Topic: A question for you about the game  (Read 6430 times)

Atrahasis

A question for you about the game
« on: July 15, 2003, 10:33:00 pm »
Who here actually still plays SFC2: EAW?

Steelviper33

Re: A question for you about the game
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 10:34:13 pm »
...Atra?!?!

IS THAT YOU?!?!?!

MY GOD, MAN!!

my answer to your question is, i personally don't im an OP guy

E_Look

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 10:36:04 pm »
I did, until my HD crash.  But I will again, as soon as I can set up my era mods in it again.  Of course, I still play SFC1 and OP, too.  Right now, I've got most of my SFC1 up an running again.

Atrahasis

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 10:38:14 pm »
I was always disappointed that the TMP universe was never properly depicted by SFC. If I had a time machine I'd go back to the 1990's and make millions and then become the developer for the SFC games. Then i would actually create a game that knows the difference between TOS and TMP, because if you think about it the SFC ship specs are extensions of SFB specs, which are based only on TOS and not true TMP.  

Atrahasis

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 10:43:57 pm »
Another question: do you think anybody these days would want another mod package for OP? Or does anybody even play anymore and everybody here only makes models?  

Steelviper33

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 10:45:07 pm »
Hell Yea!
Id love another good mod Especially if its even losely canon.

sandman69247

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 10:45:39 pm »
Never got EAW, but I play OP all the time.

These are the best ST games around...never really liked BC or Armada, but as long as there are moddable ST games around, I'll be happy.

Atrahasis

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 10:51:49 pm »
Has anyone tried the EAW campaign missions in OP? Do they work and do they make single player bearable now?

E_Look

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2003, 11:02:07 pm »
Oh, that's technically true, but (and I have el zilcho experience with SFB except owning one pewter minature of the Ent-A) one can, and definitely you of all people, easily extrapolate TOSish or SFBish stats to numbers that would more than roughly model what we've seen in the Kirk-Spock-McCoy movies.

I'd rather think that it's the TNG era that'd be hard as heck to model using SFB stats.  Their weapons are just too powerful.

OT:  TOS (the Feds, natch) evokes in my imagination America between and up to WWII/Korean War era- more powerful than it realizes but still a but unsteady and unsure about itself in the face of yet unknown dangers.  From Janeway's words in Voyager- how big space must have seemed then to Kirk, Sulu, etc.

TMP gets compared in my eye to Vietnam War/Cold War era America, a power challenged, but one which is now a bit more aware of its muscle, though still quite wary of the powerful rivals it has.

TNG?  Heck, that in my mind is like post-Soviet Union America- haughty because it has reason  to be, feared because it has reason to be, envied because it has reason to be, poised on the verge of something critical, something grand, something noble, yet the stakes are quite high because it represents something golden for all men and the possibility of either abject failure through blindness to dangers due its elevated pride or just pissing it all away due to affluence induced apathy or callousness is all too real... not that its enemies (Borg, Q [maybe], Roms, Klinks, whomever the heck else... and the real world analogues for the U.S.) are such a noble assemblage.

The SFB ruleset, or so it seems to me from the uninitated's distance, is characterized throughout by checks and balances.  How can this apply to a pre-eminent power, such as TNG or post TNG Federation's Starfleet?  Boy, they can even whip the Borg, with a bit of sneakiness.

Actually, this gives me an idea for a post TNG era show- and I hope someone with the right connections steals this idea and puts it on the airwaves.  I'd love to see a new ST series based on Starfleet having to help stave off some moderate to weak external powers, but some unsettling internal dissonances, such as the Ludditish Vulcan movement to withdraw from the UFP, heated provinicial disputes leading to skirmishes between neighboring Federation systems, and difficulties in incorporating new frontiers into the Federation, non-humanoid Federation races having real anti-humanoid grievances.  Seeing creative solutions from a crack crew on the best starship of Starfleet (the Big E, of course) to such things would be great.  

sandman69247

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2003, 11:15:07 pm »
Sounds good to me...maybe a good fanfic if nothing else. How about: The Andorians, after 250 yrs as the low man on the totem pole, decides to break from the UFP. Resentment has been building for decades, dissident groups stockpiling weapons and secret research facilities creating awesome new weapons. In other words, the 1st Civil War of the UFP. Could be interesting.

