Topic: 2 conversions for SFC3 - Prince of Wales and Dorsetshire  (Read 3534 times)

NannerSlug

this is also sort of a celebration for the upcoming patch for op.. i have converted the fcx and fdx for sfc3 and named them the Prince of Wales and Dorsetshire class ships - both were involved in the hunting down and sinking of the Bismark.

How do you get these ships submitted to sfu for their depository anyhow?

here are the download links:

http://area51.alienmedia.net/downloads/SFC3PrinceofWales.zip
http://area51.alienmedia.net/downloads/SFC3Dorsetshire.zip

and some pix

Lord Vader

Re: 2 conversions for SFC3 - Prince of Wales and Dorsetshire
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 01:07:40 am »
Those are looking pretty cool Nannerslug. I enjoy them

NannerSlug

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 01:10:43 am »
ty vader.. your chart is coming in real handy. maybe if im lucky i can inspire you enough to maybe help me with a couple of ships i would love to do or kitbash. (or hey, how about learning gmax and maybe i can get someone to take it from there). i am just learning a lot right now - but im trying to bare out many ideas i have.  i might retexture these later on - but i have my eyes set on retexturing somthing else.. the biggest thing for me is to make sure the damage textures and stuff works.

thank you for all the help earlier! miss ya!

sandman69247

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 01:22:47 am »
Those look great!

For the SFU depository, just go to SFU, click on downloads...then click the link for the depository. There, you can submit a file. They really made it pretty easy.

I made up a tutorial awhile back on how to export models made in gmax to mod format. It's a really long, drawn out process. Your best bet would be to get Milkshape, since it already has a converter. If you want the tut, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.

NannerSlug

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2003, 01:48:49 am »
thank you! so milkshape can open up a gmax file and convert it to a .mod file?

hmm.. can it convert a mod file to a gmax file?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by NannerSlug »

Lord Vader

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 02:15:04 am »
well nanner, all that counts is that your inspired to do this kindof stuff. It takes alot to get all the insperation and motivation to do things.  As long as your having a great time there is no problems  

sandman69247

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2003, 10:31:05 am »
No, milky can't open a gmax file,,,sorry for the misspeak. Milkshape has a converter to export from milk to mod. For gmax, you need to get the tempest gamepack and then export as md3; then you load into Deep exploration and convert to 3ds. Or, I think milkshape imports md3, so you might be able to get away with making the mesh in gmax, then exporting to md3, import to milk, texture then export as mod. See what I mean about drawn out? Why not just do your modeling in Mil;kshape? Far easier.

NannerSlug

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2003, 10:52:06 am »
im just starting out as far as the modeling goes..  heh.. gmax looks like it has more options.. but hey.

NannerSlug

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2003, 01:11:15 pm »
here are some more pictures. i retextured them. notice the lights and increased level of detail/smoothness.. you will have to redownload them, but they are done now (ill update the sfu download stuff later).

my next projects are to release a heavy battle cruiser pack based on sfc2 stuff.. one will be the bismark class, the other new jersey clas.. the final one (since there are no missiles) will be the repulse class - it will have extra phasers.

here they are, enjoy:

starforce2

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2003, 01:16:36 pm »
I assume you just overwrote the files you linked to on the first post?

NannerSlug

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2003, 01:20:57 pm »
yup.

Reverend

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2003, 01:33:19 pm »
very nice work Nannerslug! Thanks!