Topic: SFC:OP Crashing Win 10  (Read 4231 times)

Offline Resoge

• Ensign
SFC:OP Crashing Win 10
« on: June 11, 2018, 03:51:40 pm »
So I'm not even quite sure why the crashes are happening other noticing it around mostly Pirates/Mosnters with plasma I believe, either when my ship or theirs dies it will instantly lock up and crash.

I've done multiple clean installs and updated and have tried without updating as well. I changed the .ini to async=0 and that got me into the game for the most part up until about maybe 3-4 missions into a campaign before getting the crash and I'm unable to to quite understand where to go from here. My brother's PC is running win7 and has been able to run it just fine but everything I try on Win 10 just either borks it more or doesn't help the problem

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal

Offline Resoge

• Ensign
Re: SFC:OP Crashing Win 10
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 10:33:42 pm »
Unfortunately that is the patch I've been trying to apply with no avail. Tried reducing color to 16 bit and running all sorts of compatibility modes yet still 3-4 misisons into a campaign with any race and it crashes

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
Re: SFC:OP Crashing Win 10
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 10:19:15 pm »
You could set up a campaign's mission control text (.mct) in which only one mission exists, such as "Surpise Reversed". If it never crashes, you know it's probably a mission-related problem. We do know that Enigma crashes occasionally, as do Patrol missions. Tirak has played hundreds of missions on his youtube channel with 2.563 and 2.564, so we have some data as far as stability...which is generally good.