Topic: SFC OP CD KEY PROBLEM  (Read 5355 times)

rmahannah

SFC OP CD KEY PROBLEM
« on: July 07, 2003, 04:07:34 pm »
I just picked up a copy of SFC OP, and it won't let me enter the CD key.  The cursor doesn't move, and it just beeps when I try to enter the key.  My keyboard is working properly, and I also rebooted a couple of times.  Any suggestions?  

Toasty0

Re: SFC OP CD KEY PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 04:24:01 pm »
Quote:

I just picked up a copy of SFC OP, and it won't let me enter the CD key.  The cursor doesn't move, and it just beeps when I try to enter the key.  My keyboard is working properly, and I also rebooted a couple of times.  Any suggestions?  

I just talked to the great Karnak and he says you're using XPhome or XPpro.

There is a known problem with OP and XP. ONce you fire up OP and the CD-Key Dialog box open, hit the wondows key on your keyboard. OP will minimize to the task bar. Click the OP box on task bar and OP will resize. You should now be able to enter your CD-Key.

You will pro'ly have to do this every time you launch OP (minimize and maximize), but it is quick and painless.

Best,
Jerry  

rmahannah

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 05:44:49 pm »
Yes, I do have XP.  Thanks so much!!!  I thought I had a buggy disk...  

C-Los

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 02:27:29 am »
Another solution I found that works....

Right click SFC OP, click Properties, click Compatibility, then check the Disable visual themes box...apply...ok

Its a fix someone posted for SFC III, I found it works for OP as well....but...when exiting the game will still have to hit the window key then close from the task bar.

The other way found myself going all the way to the server....forgetting to do the window key along the way....then getting into a mission and my keyboard not working.....

Hope this is of some help !!!

Hang in there everyone, there will be a serious server on OP soon........

See You Out There !!!!!!!  

rmahannah

SFC OP CD KEY PROBLEM
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2003, 04:07:34 pm »

Toasty0

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2003, 04:24:01 pm »
Quote:

I just talked to the great Karnak and he says you're using XPhome or XPpro.

There is a known problem with OP and XP. ONce you fire up OP and the CD-Key Dialog box open, hit the wondows key on your keyboard. OP will minimize to the task bar. Click the OP box on task bar and OP will resize. You should now be able to enter your CD-Key.

You will pro'ly have to do this every time you launch OP (minimize and maximize), but it is quick and painless.

Best,
Jerry  

rmahannah

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2003, 05:44:49 pm »
Yes, I do have XP.  Thanks so much!!!  I thought I had a buggy disk...  

C-Los

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2003, 02:27:29 am »
Another solution I found that works....

Right click SFC OP, click Properties, click Compatibility, then check the Disable visual themes box...apply...ok

Its a fix someone posted for SFC III, I found it works for OP as well....but...when exiting the game will still have to hit the window key then close from the task bar.

The other way found myself going all the way to the server....forgetting to do the window key along the way....then getting into a mission and my keyboard not working.....

Hope this is of some help !!!

Hang in there everyone, there will be a serious server on OP soon........

See You Out There !!!!!!!