Topic: SFC Modelling tools  (Read 9123 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Re: SFC Modelling tools
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2022, 12:02:12 pm »
Welcome back both of you.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2022, 07:27:40 am »
Welcome back both of you.

Nem, long time.  Hope all is well with you and your loved ones. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2022, 01:14:37 pm »
Mostly. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2022, 05:58:24 am »
go here... if i remember right you can use the tool import/export to .obj.  and it will export to .mod.  There is more in there than just the model viewer, but the model viewer is what you will need.   Thus as long as you export to .obj, a mod export is not needed. 

https://hotandspicyforums.com/model-browser-t27680.html

Long time TUS!!  Hope all is well with you and your family and loved ones. 

So this is basically the only way to do conversions to and from .mod format now.  Better than nothing, but I'd seriously kill for a programmer to compile new plugins, hahaha.

I think Carlos just made some updates to that.  Be sure to read the instructions.  Good to see you all again.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2022, 09:48:43 am »
I found some salvation in the form of that beautiful stripped down version of Max that we all knew of, called GMAX!

I found a clean install file for Gmax 1.2, there's a registration key hack as well that works, and the plugins are still available on Gamefront.  Just make sure to use OpenGL when setting up the graphics on initial boot up. 

It works in Windows 10.  Just tested it several times.

I'll use Gnax as a converter back and forth.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.