Topic: My new PC.. What do you think?  (Read 1698 times)

Pestalence

My new PC.. What do you think?
« on: July 31, 2003, 01:48:33 pm »
I bought a Toshiba Satellite 5205-s705 a few days ago...

it's fast and smoothe and gives my desktop monitor a run for it's money (my desktop monitor is a Viewsonic PF720)

here is a link to my system specs I had to mirror it on to my web site, however, clicking any link takes you back into the Toshiba Web Site

http://www.nightsoftware.com/effhq/Toshiba_Portables__Satellite_5205.htm

the only thing I have done to this machine , except for software, is that I added 512 MB DDR PC 2100 to it bringing it to a total of 1 GIG RAM

the rest of the description is exactly my machine, TV Tuner card included and Remote, with Windows XP Media Center Edition (PC Custom Built around software according to Microsoft.. also MCE is built on XP Pro)...

Just currious as to your thoughts on it...

Haven't tried Seti in a long time, so I don't know how good it would do on that...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Pestalence »

Pestalence

My new PC.. What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 01:48:33 pm »
I bought a Toshiba Satellite 5205-s705 a few days ago...

it's fast and smoothe and gives my desktop monitor a run for it's money (my desktop monitor is a Viewsonic PF720)

here is a link to my system specs I had to mirror it on to my web site, however, clicking any link takes you back into the Toshiba Web Site

http://www.nightsoftware.com/effhq/Toshiba_Portables__Satellite_5205.htm

the only thing I have done to this machine , except for software, is that I added 512 MB DDR PC 2100 to it bringing it to a total of 1 GIG RAM

the rest of the description is exactly my machine, TV Tuner card included and Remote, with Windows XP Media Center Edition (PC Custom Built around software according to Microsoft.. also MCE is built on XP Pro)...

Just currious as to your thoughts on it...

Haven't tried Seti in a long time, so I don't know how good it would do on that...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Pestalence »