Topic: There *IS* going to be another OP patch.  (Read 34307 times)

Corbomite

Re: There *IS* going to be another OP patch.
« Reply #400 on: July 13, 2003, 10:31:17 am »
Dave and testers, I almost forgot this one and I don't know if it's in the bug reports, but you cannot remap the Orion Engine Doubling hot key (O). It just won't accept the input. If you try you lose the hotkey entirely as it won't re-accept (O) either.

Don't know if it can be fixed or not, but I thought I'd bring it up.

FireSoul

« Reply #401 on: July 13, 2003, 10:33:06 am »
Quote:

Dave and testers, I almost forgot this one and I don't know if it's in the bug reports, but you cannot remap the Orion Engine Doubling hot key (O). It just won't accept the input. If you try you lose the hotkey entirely as it won't re-accept (O) either.

Don't know if it can be fixed or not, but I thought I'd bring it up.

Did you check the file attributes for "assets/specs/bindings.ini"?

Corbomite

« Reply #402 on: July 13, 2003, 10:39:06 am »
And do what? Take it off "Read Only"? Been doing that since the game came out. That is for all the hotkeys. If it is like that they will re-map, but you will lose them when you quit the game. The (O) key is entirely different. The slot will not accept any input at all. When you try, the (O) disappears (loses it's preset) and nothing will show up in the slot and the key(s) don't activate  Engine Doubling. This condition also happens with the (\) key if you try to map it to anything, but at least the key does function when remapped, the slot just looks empty.

EDIT: If you try to map (\) to Transporters, it reads in the slot as a 0, but the (\) key does work for them. Other slots appear empty with that key, but they do function as mapped. Weird.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2003, 10:48:32 am by Corbomite »

3dot14

« Reply #403 on: July 13, 2003, 10:48:16 am »
Quote:

And do what? Take it off "Read Only"? Been doing that since the game came out. That is for all the hotkeys. If it is like that they will re-map, but you will lose them when you quit the game. The (O) key is entirely different. The slot will not accept any input at all. When you try, the (O) disappears (loses it's preset) and nothing will show up in the slot and the key(s) don't activate  Engine Doubling. This condition also happens with the (\) key if you try to map it to anything, but at least the key does function when remapped, the slot just looks empty.  

I believe the same happens for "Deselect". [edit: and that's what Corbomite was talking about with the "\" key]

But really, it's not an earthshattering thing. Especially considering it can be manually edited in binging.ini.

If you want to remap the keys, just open binding.ini find the Engine double line. and Enter your value.

It works, I have the Doubling mapped to NUM2 (Numpad 2)right now.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2003, 10:49:30 am by 3dot14 »

FireSoul

« Reply #404 on: July 13, 2003, 10:49:28 am »
..nonetheless I've passed on your comments. .. although the chances of something happening to fix it is low.

Corbomite

« Reply #405 on: July 13, 2003, 10:50:55 am »
Quote:

Quote:

I believe the same happens for "Deselect".

But really, it's not an earthshattering thing. Especially considering it can be manually edited in binging.ini.

If you want to remap the keys, just open binding.ini find the Engine double line. and Enter your value.

It works, I have the Doubling mapped to NUM2 (Numpad 2)right now.  

I realize that 3.14, but that really isn't the point is it? Remapping should be fully functional. I'm sure most people don't know about bindings.ini.

3dot14

« Reply #406 on: July 13, 2003, 10:58:05 am »
Quote:

I realize that 3.14, but that really isn't the point is it? Remapping should be fully functional. I'm sure most people don't know about bindings.ini.  

Agreed. and that's what we are for, to provide the technical info should the need arise.
What I meant was when prioritizing, a bug that has an easy and accessible workaround is not as serious as one that has no workaround (i.e. Fighter stopping). Something like this might not rate important enough to hold up patch.

But Firesoul has passed the info on, let's hope David is in a good mood.

Corbomite

« Reply #407 on: July 13, 2003, 11:18:41 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Agreed. and that's what we are for, to provide the technical info should the need arise.
What I meant was when prioritizing, a bug that has an easy and accessible workaround is not as serious as one that has no workaround (i.e. Fighter stopping). Something like this might not rate important enough to hold up patch.