Reverend

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2003, 11:29:07 pm »
VERY cool idea, Sandman.. never heard its like before!  

manitoba

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2003, 12:04:25 am »
thats was kinda the idea where my dark angel akiras began from a long time ago, but they werent akiras at the time. they were heavily modified connies but heck same difference. but as i was saying, when i played the startrek game on the old TRS-80 system way back then, and yes i said TRS-80 guys. dont laugh to hard. oh and i am only 29 so im not that old yet. lol  but thats how me and a few friends played it then. as if all the other races at the time and a few others from some of our favs scifi shows were all atacking the federation. but thats how things go. and if u noticed some of my ships are called a frankenstienin fleet thats where it all started.

Captain KoraH

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2003, 01:13:58 am »
I personally don't play EAW any more, but OP is still on my hard drive. I haven't played it for a long while because I've been busy with SFC3 mods and making new models. If I ever released all the kitbashes I've made in the last 6 months for the TNZ mod, you all would crap yourselves! There are easily 60-80 new ships in the TNZ mod that are not available anywhere else.

Anyway, if someone made a true TMP mod for OP I'd definitly play it. If it was for EAW I might still play it. Heck I can hardly remember the difference between the two anymore aside from the pirate cartels.

starforce2

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2003, 02:19:24 am »
atra, question for you. DId you make a TOS Larson? I am fairly certain you made a loknar for TOS. Was wonderin g if I could get either of those.

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2003, 05:41:26 am »
Hello Atra
  Its nice to see you back here. To Answer your question concerning OP the EAW missions work great in OP. I've been using Firesouls SFB ship list and the custom missions and find the Campagins quite challenging. I'd look forward to seeing
your continuation of the ships of the Starfleet  tos mod that you had started. Well I've got to go get ready for work.
Take care and be well. I hope to see you around now and then.

Atrahasis

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2003, 06:00:14 am »
Hi Starforce, the Loknar and the Larson were done by P81 and also by Ghost's team, you might be able to hunt them down at the Starfleet Universe library archives or at Fleetdock13.

I'm glad to hear the EAW missions work in OP because single player in OP is just so unbearably mundane that it makes modding for it a waste of time.

Hmmmm I see possibilities for the future. I've been mulling over a great idea, basically to make the game as it should have been made, but the fact is that since OP has the most variety of weapons I would have to create the mod pack for it and not EAW, but as I mentioned before OP's single player is just a waste of time. However if people are saying that the EAW campaigns make OP bearable then its a different story. Maybe I can get something ready by Christmas. I need to hunt down Darkdrone if he's still around...

I heard that Chris Jones has put his latest mod on indefinite hold, which is a pity indeed. I've always wanted to put together something big by myself but have not had the time. Maybe with some tips from him I can finally do it.  

Smiley

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2003, 06:25:57 am »
I have got SFC1, EAW and SFC3. I tried to get OP because I had heard that it was quite kewl and had new stuff in it that I wasn't aware of, but alas, no where here stocks it anymore, couldn't order it anywhere!
I haven't actually played a game of anything in such a long time though, I just model and texture now really...don't even get a chance to playtest..rofl

starforce2

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2003, 06:27:47 am »
Quote:

Hi Starforce, the Loknar and the Larson were done by P81 and also by Ghost's team, you might be able to hunt them down at the Starfleet Universe library archives or at Fleetdock13.

Still no luck on the loknar but I found the larson. Thanks. What classes did you have? I'm colecting some extra ships for my bridge commander TOS supermod (To go along with schuttups set) and some for some eraly tos (But not sf museum) ships. I was certain you have something that would fit, aside from the usual ship classes that I've already got (saladin, tos miranda, connie, dreadnought..ect) Been so long since I seen your ships I forgot what u've made.

Atrahasis

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2003, 06:30:50 am »
Hopefully the majority of my stuff is at the SFU archives, I did some TOS Klings and Roms as well, and also all those TOS freighters.  

Marauth

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2003, 06:38:57 am »
OMG Atrahasis is here! Man it's been too long, good to hear you still have an interest in SFC, unfortunately now I've gotta go hunting for a copy of OP, never found it anywhere when it was on sale.

kingofthedemonhunters

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2003, 06:50:34 am »
Starfoce heres where you get the loknar, it's a great site, don't know who its by.
http://www.rogueninech.com/rogueshipyard.html
Atra I play OP, the only one that on my HD, I turned to it because its just like EAW but with more races.  

sandman69247

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2003, 08:16:11 am »
Is it possible to get the missions for EAW without getting the game? Is there a modpack that has them, or do I need to hunt down a copy?

