Topic: hEY,you guys watching Enterprise now? what do you think so far?  (Read 3219 times)

Alexander1701

Re: Regeneration thoughts
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2003, 07:23:52 pm »
  Three things:

1. It would have pissed me off immensely if the borg HADN'T said resistance is futile
2. We have holoGRAPHS now, just not holoGRAMS.
3. Remember the episode Trip got pregnant? (lets not get into that part) On the alien ship, there was a holodeck, and they compared it to their own holographic technology

Alexander

Tulmahk

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2003, 08:24:17 pm »
 ^HoloGRAMs exist right now

Holograph and hologram are synonyms.  They are the same thing.  

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2003, 09:11:01 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Also, seeing as Starfleet now has records of the 'Cybernetic' beings, one would have to assume that Data would bring this fact up in Q-Who in TNG, but then again we are dealing with a 1988 episode of TNG vs. last night's Enterpise.

Chris,

You forget about the temporal paradox here.  The events in First Contact and in Q-Who in a sense take place before the events in the Enterprise episode because the Borg in the Pre-TOS could not have gotten there except for those events in the future.

That the signal will only reach Borg space in 200 years is trying to tie up loose ends that don't need to be tied up.  The fact is the Pre-TOS timeline has been altered.  Temporal Cold War.  This Borg Incident.  Any number of other things that may happen in the show.  I view Enterprise as an alternative Pre-TOS timeline which I find alternatively enjoyable and frustrating.

Holographic bullets, ouch!!!  That was bad!  What a stupid slip-up on their part!!!  Purposely reckless!!  

I am sick of the alternate universe thing

Very few things are needed to "Hide"

You have to compare what (what's her name, Shelby, right?) could have known for BOBW

There are a few errors, but not many

As for Holographic Bullets, it isn't a slip-up

I though it was referring to the uselessness of the Phase Pistols after the Borg adapts (You might as well be firing Holographic Bullets).  Holograms are just light, they can't hurt you

Alexander1701

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2003, 09:11:22 pm »
  Not according to the Trek universe, whereing the holograph is just the popup image effect. Holograms ARE holographic, but there are distinct differences.

In any event, the other reasons DO stand.

Alexander

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2003, 09:56:59 pm »
That's in the 24th Century

Lieutenant_Q

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2003, 09:57:26 pm »
In a holodeck, most of the items are holographic, but according to ST: The Magazine (now sadly out of print)  If a holographic item is picked up, a "prop" is replicated, unfortunatly that contradicts an early TNG episode where Data threw a book through the arch and it instantly vanished.  Of course we can put it down to advances in holo-technology.  This Prop is exactly the same as if you were to have replicated it yourself, so the tommy gun that Picard had picked up was real, and since the safety protocols were off, so were the bullets.