Topic: A Blast From the Past (the Official Herr Butt Server RP Thread)  (Read 2687 times)

gornrule

A Blast From the Past (the Official Herr Butt Server RP Thread)
« on: January 29, 2003, 02:07:09 pm »
   Hi everybody!
     I figured since Herr Butt was going through the trouble of creating a server, I would take on the role of official rumor starter and RP thread creator.  Besides, I'm bored.  A LOT of the names will be familiar to the old timers, and all are welcome to play along.  For those of you who need a timeline to follow, I'm going with about the command structure for CW2-3.  All are welcome to join, but remember, it's going to be F/R/G, so pick a side, and I'll see you when the server starts! (Herr Butt, I hope ya don't mind to much!)

Stardate 2267.81.934
     Space station Joltvee Prime, orbiting Ghdar
     Grand Hall, Battle Academy Commencement, Class 2267. Gamma

Gwarlock could hardly believe his serpentine eyes.  He actually was here.  Graduating from the fledgling Gorn Battle Academy.  He knew very few of the pilots around him.  His appointment to the academy was incredible in its own right.  And now, here he was, graduating second in his class.
          It hadn't always been a majestic sight.  He was not Chancellor spawn, nor did he have any of the Imperial ties that his classmates shared.  HIs had been a struggle.  LIfe on the lower section of Ghdar had always been perilous.  He lived his early years by his wits and quickness alone.  Then, one day, a lowly freighter captain had noticed his quick hands and keen wit and took the young lizard under his arm, teaching him the rudiments of spaceflight and tactics.  He had regarded the lizard as his son, and Gwarlock cared for him also, as much as a lizard could.  They became fast friends, until a fatal encounter with a Romulan warbird.  His friend and mentor died that day, and Gwarlock took the blood oaths so familiar to his people.  The Romulans would pay tenfold, and none would escape judgement.  
          He didn't realize that he had his fists clenched so tight as the memories flashed through his head.  The Imperial Chime sounded, rousing him from his dreams.  All stood as Chancellor Joltvee strode into the Hall, and seated himself on the dias facing the small crowd of assembled Gorn officers.
         "All Hail, Chancellor Joltvee, the Foretold.  Defender of the Nest, and Keeper of the Scales."
         Everyone saluted.  He was in awe of the huge lizard in front of the class.  Joltvee.  The Foretold.  The Gorn who would organize the rabble and conquer worlds.  His name meant 'He who devours the enemy' and Gwarlock could see where it came from.  Under him, the Confederation had grown to challenge her enemies.  He was as skilled a diplomat as he was a pilot.
         Sooner than he thought, he was kneeling before the great lizard, swearing fealty and receiving his commision.  He was now a Captain in the Gorn armada, however small it was.  But an animal didn't have to be big to deliver a deadly bite.  And he would learn to have his fangs drip venom.
         The after feast was indeed grand, and he stayed entirely too long.  He head rang loudly as he woke the morningnext, but any feelings of ill were soon washed away with the joy of seeing his ship for the first time.  He hurridly dressed, and made his way to the spacedock.   Level 42Alpha.  He knew it by heart.  She was a capable Battlecruiser.  He had pondered for days what he would rename her.  It took some time before he settled on 'Bloodletter'.  He took the bridge among salutes and settled into his captains chair.  He could definitely become accustomed to this.  HIs XO approached with their orders.  Patrol the Southern border and report.  Investigate any unknown.  Defend the Confederation.
         Leaving spacedock on the maiden voyage of the Bloodletter, HIS ship, he swore he would do just that.  Woe to any enemy he encountered.  

gornrule

Re: A Blast From the Past (the Official Herr Butt Server RP Thread)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2003, 10:08:15 pm »
  Commander's Report
  Stardate 2267.81.938
  Routine Patrol near Gas Giant Raptor XII

On routine patrol near the Gas Giant Raptor XII, science officer reported several sensor anomolies, source unknown.  Sensor function was increased to 100% of normal, and several probes launched detected nothing unusual, with the exception of a subspace disturbance concurrent with accepted intelligence on the Romulan cloaking device, mark II.  Several more sensor sweeps did detect a Romulan scout vessel, and intercepted and destroyed same.  

Alert Gorn High Command that Romulan vessels are operating well inside established boundaries.  Resultant sensor sweeps found no more ships, and patrol will continue.  Received distress call from GCS Raptoricon.  Proceeding to rendezvous coordinates.  Request orders.

Lt. Commander Gwarlock
   Commander GCS Bloodletter  

JimCasca

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2003, 02:57:41 pm »
Quote:

I'm going with about the command structure for CW2-3.  All are welcome to join, but remember, it's going to be F/R/G, so pick a side, and I'll see you when the server starts! (Herr Butt, I hope ya don't mind to much!)

I did not show up until CW6 but here goes

Proceeding to the rendezvous coordinates Received from GCS Raptoricon distress call. The young science officer ?Casca? at sensors reported several sensor anomalies like the ones detected earlier, Sensor function was increased to 100% of normal, and probes launched detecting a subspace disturbance concurrent with the Romulan cloaking device, mark III. Several more sensor sweeps did detect another Romulan ship but this time it was a ?BC? but of an unknown design much larger than a normal BC. The Bridge became very tense as Gwarlock decided if he should attack or leave to report the new ship design. At this time the Rom ship had no way of knowing it had been detected. Deciding the information was to important to take a chance with, he orders Casca to continue taking readings until out of range of the Rom ship. Then engages warp at max, heading Gorn home world, with luck he will be able to report the ship design and still get back to destroy it.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by JimCasca »

Herr Burt

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2003, 03:28:49 pm »
Quote:

Hi everybody!
     I figured since Herr Butt was going through the trouble of creating a server, I would take on the role of official rumor starter and RP thread creator.  Besides, I'm bored.  A LOT of the names will be familiar to the old timers, and all are welcome to play along.  For those of you who need a timeline to follow, I'm going with about the command structure for CW2-3.  All are welcome to join, but remember, it's going to be F/R/G, so pick a side, and I'll see you when the server starts! (Herr Butt, I hope ya don't mind to much!)

Arrrrrr........ the filthy landlubber is makin' fun o' me name already. Twice!   I'm not sure where 'is tale is headed, but it's sure to be filled with scandal for yours truly.

Straighten up, ya scurvy dog!  Or you'll kiss the gunner's daughter!

-Herr Burt of the harsh discipline.

JimCasca

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2003, 01:07:31 am »
bump, come on now let's get this going