Topic: For anyone thinking of playing on the Dyna, but unsure how to...  (Read 28238 times)

Offline Godfather

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: For anyone thinking of playing on the Dyna, but unsure how to...
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2004, 02:46:43 am »
Thanks for all yor help cleaven,I finally got it to work.. ;D

Offline Cleaven

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2004, 06:52:42 am »
Now the real misery starts.

Not sure I can be bothered, but as you are the Doc, can you run an AI standard patrol in 2 minutes in a KRC? If so, there is no problem and I am utterly wrong. If you cannot, then the KRC is a worse ship for AI missions than ones I know can.

Offline Krenn

• Ensign
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2004, 09:10:13 am »
Tried to open the nightsoft site but i get an error message that the site can not be found?  Is there a different site to get the files from?

Offline Krenn

• Ensign
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2004, 04:58:32 pm »
OK got it to open think it was a shopnav problem... Now I crash to desktop when I try to join from the multiplayer page I select Dynaverse and go to desktop.  Did i need to type the wonserver file manually?

Offline Godfather

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2004, 02:55:51 am »
OK got it to open think it was a shopnav problem... Now I crash to desktop when I try to join from the multiplayer page I select Dynaverse and go to desktop.  Did i need to type the wonserver file manually?
hey krenn,i had the same problem like u saw earlier and i found out when i copied what ronin had to my wonserevr .net,i got a crash to desktop..heres how it suppose to look like
Name="ServerSetup"

[Settings]
SingleThreaded = 1
CreateCentralSwitch = 0
SinglePlayer = 0
BlockSize             = 10000 // How many micro-seconds to spend on server side stuff before doing page flip
DelayMultiple          = 1.0   // What multiple of time to wait before going back to server side stuff
PacketQueLimit         = 75    // What

[RTI]
//IPAddr = "0.0.0.0:1234"
IPAddr = "209.69.154.13:2601"

[CentralSwitchSetup]
Listen = 0

[WONDirectoryServer]
ServerPath = "/StarFleetCommand2/Game/Release"

[WONDirectoryServer/Addresses]
//0="sfc2.west.won.net:15101"
//1="sfc2.central.won.net:15101"
//2="sfc2.east.won.net:15101"
0=client.sfc.dynaverse.net:15101
1=client.dynaverse.net:15101
2=sfc2.directory.stasis.ca:15101

[Clients]
ChatClient            = 1
SecurityClient         = 1

[Launch]

hope it helps ;D ;D

Offline Bugman67

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2004, 09:29:43 am »
Hello, I have just stating play SFC:OP after a long break. Anyway, I followed your instructions and  now when I try to play a Gorn Skirmish mission it does not start(I can here the shields come on but see no ships and the control panel does not display, the only thing I can do is hit escape and exit mission). I have also tried other races and it starts up fine(Fed, Klink and a few of the pirates). When I launch one of the Gorn campaigns it starts me with a Klingon ship(disruptors and fighters) is this suppose to be a valid Gorn ship now? Thanks for any help.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2004, 08:29:38 am »
Did you install GW4 as recommended above? (Uninstall it- it is a mod for a server that is long over, you'll need to start a new singleplayer campaign)

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE UNSTICKIED -The original post was written by someone who just figured out how to get on the dyna. It tells people to install GW3 and use the Enhancemenet pack without direct links to OP+, missions, EzINI etc... I feared this would happen. Perhaps I will take the time to write up the basics of logging on the D2 (mod free or stock). Then users can play with messing up their game.

Here's the short version (for OP):

1) Clean install from CD
2) Patch to 2552 - 2500-2552 Patch
3) Edit the shortcut to the game as indicated in the 2552 patch readme. (in game install directory)
4) Directory server fix - Dynaverse.Net Client D2 Patch Installer
5) Totally disable all software firewalls and anti-virus software (while playing)
6) Login
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 09:23:33 am by Bonk »

Rubyeye

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2004, 04:26:45 pm »
Thanks for the info.  I just dug my copies of SFC2 + OP and SFC3 out of "The Box of sh*t."  I am hoping to get back into SFC but I haven't played for years.  I look forward to seeing some of you on the Dynaverse!