Topic: Custom dynaverse missions: EAW, OP, SFC3  (Read 60113 times)

jdmckinney

Re: Custom dynaverse missions: EAW, OP, SFC3
« Reply #500 on: May 24, 2003, 08:14:01 am »
We may upgrade on Tech Wars, but considering there could be database problems, we may not. We'll let people know if we do.

KBF-JD

« Reply #501 on: May 24, 2003, 01:09:46 pm »
Quote:

Rod: if you play on TechWars, we're still on the previous pack..
The admins may upgrade, who knows?  

Where can I get the old pack from to try techwars?

Thanks,

jd  

jdmckinney

« Reply #502 on: May 24, 2003, 03:57:38 pm »
I think FireSoul still has a copy of the old pack here:

http://klingon.stasis.ca/sources_and_utils/EvilDave/old/OPMissions-20030523.zip

FireSoul

« Reply #503 on: May 24, 2003, 08:08:53 pm »
The date in the pack's name is not the date that it was created.. it's the date that I moved it to the 'old' directory.
-- Luc

CptCastrin

« Reply #504 on: May 25, 2003, 05:43:44 pm »
Quote:

We may upgrade on Tech Wars, but considering there could be database problems, we may not. We'll let people know if we do.  

If the file names have not been changed nor any files removed or added then we will be updating. Database issues only occur when something is removed thus requiring a DB edit (something I dislike doing).

I'll look it over and advise all current Tech Wars players to DL the files ASAP in the case that we do switch.  

NuclearWessels

« Reply #505 on: May 26, 2003, 08:45:18 pm »
OK, lessee ...

(1) I screwed up the OP pack.  I don't know if there are going to be any observable effects or not, but I was screwing around with the API last week and only realized this morning that I'd recompiled the last OP pack with the modded API.  No clue what impact it might have, no real memory of what it was I was mucking around with

So, for OP, here's the pack recompiled with the correct API.  My apologies for this!
http://www.sfcx.org/downloads/mirrors/NuclearWessels/OPMissions.zip

(2) Given a lot of feedback from SG3, I've made some modifications to the EAW pack.  (Eventually I'll  apply these to OP as well, but after recompiling already to correct the mess above I just didn't have the motivation to do it again.)

The new EAW pack is intended to be more amenable to PvP and to the survival of small ships.

- many of the open-space missions (patrols, fleet actions, etc) now have a substantial bonus for either killing, capturing, or running a human enemy off the map.  The bonus goes up to a maximum of about 450pp  per human opponent, beyond the regular mission payout.

- some of those missions will now produce substantially fewer AI ships when in a PvP situation.  If you're not flying coop you *might* still get one AI wingman, but not the big crowd previously produced.

- some of the tougher open-space missions have had their difficulty tweaked, and will sometimes give the player a break with an easier draw, usually by dropping the enemy ship count.

- a couple of the nastier missions (e.g. sector assault) won't get offered to ships under 100BPV or before 2268, when most races are fielding more capable ships.  This actually depends partly on server settings, but hopefully will work out.

- players spawning close to the sun in the planet survey mission should (hopefullly) no longer occur.  The frequency of the sun version of the mission should be way down - say about one survey mission in twenty.

The link to the pack is (as always)
http://www.sfcx.org/downloads/mirrors/NuclearWessels/EAWMissions.zip

dave

FireSoul

« Reply #506 on: May 27, 2003, 12:10:15 am »
Ah. Thanks Dave, downloading as usual.
-- Luc

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #507 on: May 27, 2003, 09:18:13 am »
Thank you Dave! D/l also.  I Can't wait to see what you do next [crosses fingers for SFC1 missions].

KF