Topic: Thank you, FireSoul  (Read 4191 times)

Mog

Thank you, FireSoul
« on: January 17, 2003, 06:10:31 am »
Played with your OP mod for the first time last night. Thanks, was very enjoyable. First ship I tried was the Lyran Jagdpanther - I've never even seen the SSD for this, never mind flying it before, and I have to say, I like it a lot. A slightly smaller version of the CWLP - neat. I then went through the Lyran frigates, and found the WYN Pocket Battleship. Same thing applies - I never played this ship in SFB. It's a hoot to fly. What a power curve. Was giving a friend in a Rom Dread a hard time with this little beast

Thanks again, I shall be playing this a lot more  

Can-able

Re: Thank you, FireSoul
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 06:20:16 am »
Can i add a Thanks to...it was fun playing with the SFB shiplist.......

Just not enough Hydran Carriers

And i am rubbish ...so i died to much  

jdmckinney

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2003, 09:05:51 am »
Great stuff! This is even more than what I had intended to do before I got interrupted by SFC3 testing. Please let us know via the SFCX site whenever you release updates.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by jdmckinney »

FireSoul

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2003, 09:34:56 am »
Work on the shiplist is ongoing...

.. currently I'm redoing pirates. It's long, boring,.. but hopefully rewarding. All the standard races got a boost in one way or another, so it's only fair to give the same kind of boost to the pirates.

That said, here's a list of things done so far..
1- Added local fighters to pirate availability. (as per SFB rules.) That means the Orions (X-) can get Fed fighters.. The BeastRaiders can get Hydran fighters... etc. The only real losers are the Gorn and Romulan, since their homeraces carry PFs, not fighters... but that's ok. The Orions have nasty fighters too. It's just an axtra choice to players.

2- Most ships in the pirates have a design, or weapon loadout, marking the ships as "1", "2", and often "3".  I'm going through the shiplist and creating a loadout "0" for all the original ships added by Taldren.
Why?
  - no phasers were used in their design
  - the SFB rules say that in a battle fleet, 70% of weapons come from local, 20% from operation zone, and 10% from anywhere. (Where's that 10%? Where's my PlasmaF on my Korgath pirate ship?)
  - Better variants.. I plan a 3xPPD Wyldefire W-DN0, for example.

3- Some corrections were needed.
  - hellbores take 1 option mount, center hull only. NOT 2. Corrected every ship I could find..

4- Better use of some optional features:
  - some ships with built-in DroA/C can trade their drones for some PLaD racks. Look for these in upcoming type '0's.

I'd like to note that I skipped doing some corrections, because it was used all over the place: a plasmaG takes 2 centerhull mountpoints, not 1 anywhere. Many Prime, Syndicate and Wyldefire ships are equiped with a PLaG in a very.. loose and common manner. I decided to leave these as is, and not follow the 'style' in my additions.

Results:
I'm still in the process of entering the ships. Testing will come after. I can't wait to try out that B-DN0 with 6 HB's.    

-- Luc
FireSoul

Corbomite

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2003, 10:57:27 am »
Quote:

No fighters from the Fighter races.  Carriers don't lauch them for or against me.  

When I play single player I can't choose them in the stardock even.  Fighters button greyed out.  Anybody else seeing this??

Only affects fighter races.  PF's work just fine(except for the lack of patch thing).  

You didn't happen to redirect your .exe shortcut to skip the intro movie did you? If you did, switch it back.  

Strafer

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2003, 11:44:25 am »
Quote:

You didn't happen to redirect your .exe shortcut to skip the intro movie did you? If you did, switch it back.  

Or alternatively make sure your shortcut to the game EXE also contains the "Target Directory" as where the exe actually is.

Mog

Thank you, FireSoul
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2003, 06:10:31 am »
Played with your OP mod for the first time last night. Thanks, was very enjoyable. First ship I tried was the Lyran Jagdpanther - I've never even seen the SSD for this, never mind flying it before, and I have to say, I like it a lot. A slightly smaller version of the CWLP - neat. I then went through the Lyran frigates, and found the WYN Pocket Battleship. Same thing applies - I never played this ship in SFB. It's a hoot to fly. What a power curve. Was giving a friend in a Rom Dread a hard time with this little beast

Thanks again, I shall be playing this a lot more  

Can-able

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2003, 06:20:16 am »
Can i add a Thanks to...it was fun playing with the SFB shiplist.......

Just not enough Hydran Carriers

And i am rubbish ...so i died to much  

jdmckinney

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2003, 09:05:51 am »
Great stuff! This is even more than what I had intended to do before I got interrupted by SFC3 testing. Please let us know via the SFCX site whenever you release updates.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by jdmckinney »

FireSoul

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2003, 09:34:56 am »
Work on the shiplist is ongoing...

.. currently I'm redoing pirates. It's long, boring,.. but hopefully rewarding. All the standard races got a boost in one way or another, so it's only fair to give the same kind of boost to the pirates.

That said, here's a list of things done so far..
1- Added local fighters to pirate availability. (as per SFB rules.) That means the Orions (X-) can get Fed fighters.. The BeastRaiders can get Hydran fighters... etc. The only real losers are the Gorn and Romulan, since their homeraces carry PFs, not fighters... but that's ok. The Orions have nasty fighters too. It's just an axtra choice to players.

2- Most ships in the pirates have a design, or weapon loadout, marking the ships as "1", "2", and often "3".  I'm going through the shiplist and creating a loadout "0" for all the original ships added by Taldren.
Why?
  - no phasers were used in their design
  - the SFB rules say that in a battle fleet, 70% of weapons come from local, 20% from operation zone, and 10% from anywhere. (Where's that 10%? Where's my PlasmaF on my Korgath pirate ship?)
  - Better variants.. I plan a 3xPPD Wyldefire W-DN0, for example.

3- Some corrections were needed.
  - hellbores take 1 option mount, center hull only. NOT 2. Corrected every ship I could find..

4- Better use of some optional features:
  - some ships with built-in DroA/C can trade their drones for some PLaD racks. Look for these in upcoming type '0's.

I'd like to note that I skipped doing some corrections, because it was used all over the place: a plasmaG takes 2 centerhull mountpoints, not 1 anywhere. Many Prime, Syndicate and Wyldefire ships are equiped with a PLaG in a very.. loose and common manner. I decided to leave these as is, and not follow the 'style' in my additions.

Results:
I'm still in the process of entering the ships. Testing will come after. I can't wait to try out that B-DN0 with 6 HB's.    

-- Luc
FireSoul

Corbomite

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2003, 10:57:27 am »
Quote:

No fighters from the Fighter races.  Carriers don't lauch them for or against me.  

When I play single player I can't choose them in the stardock even.  Fighters button greyed out.  Anybody else seeing this??

Only affects fighter races.  PF's work just fine(except for the lack of patch thing).  

Strafer

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2003, 11:44:25 am »
Quote:

Or alternatively make sure your shortcut to the game EXE also contains the "Target Directory" as where the exe actually is.