Topic: .  (Read 29910 times)

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Space Backgrounds(CANCELLED)
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2016, 12:17:51 pm »
They were beautiful backgrounds. Would be a shame to let the momentary state of affairs result in more casualties.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2016, 01:23:37 pm »
Will someone please try to talk some sense into this guy?

Fallen Warrior has made it clear that I am a worthless piece of sh*t. I want my name to have nothing to do with his and after what has happened I don't find this an unreasonable request. Your project preceded mine by some months and would have been released in any case without my stumbling upon the nebula stuff. It was a happy accident of timing, no more. You are the only one being childish by destroying your own work for no reason.

Look guys, I'm done. I don't want to have anything to do with SFC or its development or its future. I'm only going to come back occasionally to check on the chess forum, but since nobody wants to post there and I get more emails about it anyway, that will be whenever I feel like it.

Good luck.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2016, 04:16:14 am »
NOTE: THIS MESSAGE WAS MEANT TO BE PRIVATE, BUT ADAM HAS BLOCKED MY PM ACCESS TO HIM. I WAS LEFT WITH NO CHOICE BUT TO POST IT HERE SINCE I NO LONGER HAVE HIS EMAIL. IT IS BETWEEN ADAM AND MYSELF AND THE REST OF YOU WOULD BE WISE TO LEAVE IT SO.

Adam,

I have sent the following message to Frey and the D.net Mods:

To Whom It May Concern:

Concerning the post listed here - http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163394478.msg1123052404.html#msg1123052404

I consider this post to be misleading and libelous. Even if the party in question misunderstood my intent, he was set straight and given all permissions needed pertaining to his work starting here -

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163394478.msg1123054150.html#msg1123054150

and continuing until the end of the thread. I only wished the work I did by myself to be removed as well as my name from his Read Me document and his assertion that I have any rights over his work are preposterous. It would be like saying a beta tester has the right to tell a game developer not to release a game if there was something they didn't like about it. I have no rights to his work. Period.

This is a very long thread and it is not fair to post inaccurate information in the first post of a thread when the pertinent replies are twelve pages back.

I formally request that you either:

1) Remove the post or instruct the poster to do so himself.

2) Amend the post with the correct information or instruct the poster do so himself.

3) Provide links in the post to all relevant responses or instruct the poster do so himself.

Failure to respond to this request could result in legal action being taken against this site and the person in question. I will not tolerate anymore unwarranted attacks on my person or my integrity in this particular matter.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Regards,

Corbomite

Now, I'm going to be brief and explain to you what my lawyer said about all this. Yes, my LAWYER. Since you told me to act like an adult, this is what adults do when they are being lied about in an illegal way. If you want to believe that this is malicious and directed in any way toward you other than to clear this up and allow me to get out of here for good, it's your choice. You'd be as wrong as you were for demanding that I take responsibility for your own decisions and actions. As you said, these actions have real world consequences. Here they are.

You cannot place such a binding agreement on me after the fact. I never agreed to the terms you are saying are in place here and I never would have if I had been informed. I want no rights over anything you have worked on an I enjoy none despite your claims to the contrary. You never asked me if I wished to be included in your Read Me as a contributor and I almost told you to take me out when I saw FW's name in there in the first place, but I didn't want to be a problem maker. FW had other ideas, at least when it came to me. You know for a fact that this is about him and his unrepentant attitude toward me and nothing else. Why you would want to interject yourself into that to your own detriment is beyond me, but then again, all of your guys' motivations in this are beyond me. I just wanted to play a nice video game with friends. From what I can tell, you guys just want to destroy me no matter what I try to do to be helpful and useful.

My lawyer said that since you had fundamentally changed the names, some content and positions of most or all of the work in the final released product, what I essentially worked on was a prototype (beta). I had no input into the final work except to look at three elements/models and say it looked good. Consultation and advice do not constitute a binding proprietorship of any IP. In any case, permission has been given.

Now, respectfully, if you do not do something to rectify this in a reasonable and amicable way, I will be forced to sue you for libel. I don't want to do that any more that I wanted you to do anything more than what I asked you to do, despite any misunderstandings of the dynamics of the situation. If you want to hate me and blame me, fine. You will have to do it silently. You know the truth and you know how much sh*t you talked to me about FW in PMs ("When I see him on Skype I run for the hills!" "I hate SFC3 too!") without me ever broaching the subject. Do you really want me to put that kind of stuff in open forum just to prove my point? If I was really as malicious as you say I could make you look like a sycophantic liar that will say anything to get what you want. I don't believe that, but it could be done rather easily. You do enjoy walking the fence line around here. But I believe that private means private and you don't go sharing that stuff until there is no other recourse. Please don't put me, or yourself, in that position.

You claim I'm being malicious when you cherry pick what you want out of a private message and use it as a club to batter me senseless? All I did was get pissed at you guys for what I saw as being self entitled. But what was I thinking? I'm not even a real person and I can be used and abused by the lily white ass, farts smell like lavender club at their leisure and then thrown away like an old tampon right? I mean, who cares really. It's just Corb. It's not like he has feelings and desires like an actual human being, right?

