Topic: Mudd's Models  (Read 7764 times)

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
Re: Mudd's Models
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2018, 06:06:33 pm »
Hey d4v1ks;

Glad you popped up ...Seems I can't get a hold of your ModelViewerHD through that threads link ... Do you have a new link?

It is not the ModelViewerHD... It is something better.
You can download the latest version (1.0.5.1) here.
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2018, 06:33:18 pm »
Mudd! Great to see you back! I am just this weekend sorting and collatin my various SFC files and was just admiring your NextGen Fed fleet from 2015; trying to decide which ship Capt. Nakai will fly in the TNG period ;)

I imagine you're looking for models of the Type G  & J and not just images. I have a SFC model of the J-class as Starbase 47, built by Wolfy/Models Please, from the Outalance site - I could send it to you. (See attached) I thought I'd seen a G class somewhere but it hasn't shown up yet, but I'll keep looking.

I had no idea someone had made a PC version of the FASA ST game (non-official, since FASA lost the license in '89). I still have the box set of rules; being a hardcore SFB player I found it hard to adapt to its different gaming structure but always liked the look of their products (better art & counters than SFB in the day, and FASA used ST movies as a source)

Hey TAnimal..

Mind shooting me a link to that as well?  I used to have it, and had modified it with pretties, but lost it in a hard drive crash a while back.  :p
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 08:55:06 am »
Hey d4v1ks;

are there any specific windows components necessary for the model browser to work under WINE on Linux Mint? It doesn't seem to be cooperating with me ... lol.

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2018, 11:06:52 am »
Hey d4v1ks;

are there any specific windows components necessary for the model browser to work under WINE on Linux Mint? It doesn't seem to be cooperating with me ... lol.

It is based in .NET framework 4.0

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=17886

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2018, 11:33:38 am »
Rats ... Net 4.0 doesn't want to work on 64bit systems ...

But I got it to install ... now running into new problems ...  :P Such is life under WINE ... lol
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 11:49:06 am by I, Mudd. »

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2018, 03:18:31 am »
Rats ... Net 4.0 doesn't want to work on 64bit systems ...

But I got it to install ... now running into new problems ...  :P Such is life under WINE ... lol

Looking at that wineHQ page, it surely looks painful. ^^
Any luck making it run?

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2018, 04:09:59 am »
Sadly, no.

I know just enough about this kinda stuff to be dangerous to my OS, and I know when to stop experimenting. As is, I have all the progs running I really need to build models and play games ...wish I could give your program a run, but not going to break what I have to do it.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 12:51:18 pm »
asking for a friend - what level difficulty is it o get SFC going under WINE, low, medium, or oh gods what I have wrought? And does it multiplay?

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2018, 04:04:50 pm »
Actually I did very little to wine 3.0; it's adjusting the SFC.ini to make it run in a playable state that's the trick ... Higher screen resolutions cause it to crash, but I'm content with 1024x768, so that's not a deal breaker for me. I also run Wine as emulating a virtual desktop, which helped a lot, thus the game runs in a window way better than any sfc.ini setting.

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2018, 08:32:33 am »
I have all the progs running I really need to build models and play games ...wish I could give your program a run

Well, I'm happy that at least you have a working setup that allow you to do the things you enjoy. ^^

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2018, 09:17:15 am »
Just so anyone interested might know, PlayOnLinux, available through the Software Manager on Mint, makes it WAY easier to run SFC OP ... it doesn't like SFC2 EAW on my system, mostly because it's a two disc game and PlayOnLinux keeps the DVD/Rom too busy to register the second disc. It also runs GMAX/NifGMAX flawlessly ... :D

Still looking for a Class G Space Station model from Starfleet Museum ... anyone?

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2018, 02:13:24 pm »
I'm sorry man.
I don't have a great collection of models. =)
You are creating a model pack for that game you talked about? Or OP?

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2018, 02:28:15 pm »
I'm taking a page or 6 from The Starfleet Museum ... I've always had a soft spot for those designs ... And I'll be working on OP and STSTCS ... Just started modelling again this morning - I'd work on it more but I gotta run D&D at our FLGS tonight and I need some prep time.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2018, 07:25:43 am »
Looking  forward to seeing what you come up with

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2018, 09:55:26 am »
While modelling this morning, it occurred to me there aren't many of us left here in Dyna-land.What about the member or guest visitor who'd love to pick up SFC modelling ... but just doesn't know where to start?

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Start here, by downloading GMAX.

Then, download this (NIF Tools) and install it in your GMAX Folder.... Google Drive flags it as suspicious, but I've NEVER had a problem with it.

Now, one more download and you're almost there, the SFC plugins ...install them in your plugins folder.

In order to run GMAX properly now, you'll need to use the nifgmax.exe in order to use the SFC plugins.

Now you're almost ready to fire this bad boy up, but upon doing so you'll be asked to register the program .... but the original license page is no more ... what to do? well, go here and get your code.

Now you should be all set to begin futzing around in Gmax and be able to import/export SFC models.

You're very welcome;

I, Mudd.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2018, 12:50:44 pm »
Thank you v much for the walkthru -  with longer breaks in between involvement, and the scattered nature of the topics and threads, this sort of "Step A/B/C" is very useful

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2018, 04:57:30 pm »
Ah more of Mudd's ships to add to my SFC 1 ship library, which has, so far, over 200 models in it.

I've taken a break from modelling starships..... too busy building and fixing motorcycles. Then there's my flying antics playing IL-2 Stormovik "Battle of Stalingrad" flying with the 1st Combined Air Group clan taking up spare time in the evenings.

Haven't created anything new for a while as the problem is having that moment of inspiration for a new model.

I've been playing the game recently though and I still enjoy creating mission scripts and playing the missions. Kind of tempted to duplicate the stock Klingon and Lyran mission scripts BUT have the enemy as the Kzinti, then switch them into the campaign line up.
The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2018, 05:56:51 pm »
I still enjoy creating mission scripts and playing the missions.

That is nice.
Have you read about the map editor i released some time ago? It works with all SFC versions and scripts! :)
I also started writing a mission editor yesterday for SFC2OP singleplayer missions. You can check the progress here if you curious about it. It will be something never seen before. It doesn't require any compiler. It will be a standalone windows application.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2018, 06:52:43 am »
I still enjoy creating mission scripts and playing the missions.

That is nice.
Have you read about the map editor i released some time ago? It works with all SFC versions and scripts! :)
I also started writing a mission editor yesterday for SFC2OP singleplayer missions. You can check the progress here if you curious about it. It will be something never seen before. It doesn't require any compiler. It will be a standalone windows application.

OOOOH ... Shiny.

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2018, 09:12:10 pm »
Eagle Eye Software's FMSE only allows 30 x 30 maps so anything that allows a bigger area is welcome. They do applogise for this limitation.

The victory conditions facility and hailing messages components also don't function despite being scripted into scenarios, so other than the briefing message, I don't bother with these.

FMSE also only does SFC 1 and SFC 2 mission scripts. Oddly enough it lists the Mirak (Kzinti) and ISC for SFC 1 missions, despite neither being released in the stock SFC 1 game. I've added the Kzinti and ISC into my SFC 1, along with the Tholians, Cardassians, Dominion, Pakleds, Borg, etc. to add more scenario material.

Mudd's models take up a part of the model folder.

Well the alternative script editor is downloaded and we'll see how it goes.

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!