But Firesoul has passed the info on, let's hope David is in a good mood.  

Hold up a patch? I was under the impression this was the last patch period. We've waited almost two years already. I would rather wait and let Dave get everything possible worked out and then he can finally put this thing to rest and get on with projects that are making Taldren money, not costing them money.

What's_in_a_name

A bug that should have been fixed by now.
« Reply #408 on: July 13, 2003, 09:33:36 pm »
There is a bug that has existed from the beginning of OP, I have mentioned it before every patch yet it still survives (MagnumMan even acknowledged it before one patch yet it remained unfixed). The bug is when you make a group of heavy disruptors(and only heavy disruptors) and then try to set them to any power level. The UI simply doesn't work in that situation.  

3dot14

Re: A bug that should have been fixed by now.
« Reply #409 on: July 13, 2003, 10:00:51 pm »
Quote:

There is a bug that has existed from the beginning of OP, I have mentioned it before every patch yet it still survives (MagnumMan even acknowledged it before one patch yet it remained unfixed). The bug is when you make a group of heavy disruptors(and only heavy disruptors) and then try to set them to any power level. The UI simply doesn't work in that situation.    

It didn't survive.

What's_in_a_name

« Reply #410 on: July 13, 2003, 10:18:02 pm »
Quote:

It didn't survive.

I did a fresh install of OP and applied the 'SFCOP_Patch_2500-2538'. I then started a skirmish with myself playing the K-XCB against a Federation opponent. I hit 'R' to go to Red Alert. I select the two heavy disruptor hardpoints (for four dizzies) and then hit CRTL-1, making the '1' key the weapon group for the four heavy disruptors. I hit the '1' key and then try to change the status of the four heavy disruptors, first to 'Overload', then to 'Off'. After each attempt I check the lower heavy disruptor hardpoint and after both times there is no change, it remains at 'Normal'.  

SPQR Renegade001

« Reply #411 on: July 13, 2003, 11:14:39 pm »
I think 3.'s talking about the version of OP he's using.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by SPQR Renegade001 »

Strafer

« Reply #412 on: July 13, 2003, 11:35:43 pm »
Most astute for a Romulan...

Capt Jeff

« Reply #413 on: July 14, 2003, 05:17:26 am »
A minor bug that still persists.....

In D2, only the host of the mission can beam spare parts from AI.  Ships/planets/docks etc.

The non-host cannot beam parts in or out, and cannot recieve parts from a ally.  They don't even appear in the transporter panel even when the host can see them.

Kind of a bummer when you're beat up, and your buddy is fully loaded with spares, and you can't accept any to repair.

Not a killer bug, but if fixes are still being looked into, maybe this could be addressed?

Thanks

Toasty0

« Reply #414 on: July 14, 2003, 07:22:27 am »
Quote:

Quote:

It didn't survive.  

Oh my god!

I hope it went painlessly.

Best,
Jerry  

Dogmatix!

« Reply #415 on: July 14, 2003, 08:23:37 pm »
Quote:

I know how it works in Canada. You just put a dead mouse in a bottle of beer, and take it back and say it was in there when you bought it and they give you free beer.  

I saw that movie...

Dogmatix!

« Reply #416 on: July 14, 2003, 08:29:45 pm »
Quote:

You can send thank you notes to me via Paypal @ davidf@taldren.com

Thanks,

Dave  

Thanks for that info, Dave.  I'm sure my contribution won't amount to much in the grand scheme of things, but I felt I should do something...

Edited later:

Argh..forgot about the 3-4 day lag when transferring funds into a PayPal account.  Prolly won't have the dough in there until Thursday or Friday...

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Dogmatix! »

stormbirdd

« Reply #417 on: May 14, 2004, 03:35:34 pm »
I wanted to second this and also pass along my hope that should there be another patch one day, the "Host can beam parts but no one else can" bug will be addressed.

Thanks.  

Crimmy

« Reply #418 on: May 14, 2004, 10:56:16 pm »
Sorry bud.....as far as we know...the books are closed on OP....you should note the last post to this thread was almost a year ago.

stormbirdd

« Reply #419 on: May 19, 2004, 05:50:02 pm »
Yes, but I am ever-hopeful (and always surprised when yet another patch is rolled out of this "dead" product).