Topic: SFC3 - Automatic Ship UI Image Creation  (Read 2308 times)

Offline vonfrank

• Lt. Junior Grade
SFC3 - Automatic Ship UI Image Creation
« on: February 12, 2017, 06:59:47 pm »
Years ago, I remember there was a way to automatically generate the BS, VL, and TI images for ship models in SFC3. I cant remember if it was part of an external editing program, or part of a plugin for modeling software, but it definitely existed and it made the standardized creation of these images very easy (with consistent angles, sizes, ect.).

Does anyone happen to remember what I'm talking about, or know of a simple alternative way to go about doing this without taking a bunch of screencaps and trying to get the sizing and angles correct.

Thanks.
-VonFrank

Offline AlDaja

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • SFC:III Troubleshooter
    • Starfleet Command Forums
Re: SFC3 - Automatic Ship UI Image Creation
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 11:11:27 pm »
I'm not certain of a canned program, but if you can get a version of Photoshop (I'm currently using an older 6.0 version), they can easily be made using a modviewer to open the .MOD for your ship.

Open the TI, VL and BS bitmap templates in the Activision folder in Photoshop (use the shield ring TI and VL bitmaps when sizing the ship for the TI and VL primary templates to assure the model does not extend beyond the hud used in game, otherwise it won't show up).  Once you have copied, cropped and pasted your model to the TI, VL and BS templates, save them in the model file as bitmaps.  Example:  KlingonCruiserBS.bmp.  Whatever you save it as, must match the model file name.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.