helena Class Cruiser

That's all for now, there's plenty more a comin' ... Long Live SFC!

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 03:13:03 pm »
I've always considered inverted bussard polys with that "back wall" texture to be one of the coolest ideas introduced by modelers. Makes them seem to glow even in SFC1.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline admiral horton

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 07:55:49 pm »
More please more
there are great starship designs and there is crap

Check out my orthographic views at
http://admiral-horton.deviantart.com/

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 10:02:37 am »
In due time ...

I've been preoccupied with D&D lately (it's very much a family affair, as my 10 year old son plays - and has played - since he was six ...), and given my whimsically OCD-type-nature, that's what I've been focusing on -- but fear not; I'll be back to SFC before too long!

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 01:04:05 pm »
Still playing D&D,but SFC is never too far from my thoughts ...

Offline xeryx

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 10:24:40 am »
Mudd,

I sincerely want to thank you for your work on the planets and all the space items.  It truly made the game (SFC2)  10x better and much more immersive.  I was desperate to find material for this game as it is slowly disappearing.  Since it is the 50th anniversary of ST, I wanted to play this game again, and I was instantly hooked in again.  Then my modding genes kicked in and I wanted to give the game an HD treatment.  It is amazing how the game runs on today's hardware...if only it was 32bit color.  I installed your planet packs and wanted to tell you that even today, your work is useful, so if you have any more please put it out there.  Thank you

Xeryx

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 03:42:24 am »
No, Thank You.