James Formo

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2003, 12:18:43 pm »
Quote:

There are easily 60-80 new ships in the TNZ mod that are not available anywhere else.

Capt. Korah,  where can your TNZ mod be downloaded?

Do we have to have SFC3 to install it?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2003, 12:20:43 pm by James Formo »

starforce2

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2003, 12:40:39 pm »
Quote:

Starfoce heres where you get the loknar, it's a great site, don't know who its by.
http://www.rogueninech.com/rogueshipyard.html
Atra I play OP, the only one that on my HD, I turned to it because its just like EAW but with more races.  

Unfortuneatley, that model is nowhere near the quality of atra or schuttup. If I'm going to make a mod involving a group of ships, I want them to match each other as closely as possible in quality and what not.

Dizzy

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2003, 12:54:19 pm »
I play EAW all the time. I will port all my model folders to OP once the patch is done.

Why do you ask Atra?

Marauth

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2003, 03:29:49 pm »
Yo Starforce, believe it or not that Loknar is P81's it's exceedingly old though.

WhiteKnight

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2003, 11:41:21 pm »
First of all welcome back and yes I play EAW and OP still.I prefer them to SFC3  

starforce2

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2003, 05:35:14 am »
Quote:

Yo Starforce, believe it or not that Loknar is P81's it's exceedingly old though.  

It may have also been an armada model, hance the low detail.

Atrahasis

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2003, 03:02:46 pm »
I just played some OP after doing some adjustments of the specs to what I think they should be, and it was quite the experience. I like fast-paced, not the slow mitznia-style that is typical of the unaltered game. Hmm maybe if I can produce a final product I can share it with everyone.  

Rogue

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2003, 03:12:36 pm »
Ya, I hear you. I finaly converted to OP myself. I, for one, would be highly interested in anything you might be inclined to do.  

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2003, 06:36:16 pm »
Quote:

I just played some OP after doing some adjustments of the specs to what I think they should be, and it was quite the experience. I like fast-paced, not the slow mitznia-style that is typical of the unaltered game. Hmm maybe if I can produce a final product I can share it with everyone.    

Oh yeah! Atrahasis is back! Welcome back Atrahasis!

Qapla!

KF

Rod O'neal

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2003, 11:23:57 pm »
Quote:

Is it possible to get the missions for EAW without getting the game? Is there a modpack that has them, or do I need to hunt down a copy?

Firesoul did the EAW campaigns for OP and they're on his site. I don't have the link right at my fingertips, but you shouldn't have a problem getting it. Without looking, I'm pretty sure it's in his sig.  

Atrahasis

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2003, 12:39:39 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Oh yeah! Atrahasis is back! Welcome back Atrahasis!

Qapla!

KF  

Hi KF,

Has anyone done better versions of the original KA/SFC Klingon ships yet? Not the TOS style ones that jrstandfast did, but better versions of the original TMP ones.  

Rogue

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2003, 02:03:51 pm »
Quote:

Has anyone done better versions of the original KA/SFC Klingon ships yet? Not the TOS style ones that jrstandfast did, but better versions of the original TMP ones.  

The only one I know of is a cut and paste KF did on the KCL with Rick's KBB textures. Other than the work jrstandfast did, that you mentioned, there are perhaps a few at War Refit Spacedock. But by and large those are Fleetdock 13 meshes.

You wouldn't happen to know what the KCL/D5 is really supposed to look like do you? For some reason I was convinced that the geometry was supposed to be like the stock KCL. After quite a bit of google I'm not so sure anymore. I found about four different renders that bear no resemblence to each other. Certainly nothing like the Taldren/KA model.

What you got brewing guy? You seem to have caught some inspiration for an OP project. Something multi-era or some missing hulls that would be fun? I'm playing with plasma bolts at the moment. (almost like direct fire plasma)  

Atrahasis

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2003, 08:56:29 am »
Good lord, what is a plasma bolt and how do I get me some? Have people figured out how to develop new weapons, or have some been introduced in the new patch that I don't have yet?

The real D-5 is an Enterprise-era ship, you can find some pics at Star Trek Guardian which is always an excellent source. I wish I could remember the exact address though.

Atrahasis

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2003, 08:59:34 am »
Interestingly, the real D-5 has lowered angled wings without the extra little struts like the model that I made (which was based on Nolan Lamb's real life-model design). Has anyone modeled it yet? Also the Raptor and the Ent-era Klingon Bird of Prey.  

