Topic: A somewhat OT SFB-question...  (Read 2542 times)

Cmdr. Krotz

A somewhat OT SFB-question...
« on: January 31, 2003, 01:03:40 pm »
Back when an SFC4:GAW still looked possible, I was concerned about the Andros. While I don't play SFB, I knew some folks who did, such that I could appreciate the grief they could cause someone like me, who primarily plays roms/klinks in SFC2...I recalled that some things, such as plasma bolts, were some counters that weren't ever implemented, so I thought I'd gather a little info from the tournament ships posted on ADB's website. Over  the course of this action, I noticed something that prompts me to inquiry-  I noticed the tournament ships that cloak generally have two numbers for the cloaking cost, one ranging from around 15-20, and then another that is 4...so what's the four for then? My hunch is that the first number is an initial cloaking power cost, and the second number comes into effect after the cloak is fully in effect. It would certainly explain why the cloak is pretty useless in SFC1 or 2 on most vessels except for the WB+ (which really isn't going anywhere fast anyways)...just curious.  

FatherTed

Re: A somewhat OT SFB-question...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2003, 01:14:12 pm »
Honestly, I don't remember. My late grandfather accidentally threw away most of my SFB material a couple of years ago.

On the other hand, we hardly ever used cloak. Against Andy's there's not much point to it, unless you're setting up an ambush, but the current implementation of the cloak in SFC2 makes that all but impossible. But plasma can be a real nasty surprise for an Andy who isn't expecting it.  

Cmdr. Krotz

Re: A somewhat OT SFB-question...
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2003, 02:04:49 pm »
Thanks much for the info, when I first ran into this issue, I thought maybe I was being robbed all along, but it's nice to know that was never the case