Topic: Questions about SFC2 API  (Read 2288 times)

CFA_Admiral_Tige

Questions about SFC2 API
« on: May 22, 2003, 08:54:36 am »
I was attemting to install the SFC2 API(the one on the disc...v1.2), and I ran into a few problems.  One was that I am unsure how the registry file is supposed to look...if someone could post a screenshot it would be appreciated.  The other problem was a "classview" problem when I tried to run the API.  What am I doing wrong?

RogueJedi_XC

Re: Questions about SFC2 API
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 01:46:19 pm »
From the FAQ I wrote a long time ago (this iformation is also available at Dave Wessel's  Mission Scripting Information  web page):

Quote:

[...]

4. Run your Windows registry. To do this, Click Start | Run. Type, "regedit". Once in the Windows registry editor, you will need to make a some keys and a string value in the following manner: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Taldren/VCScriptAddins/Settings/ScriptRootPath=X, where X="LocalDir\SFC2 - API Release 1.2\Scripts\"

Note: Substitute ?OP API - R2.1? if you are installing the Starfleet Command: Orion Pirates API.

[...]

Q. I do not get anything in the ClassView in VC++6. Why?
A. You will need to go into the directory you installed the API into and remove the ?Read-only? attribute from all the files and subdirectories there.

If you need a step-by-step on adding the registry keys:

• Click Start

• Click Run

• Type "regedit" (sans quotes], then press Enter

• Click the plus sign beside the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE entry in the left pane.

• Click the plus sign beside the SOFTWARE entry.

• Click the the Taldren entry.

• Open the Edit menu, point to New, then click on Key.

• Name the new key "VCScriptAddins"

• Click the VCScriptAddins to be sure it is selected.

• Create another new key named "Settings".

• Open the Edit menu, point to new, click on String Value.

• Name the new string value "ScriptRootPath".

• Right click the ScriptRootPath entry in the right pane, click "Modify".

• Enter the path to the directory where you installed the API.

I don't have the API installed, so I don't have that entry in my registery, else I would take a screenie of it to show you. But, these instructions will get you where you need to be.  

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 12:48:30 am »
I would recommend installing v1.3 of the API rather than the one on the CD. It's likely that mission scripts may not work properly with a patched version of SFC2 using the old API.

CFA_Admiral_Tige

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 06:23:19 am »
Tyvm for you assistance in this matter.  I shall use the latest API in building my new campaign.

Tiger