Topic: Happy BDay KF  (Read 371 times)

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
Happy BDay KF
« on: March 13, 2024, 11:49:36 am »
Happy birthday bro, I hope you are doing well, healthy and wish you the best. May you have many many more!

Adam
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
Re: Happy BDay KF
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 03:12:40 pm »
happy birthday

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 07:11:33 am »
Belated happy Birthday  ;D

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2024, 11:13:34 am »
 ;D

Thank you gentlemen!

It must be over twenty-plus years since the original Starfleet Command forums first came out. Wow! Look at where we are today. Lots of history here at Dynaverse.net.

Bernard Guignard my go to SFC archivist. Starfox1701, thank you for keeping the home fires burning here. Captain Adam, thank you for being in the vanguard of new ideas that keep this series of Starfleet Command games alive when other games would have simply vanished into oblivion by now.

It's good to see life in these old forums.

I am doing all right.  Now that I have awaken from the bridge of the (FoaS' TMP D-10) IKV Kraig Dorr (a giant reptilian sea serpent that swam the seas of Qo' Nos in it's prehistory) it's time to drink some blood wine and recall old and new tales of past warrior days!

My SFC: OP works on Windows 11 and I am using all the patches available at Hot and Spicey forums. I just don't have the time I used to in order to play it.

I still have most of my selective non-canon TMP era ships filling the base roles of the STOCK SFC: OP and in FireSoul's SFB expansion ship-list irrespective of their actual capabilities in Trek lore.  I play for FUN.

FoaS' D-10 is still my favorite Klingon X Cruiser with the K' teremny as my KXDD. Fasa canon be damned! In my corner of the Trek universe, the Excelsior class was built in response to the D-10... The Four Years War... Meh! The Axanar production team did that period of time right! The Connies were meant to be limited edition hero ships...

Love the TMP era Klingon Academy Tholians! Dark Drone originally ported the KA Tholians, Shakurians and other ships from that game. He converted the KA Klingon base that I still use as my KSB and a smaller kitbashed version for a KBS/retextured Romulan-style RBS as well as a Thulls-style retextured Lyran LBS. Thulls' Romulan, Hydran, Lyran and Gorn fleets are the bedrock of those races in the stock SFC: OP game for me. Wicked Zombie has a fair number of Klingon and Romulan ships/fighters I still use.

I wish FoaS completed his fleets - it would be nice to have a uniform Mirak/Kzinti fleet. There is a Tabletop Simulator mod on STEAM with variations of all of FoaS' TMP era fleets minus the great details we love. I love his fed ships with the deflector dish built into the lower part of the saucer like his Fed Akula and Abbe class ships. The Churchill class is my go to for a TMP Fed X Cruiser with the fanon  ship FoaS USS Phobos as my FXDD. I even went so far as to get FoaS' permission to have Dark Drone convert those ships. They must be in a format that doesn't convert to .mod format or I suspect that they would have been done by now...

My SFC: OP game, my rules, or in Trek speak - "Infinite diversity in infinite combinations."

My son goes by the moniker, "Commander Graham" and he managed to get the Klingon Academy game working on modern hardware. He has been for a few years posting 3D ship models over at the Hot and Spicey forums.  He has a version of the K' termeny and Ulysses class ships he's been working on.

It would be awesome if he takes his skills to the level of P81, FoaS, Cleeve, Atrahasis, Wicked Zombie and the other great modelers that used to frequent these forums...

I did repurchase SFC on STEAM and added the patches to run it on Win 11. Works fine. The music is the best of the SFC series IMHO and the Skirimish and Campaign scripts are awesome but SFC: OP has way more playability.  I just can't bring myself to play with the vintage 1998ish models and graphics. I never understood why the SFC campaign was never brought over to SFC: OP.

One day I hope to see a selectable race input for the SFC 1 mission: "Repair Roundevous" and maybe even for the SFC 1 fan scripted "The Quantum Factor" energy draining monster mission.

I've ranted long enough... LOL!

Qa' Pla!

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2024, 12:06:37 pm »
I feel you on the FOAS stuff. I tried retexturing from scratch but it’s not easy. It’s very difficult for an amateur. Maybe one day he will return.

Adam
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal