Topic: Sorry to be asking, but is SFC 3 patch out yet?  (Read 1788 times)

Speaker to Animals

Sorry to be asking, but is SFC 3 patch out yet?
« on: April 01, 2003, 09:20:16 pm »
Sorry, all but been kind of out of it for a while.. (New job , looking for house, 2 year old Little Speaker and all..)
So, can anyone tell me if the patch is out for SFC 3?  

Also, any other updates  (hints on any possibility of an expansion, however remote)?

Thanks for your consideration..

Speaker to Animals    

SghnDubh

Re: Sorry to be asking, but is SFC 3 patch out yet?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 01:06:07 am »
yes the "beta" patch for SFC3 is out. Find it on activision's site.

Speaker to Animals

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 07:59:50 pm »
Ok, I've heard of the Beta patch a while ago, but I thought that was pulled, and another version was coming out??

Speaker to Animals

Pestalence

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 08:06:22 pm »
Activision pulled the Taldren released Beta, but then a month and a half later, they release a revised Beta Patch (though they still deem it unofficial, they released it)...

it is available for public download at the activision web site and in the announcements forum here...

Do not use the Beta patch with the SFC 3 Direct X 9 patch as the two together will cause game errors...

grbaker

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2003, 09:31:21 pm »
No.  Beta patch was re-released... wasn't exactly the be-all/end-all patch we hoped for.. (the new 'Unexpected Fatal Exception '  bonus function has stopped my playing) and On-line play is just horrible now.

On the bonus side they just release the SFCII Secret Ops patch (how old is that game..?)... so its now Apil, had the game in December.. its nakkered and no real progress on the patch.  Go move house again..

digi

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2003, 03:27:02 am »
Quote:

and On-line play is just horrible now.

You obviously haven't been playing on the TNZ server!!!!!

Hale

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2003, 10:52:22 am »
My personal clock for Taldren to produce a playable, non-buggy game wound down two days ago.  Just traded my copy of SFCIII and picked up Freelancer.   My $30 net loss is balanced by the fact that just maybe my one return will affect Taldren's commisions on the project.

If I can find enough of my OP packaging, I'm going to trade that in too for the $1 that will get me.   Never again will I buy a Taldren product.

If you are looking for a good space game, download the free demo for Freelancer.  Its darn impressive.

Max Burke

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2003, 11:50:05 am »
I'd have to agree with Hale,

The current patch response times take the p.i.s.s Its been short of four months now since release and there are probably still a few 56k players who havent even been able to get on the D3.

I was hesitant to buy SFC3 given the good fun we have had with SFC2 EAW & OP Patches, and I regret making the same mistake again so I think a visit to the swap shop is in order.

I know the guys at Taldren have always aimed to do thier best when it comes to customer support & I've probably still got the pics of Erik eating car park dirt last year for his crimes lol.

But I'm affraid enough is enough and like the rest of you I have a game on my shelf that is too buggy to be classed as playable.

This might be the last time I visit the forms for  quite a while, I'll still continue cheking the gaming.startrek.com site for an patch update each week.  

But cmon EF 2 Box Art released, who gives a s.h.i..t !   And 'BETA' Patch - WTF where you guys thinking!

Max

Speaker to Animals

Sorry to be asking, but is SFC 3 patch out yet?
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2003, 09:20:16 pm »
Sorry, all but been kind of out of it for a while.. (New job , looking for house, 2 year old Little Speaker and all..)
So, can anyone tell me if the patch is out for SFC 3?  

Also, any other updates  (hints on any possibility of an expansion, however remote)?

Thanks for your consideration..

Speaker to Animals    

SghnDubh

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2003, 01:06:07 am »
yes the "beta" patch for SFC3 is out. Find it on activision's site.

Speaker to Animals

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2003, 07:59:50 pm »
Ok, I've heard of the Beta patch a while ago, but I thought that was pulled, and another version was coming out??

Speaker to Animals

Pestalence

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2003, 08:06:22 pm »
Activision pulled the Taldren released Beta, but then a month and a half later, they release a revised Beta Patch (though they still deem it unofficial, they released it)...

it is available for public download at the activision web site and in the announcements forum here...

Do not use the Beta patch with the SFC 3 Direct X 9 patch as the two together will cause game errors...

grbaker

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2003, 09:31:21 pm »
No.  Beta patch was re-released... wasn't exactly the be-all/end-all patch we hoped for.. (the new 'Unexpected Fatal Exception '  bonus function has stopped my playing) and On-line play is just horrible now.

On the bonus side they just release the SFCII Secret Ops patch (how old is that game..?)... so its now Apil, had the game in December.. its nakkered and no real progress on the patch.  Go move house again..

digi

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2003, 03:27:02 am »
Quote:

and On-line play is just horrible now.

You obviously haven't been playing on the TNZ server!!!!!

Hale

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2003, 10:52:22 am »
My personal clock for Taldren to produce a playable, non-buggy game wound down two days ago.  Just traded my copy of SFCIII and picked up Freelancer.   My $30 net loss is balanced by the fact that just maybe my one return will affect Taldren's commisions on the project.

If I can find enough of my OP packaging, I'm going to trade that in too for the $1 that will get me.   Never again will I buy a Taldren product.

If you are looking for a good space game, download the free demo for Freelancer.  Its darn impressive.

Max Burke

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2003, 11:50:05 am »
I'd have to agree with Hale,

The current patch response times take the p.i.s.s Its been short of four months now since release and there are probably still a few 56k players who havent even been able to get on the D3.

I was hesitant to buy SFC3 given the good fun we have had with SFC2 EAW & OP Patches, and I regret making the same mistake again so I think a visit to the swap shop is in order.

I know the guys at Taldren have always aimed to do thier best when it comes to customer support & I've probably still got the pics of Erik eating car park dirt last year for his crimes lol.

But I'm affraid enough is enough and like the rest of you I have a game on my shelf that is too buggy to be classed as playable.

This might be the last time I visit the forms for  quite a while, I'll still continue cheking the gaming.startrek.com site for an patch update each week.  

But cmon EF 2 Box Art released, who gives a s.h.i..t !   And 'BETA' Patch - WTF where you guys thinking!

Max