Topic: A moment's silence for my faithful Gateway 500 LS  (Read 2463 times)

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
A moment's silence for my faithful Gateway 500 LS
« on: May 20, 2021, 06:27:51 am »
After many long years of service, my main SFC gaming computer, a P3 Gateway 500 LS, has decided to no longer function, locking up 10 seconds into POST, halfway through drive verification. I've tinkered with it to no avail. 

It's been the hub of many LAN games and campaigns, over the years. Its been used to create countless new models and mission scripts and was expanded to its maximum design potential. I also used to use it for ECAD & CAD work originally.

If I can't fix it, hopefully it has chalked up enough brownie points, in St. Clive's "User's Manual of Life" for its soul to admitted to Silicon Heaven (As Kryten the Red Dwarf Robot believes).
The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Re: A moment's silence for my faithful Gateway 500 LS
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 12:53:32 pm »
May St. Vidicon of Cathode aid in its resurrection. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."