Topic: OT: Discovered what "Efficiency" does in the ShieldItem.gf file!  (Read 1866 times)

Lt. Cmdr Worf

Not sure if anyone has brought this up, if so please direct me to the correct forum, but from what I can tell, shield efficiency doesn't affect recharge rates, but in fact the amount of warp-power the Shield System uses. The higher the efficiency, the less power the system has to draw to work at peak-strength, allowing more power for primary and heavy weapons. For example, I messed around the with the Shield-X efficiency, raising it from 3.0 to 2000.0. I thought that increasing shield efficency would simulate regenerative shields. Not so. It simply means, that a shield with a higher efficiency needs less power to operate at optimal strength, than a shield that has a lower effiency. This is very useful for a ship like the Nemesis refit Enterprise-E and the Defiant which both have substantial armaments. The Enterprise with 14 Type-XII phaser arrays and the Defiant's power-hungry Pulse Phasers, would benefit from a shield system that doesn't draw as much power and would allow that power to be used for increased weapon capabilities. Anybody else have any thoughts?

Swordsman

Re: OT: Discovered what "Efficiency" does in the ShieldItem.gf file!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2003, 09:27:35 am »
I'm wondering what WOULD effect shield and weapon recharge rates. I'd like to increase the recharge speed of the pulse phasers to proper level and the Romulan plasma torpedo.

3dot14

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2003, 04:30:48 pm »
and Overloading the shield generators in the power panel would increase the regen rate. (I think... )

Stormbringer

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2003, 05:46:49 pm »
Does it matter what increment is used?