Topic: "Phase II" Gorn Fleet - WIPS  (Read 2569 times)

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
"Phase II" Gorn Fleet - WIPS
« on: June 24, 2004, 11:56:51 pm »
Well, here's what I've got so far on my new GXCA. And just as a note, I will make a "Phase II" hybrid for all the major hull classes included in EAW (including the freighters and PF's.) I just found my calling, and, weather permitting, perhaps a few of these may find themselves into GAW (that is, if they need them.)

Well, here it is, All I need to so is decide on how to arrange the engines and how many to use. I've reached these options...

• SFC Layout (Variant I): 4 engines, two port/starboard, two arranged on top of the CA catamarans
  • SFB Layout (Variant II): 2 engines, 2 dorsal/ventral
  • (Variant III): 2 engines port/starboard
  • (Variant IV): 3 engines, 2 port/starboard, 1 dorsal
  • (Variant V): 4 engines, 2 port/starboard, 2 dorsal/ventral

And here's what I've got so far. The center section has been modified from the SFC version to accomodate PF/shuttlebays. The front catamarans aren't asymmetrical because I can't figure out how to do it, and maybe that was a new feature on the TMP GCA...maybe. ;D

"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline USS Mariner

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: "Phase II" Gorn Fleet - WIPS
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 04:14:48 pm »
Now how did this end up all the way back here...
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Offline USS Mariner

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 02:00:42 pm »
Alright, I've gotten down to two possible nacelle versions: the SFB vertical arrangement or the SFC four engined version. You can decide. After this, I'm probably gonna add the weapons stuff after this, though there may be a few minor alterations to the engines themselves.

Here's the SFB Arrangement:

The SFC Arrangement:

Opinions?

Offline USS Mariner

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 05:15:24 pm »
ANYTHING? >:(

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 10:16:52 pm »
Personally, mariner, I like them. I also like, with this ship, a simple pair of nacales mounted off to the port and starbord sides. The 4-nacale version looks a little overdone :P

Don't let the lack of responces get you down...

:2gun: Some People Don't Apperciate a Good Thing :2gun:
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline wrathofachilles

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 11:30:44 pm »
I think the designs are sound as far as gorn go but a few suggestions. try to match the large square extrusions at the back with the sphere so they blend in more neatly unless this is a feature of gorn ships. also using a cylinder instead of a sphere would lower the polycount and make it easier to texture.

Offline Wolfsglen

• Starship Mutilator
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 09:20:17 am »
Now these i like, they really do have a look of both SFB and TMP-onwards on them. Very impressive  :thumbsup:

Offline USS Mariner

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2004, 12:27:39 pm »
I'm beginning to download Desty's Gorn models, so I can get a better idea of how the details are done. Hopefully, he'll offer to retexture this model too, and maybe the rest of the fleet. ;D

Desty, if your watching, how's the DX?

Offline USS Mariner

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
THE CA IS DONE!!! NOW I NEED TEXTURES!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 08:03:28 pm »
This bitch is finally done!!!

YEEHAAA! PARADE!!!!! :dance: :D :popcorn: :drink: :rwoot: :multi: :thumbsup:

And she's fully loaded too. :2gun: I think she's more of a BCH in terms of firepower, or aren't 4 plasma turrets and 11 phaser-1's enough? ;)

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 11:56:12 am »
Woah mate...Those rock
And I can totally see them as Phase 2 era ships :)
I love the hybridization of these
And i have a huge softspot for Gorn  ;D
Thanks greatly mate for sharing those :)
All Things End

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2004, 08:44:37 pm »
Wow, nice... Incredable detail... You got a fine ship on your hands.

Can't wait to see the paintjob!
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."