I'm not apologizing for anything I did. I know full well what I did and I waited quite awhile before my temper got the best of me. I'm willing to pay the price for that, but I will not be blamed for your inexplicable lack of compassion for the folks you claim to want to help and enrich. That's just disingenuous and mean on your part and I will be forced to protect myself if you won't try to work this out properly and stop telling half truths. I cannot make you release things that you do not want to release, but I can damn well  be sure you don't make me out as the villain simply for not wanting to be attacked at every turn by I guy I never even spoke to before a couple of months ago. You know for a fact that I never attacked him in the first place. If asking questions to clarify a request is attacking someone, then FW attacked me all through my nebula thread without remorse, but you know, double standards and all. I was planning to rerelease my IP under separate cover, but you never gave me a chance to explain. I merely didn't want my name associated with someone who hates me so much. I don't think this is unreasonable.

So, one last time and clearly: You may release your IP with my consent and blessings. All I want is to have my name removed from your work. You may believe that this is the result of a guilty conscience all you like, but to be honest, I don't feel guilty about a damn thing. I think so little of this place at this point a ton of hard work would have to be done just garner my contempt.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Regards,

Corbomite

NOTE: A copy of this message has been retained for legal purposes.

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2016, 01:16:19 am »
NOTE: THIS MESSAGE WAS MEANT TO BE PRIVATE, BUT ADAM HAS BLOCKED MY PM ACCESS TO HIM. I WAS LEFT WITH NO CHOICE BUT TO POST IT HERE SINCE I NO LONGER HAVE HIS EMAIL. IT IS BETWEEN ADAM AND MYSELF AND THE REST OF YOU WOULD BE WISE TO LEAVE IT SO.

Think you lost that option when you aired it out in public.

invoking the nuclear option probably did more to your online rep than anything FW and Adam ever could have.  For what its worth, after having been away all weekend and finally getting caught up what spilled out from PM onto the forums, I thought FW and Adam's responses - based soley on the context available in the forum was unreasonable - especially since what was posted was from a PM.   I also didn't agree w/ FW on his comments to strat, especially if you had followed the CE development you would have known he had completely stepped down from any role and was in no way ever 'management'.  The rants about a community that probably, at tops, are what 20-30 active posters and 2, count'em 2, players atm - and moderation by volunteers was appalling.  Your responses, though petulant at times, were reasonable (though not advised) given the situation.  So if you wanted my perception, with just that, Corb was justified (or at least it was understandable) in many of his responses, adam stepped out of bounds by reposting PM information in conflict with the TOS, and FW appeared to be randomly attacking anyone in the threads starting from Friday onward.  if you were worried about you online rep, i would have wagered it was just fine in that context.

But the nuclear option of a 'libel' suit to protect your online rep, welp if you wanted to nuc your own rep, you just did that and did quite well all by yourself.   

Just saying.
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
Re: .
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2016, 06:09:17 am »
Well Tus, maybe people wouldn't have to throw themselves on a bayonet for this place if the high and mighty XC did more than show up late, do nothing and disregard reasonable requests (however poorly they are presented). It's one of the main reasons I left XC. All image, no substance. But you guys are sure always quick to show up after the fact and tell everyone how wrong they were.

As to the nuclear option, I was being forced into a real world business contract that I found highly unacceptable. As you saw and I explained, every reasonable course was denied to me. As far as my online reputation, I don't think there was one to preserve. Nothing I do seems to be of any consequence or merit. Besides, the warning is inherent in the name ---> Corbomite. I didn't choose this moniker for nothing. Research the material and the device and you will see that even if you don't like it, you should at least try to respect it.

Thank you Tus for being the only objective person in this so far. You seem to be the only one who actually reads and thinks about what you read. You may not approve of what happened, but thanks at least for recognizing what I was trying to do.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2016, 09:21:42 am »
I'm not sure  I understand here guys. Ok so Corbomite want's his stuff our of the project, so It was done, possibly with an abomb, by canceling it, but it was done, so what exactly is the problem?

His stuff is not released, and Capt. Adam simply canceled the work, so he also no longer has to deal with grief. Seems like a win win for both of ya guys to me. Also, where is the Libel here? I've looked for anything in this thread that would throw itself out at me, but  I suppose I missed it. Hell, I must have missed it, as I know Corbo doesn't get upset easy.

C'mon guys, what the hell has happened the last few weeks? I've had divorces less messy than what is going on here (General feel of the forum as of late).  Please men, just take some time off, relax, and come over for a beer. I always have beer for the dyna dudes. Ya know I care a hell of a lot about all of you, and it really bothers me to see such in fighting. I still pine for the days, when guys would argue, but let some outsider come in, and boom, we all stood like a family.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2016, 10:02:53 am »
Also, where is the Libel here? I've looked for anything in this thread that would throw itself out at me, but  I suppose I missed it. Hell, I must have missed it, as I know Corbo doesn't get upset easy.

Adam edited the very first post in the thread alleging that it was me who insisted everything be pulled down. This was not true. I had stated what I wanted repeatedly.

But you're right Stephen, there is nothing to discuss anymore. Adam took option 1. The post is gone and the conflict is resolved. IMO you can delete the whole thread, but that's your option to exercise or not.

I truly hope we're done here.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2016, 12:44:57 pm »
Roger that Corbo, I'm going to go ahead and lock this one up today as well.

Hey guys, I know peeps are very passionate here about the game and their work, so let me be at least one who says thank you.

I hope things cool down with everyone here, and I wish ya nothing but the best.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War