Topic: Drone fighters finally unbroken in 2021!  (Read 4067 times)

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
Drone fighters finally unbroken in 2021!
« on: September 15, 2021, 11:32:48 am »
So like 20 years ago somebody at Taldren did a patch that made drone fighters retarded.   The Hot and Spicy grew managed to fix this (unintentionally, they were changing the AI's logic for all seeking weapons and this is the most obvious affect).

Somebody tell Fluff!   :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fqSMBxFzSA
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: Drone fighters finally unbroken in 2021!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 12:23:30 pm »
That is not you is it and why do most use the mouse instead of hot keys.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 05:35:01 pm »

Of course it is me.   Who remembers hot-keys for a 20 year old game?

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 07:00:26 pm »
I can't say I remember them but I do know that I would be experimenting to learn them again if I were playing it.  They are a great advantage over those who don't know them.  There are a number of features in SFC that a lot of players never seemed to use that were very advantageous when used against them.

Have fun.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 02:09:54 pm »
So like 20 years ago somebody at Taldren did a patch that made drone fighters retarded.   The Hot and Spicy grew managed to fix this (unintentionally, they were changing the AI's logic for all seeking weapons and this is the most obvious affect).

Somebody tell Fluff!   :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fqSMBxFzSA

What was their behavior before that, DH, I forget? I remember 762 almost had an aneurysm when I intentionally dropped a shuttle in a 3x3 pvp just to mess with him. Lol. Did they fix fighters alpha striking shuttles? Hydran fighters might not suck anymore...

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 02:32:18 pm »

What was their behavior before that, DH, I forget? I remember 762 almost had an aneurysm when I intentionally dropped a shuttle in a 3x3 pvp just to mess with him. Lol. Did they fix fighters alpha striking shuttles? Hydran fighters might not suck anymore...

They used to fly around with their thumbs up their arses and occaisonally fire drones.   Now they build waves though it's very easy to exploit the AI and get them to fire drones, out run them, them turn back to them and kill.   Since this current .exe set the max range of a ph3/g to like 3 fighters are also harder to kill since they hold back their phasers for PD.

Not that it matters, their's only a handful playing.   Here's a PvP from 2020 . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxYRbkAvePc

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2021, 12:03:31 pm »
Did they fix fighters alpha striking shuttles?

The AI is very poor when interacting with piloted admin shuttles. It treats a F-SH as a F-CA! This means I can launch a F-SH at high speed, provoking the the Klingon/Kzinti AI to launch a scatterpack at it nearly 100% of the time. It is essentially a high-speed weasel if you want to conserve t-bombs. In the early stages of a F-CB vs K-D7W battle, you can very easily get rid of all scatterpack threats in the first four minutes and save your t-bombs for an aft shield Mizia assault.

A fighter squadron will massively overkill an admin shuttle (or a single enemy fighter). Aside from giving fighters ESGs, I can't do much about this flaw in FTR vs SHT and FTR vs FTR interaction.

With the H&S 2.0 series mods, we gave all races PFs. So if you don't like what idiotic attrition units are doing, you can quickjump into the PF and pilot it yourself briefly for a satisfying strike. Then quickjump back to the mothership to stop your own AI from doing something really stupid (which it invariably will do).

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2021, 12:42:28 pm »

I do or simply take the Academy training again .

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2021, 09:17:20 pm »

I do or simply take the Academy training again .

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2021, 11:29:30 pm »

They used to fly around with their thumbs up their arses and occaisonally fire drones.   Now they build waves though it's very easy to exploit the AI and get them to fire drones, out run them, them turn back to them and kill.   Since this current .exe set the max range of a ph3/g to like 3 fighters are also harder to kill since they hold back their phasers for PD.

Not that it matters, their's only a handful playing.   Here's a PvP from 2020 . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxYRbkAvePc

That's what I get for closing to transporter range.   :(
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel