Topic: For those with SFC 1 and having problem playing in Win XP  (Read 1057 times)

Pestalence

For those with SFC 1 and having problem playing in Win XP
« on: July 07, 2003, 05:56:56 pm »
For those who enjoyed SFC 1 and upgraded to XP and found that SFC 1 would not work for Single player or at all or the PC you are on did not recognize your CD.. I have a solution...

a while back, I contacted interplay and they helped me get a fix for SFC 1 for use with XP.. however it is a last resort of theirs for this fix...

For SFC 1 to work correctly for Multiplayer mode in Gamespy Arcade you will need to follow the step by step instructions found on my web site here...

http://www.nightsoftware.com/effhq/sfc12.html

after that as stated on my web site, you will need to email me in order to recieve the SFC 1 fix from Interplay.. that is the agreement that I have with them... my email is pestalence@startrek.net

in return, I need a DirectX report log showing just the first segment of information to verify your system specs.. just the segment like below :

Code:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/23/2003, 20:52:13
       Machine name: PESTALENCE
   Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.021108-1929)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
       System Model: Satellite 5205
               BIOS: v1.40  
          Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 2.00GHz
             Memory: 1024MB RAM
          Page File: 154MB used, 2307MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0a (4.09.0000.0901)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.0000.0901 32bit Unicode

I will need to send this in to Interplay for each person that i send out the fix file to...

an optional method is to patch the game per my web site instructions, then contacting Interplay Customer Support by phone, and they may or may not help you fixing the game...

however, I have tested this file with some select people to verify it will work on a diverse set of machines and it works fine with no errors as to date...

I have only 1 stipulation.. as per Interplay, redistribution of this file by direct messenger, email, or DL on a web site is strictly forbidden without prior authorization from Interplay Customer Support or Corporate Offices....

how long that this stipulation will last is unknown and Interplay has made it abundantly clear that any SFC 1 title using this fix will be unsupported by Interplay after fix is applied to game.. (not that they support SFC 1 anymore anyways)

I will contact interplay again and check to see if it can be distributed publically....

hope that this helps..

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Pestalence »

Pestalence

For those with SFC 1 and having problem playing in Win XP
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 05:56:56 pm »
For those who enjoyed SFC 1 and upgraded to XP and found that SFC 1 would not work for Single player or at all or the PC you are on did not recognize your CD.. I have a solution...

a while back, I contacted interplay and they helped me get a fix for SFC 1 for use with XP.. however it is a last resort of theirs for this fix...

For SFC 1 to work correctly for Multiplayer mode in Gamespy Arcade you will need to follow the step by step instructions found on my web site here...

http://www.nightsoftware.com/effhq/sfc12.html

after that as stated on my web site, you will need to email me in order to recieve the SFC 1 fix from Interplay.. that is the agreement that I have with them... my email is pestalence@startrek.net

in return, I need a DirectX report log showing just the first segment of information to verify your system specs.. just the segment like below :

Code:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/23/2003, 20:52:13
       Machine name: PESTALENCE
   Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.021108-1929)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
       System Model: Satellite 5205
               BIOS: v1.40  
          Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 2.00GHz
             Memory: 1024MB RAM
          Page File: 154MB used, 2307MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0a (4.09.0000.0901)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.0000.0901 32bit Unicode

I will need to send this in to Interplay for each person that i send out the fix file to...

an optional method is to patch the game per my web site instructions, then contacting Interplay Customer Support by phone, and they may or may not help you fixing the game...

however, I have tested this file with some select people to verify it will work on a diverse set of machines and it works fine with no errors as to date...

I have only 1 stipulation.. as per Interplay, redistribution of this file by direct messenger, email, or DL on a web site is strictly forbidden without prior authorization from Interplay Customer Support or Corporate Offices....

how long that this stipulation will last is unknown and Interplay has made it abundantly clear that any SFC 1 title using this fix will be unsupported by Interplay after fix is applied to game.. (not that they support SFC 1 anymore anyways)

I will contact interplay again and check to see if it can be distributed publically....

hope that this helps..

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Pestalence »