Topic: code key woes  (Read 6416 times)

ThirdLeg

code key woes
« on: June 22, 2003, 01:36:32 am »
Howdy guys. So I just got a new comp and couldn't find my old EAW disc, so I bit the bullet and bought another copy at the store I work at. Only problem is, the cd key didn't work. So I took it back and tried another one... same thing happened. I then went through the other three copies we had on hand and noticed that all of these discs had 16 character codes. Am I smoking crack, or didn't the EAW keys have 20 chars and the OP keys have 16 chars? Or am i just a moron and missing something obvious. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Cleaven

Re: code key woes
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2003, 01:50:39 am »
Yes, contact Interplay and they will arrange a swap for you.  

ThirdLeg

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2003, 02:04:09 am »
Thanks again for your timely response Cleaven. You saved me with my OP probs before. From what all I've seen on these forums with you helping people, you should be sainted   Just contacted Interplay about my problem... I'll post here when I get a response from them....in other words, in a month or so

Cleaven

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2003, 05:19:14 am »
If I remember a previous poster, he said they responded very quickly (next day?).  

Just want to check that you used the Customer Support form and specified CD-Key issues?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2003, 05:40:13 am by Cleaven »

ThirdLeg

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2003, 11:32:54 am »
Yup, that's exactly what I did. I suppose it's nice that you can get fairly detailed about your problem withthe drag menus. Anyhow, it's the weekend, so I'm really not expecting them to get back to me until Wed. or Thurs at the earliest.

Cleaven

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2003, 05:09:28 pm »
I've got a six-pack that says they reply to you on Monday. If they don't then I will have to drink it on your behalf. It would be the least I could do.  

ThirdLeg

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2003, 12:34:24 pm »
LOL, I'm glad I didn't take that bet Cleaven. I'd hate to half to ship a 6-pack to Australia. I can only imagine what the shipping costs might be. Checked my e-mail and first thing posted was Interplay support with my new code key Damn glad customer support still exists for this game.

Capt_Kermit

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2003, 07:57:29 pm »
Yup.
I just bought the game a couple weeks ago and had the same problem and sure enough they did respond the next day.

Thanks customer support!  

ThirdLeg

code key woes
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2003, 01:36:32 am »
Howdy guys. So I just got a new comp and couldn't find my old EAW disc, so I bit the bullet and bought another copy at the store I work at. Only problem is, the cd key didn't work. So I took it back and tried another one... same thing happened. I then went through the other three copies we had on hand and noticed that all of these discs had 16 character codes. Am I smoking crack, or didn't the EAW keys have 20 chars and the OP keys have 16 chars? Or am i just a moron and missing something obvious. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Cleaven

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2003, 01:50:39 am »
Yes, contact Interplay and they will arrange a swap for you.  

ThirdLeg

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2003, 02:04:09 am »
Thanks again for your timely response Cleaven. You saved me with my OP probs before. From what all I've seen on these forums with you helping people, you should be sainted   Just contacted Interplay about my problem... I'll post here when I get a response from them....in other words, in a month or so

Cleaven

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2003, 05:19:14 am »
If I remember a previous poster, he said they responded very quickly (next day?).  

Just want to check that you used the Customer Support form and specified CD-Key issues?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2003, 05:40:13 am by Cleaven »

ThirdLeg

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2003, 11:32:54 am »
Yup, that's exactly what I did. I suppose it's nice that you can get fairly detailed about your problem withthe drag menus. Anyhow, it's the weekend, so I'm really not expecting them to get back to me until Wed. or Thurs at the earliest.

Cleaven

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2003, 05:09:28 pm »
I've got a six-pack that says they reply to you on Monday. If they don't then I will have to drink it on your behalf. It would be the least I could do.  

ThirdLeg

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2003, 12:34:24 pm »
LOL, I'm glad I didn't take that bet Cleaven. I'd hate to half to ship a 6-pack to Australia. I can only imagine what the shipping costs might be. Checked my e-mail and first thing posted was Interplay support with my new code key Damn glad customer support still exists for this game.

Capt_Kermit

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2003, 07:57:29 pm »
Yup.
I just bought the game a couple weeks ago and had the same problem and sure enough they did respond the next day.

Thanks customer support!