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2003, 09:25:15 am »
Quote:

Hi KF,

How about these Klingon Academy/SFC stock KCL models Atrahasis?

http://www.klingonfanatic.20m.com/images/tkcl6.jpg

http://www.klingonfanatic.20m.com/images/tkcl3.jpg

I did three versions of the KCL, a TOS a late TMP D2 style and a Romulanized version.

http://www.klingonfanatic.20m.com/images/rkcl4.jpg

Until Peter Davies can bring the site he made for me online, these are available at: http://www.stcd.sgnonline.com/network/sfcmods.htm

Qapla!

KF  

Atrahasis

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2003, 09:49:22 am »
That's an excellent job on the stock KCL, I notice the subdued shades of green that you did which are more in line with the Ktinga that Moonraker made and the Klingon ships that me and P81 did, which in my opinion is the appropriate color. That high-contrast green of the original stock KCL always bothered me. I will have to appropriate it for my mod pacakge.

Atrahasis

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2003, 09:53:46 am »
Also, KF, if you're into kitbashing Klingon ships, you might find this bit of info interesting:

As you know, the models for SFC1 were originally Klingon Academy models. In the KA literature, it says that the KCL resembles the older D-6 cruiser....interesting, eh? So if you want to fashion a D-6 I say you could use the body of the KCL but perhaps with wings slanted down with warps on the ends. A project especially suited for you, my friend.  

Rogue

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2003, 11:08:53 am »
Quote:

Good lord, what is a plasma bolt and how do I get me some? Have people figured out how to develop new weapons, or have some been introduced in the new patch that I don't have yet?

The real D-5 is an Enterprise-era ship, you can find some pics at Star Trek Guardian which is always an excellent source. I wish I could remember the exact address though.

Plasma bolts = upping the plasma speed to about the same as disrupters (about 550 in EAW). There's a string file that describes the speed of most weapons. This is for personal amusement and I assume OP uses the same string file. "Try and weasel this!." If you get bored try it sometime. It's a hoot. There were rules, though, for direct fire plasma torpedoes if SFB. (Oddly, I can't find that file in OP and I unloaded EAW. I'll make a point to describe specificly how to do it at a later time)

As far as the D5 goes, I think I made the mistake of thinking the Taldren KCL was was an artistic rendition of the SFB SSD. When I went to look at one it had two smaller warps configured like the D6. There is no single warp engined one like the KCL! My memory is failing me. After a little web seaching I found four different models and renders that were supposed to be the D5. One of which looks dead like your light cruiser. (one of my all time favorite models of yours, BTW)  
« Last Edit: July 20, 2003, 11:52:51 am by Rogue »

Atrahasis

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2003, 07:06:19 pm »
Dear GOD....

Which strings file is it, the aaStrings or the regular Strings, and about where is it, and can we do anything else to the weapons like chage their yields??? This is new stuff for me!

Thank you in advance.  

Rogue

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2003, 09:50:06 pm »
Quote:

Dear GOD....

Which strings file is it, the aaStrings or the regular Strings, and about where is it, and can we do anything else to the weapons like chage their yields??? This is new stuff for me!

Thank you in advance.  

I may have been premature. I was looking over what some parameters in a given file that I can't locate at the moment. There it was in all its glory... the speed parameters for all kinds of things. Weapons yields no, but rates of travel was there. I briefly upped the speed of the drones to something absurd like what disruptors travel at and it worked! Something like speed 550 drones. I put it back immediately and made a mental note at the for a later time. I'm pretty sure I did it in EAW as I havn't loaded SFC1 in a long time. Rest assured when I find it again I will make a point to share it. I thought I remembered it being in a string file but since I looked through all of them in OP it wasn't there. So I'm guessing it was in one of the.ini files. I'm going to feel a little silly if it was a parameter brought out in someones custom string file I was using and I can't find it again. Or had been eliminated in more recent patch. But it was there and certainly worked for drones so I have to assume it works for photons and disruptors. I don't specificly remember plasmas but I bet it does.

I was talking to you about something else when I got the bug to try speed 500 plasma's (ie. plasma bolts)  I suppose the value is strictly for personal amusement since it wont be useful for anything but novelty. But it sure is fun watching drones progess at some bizaar speed. I know for sure it covered disruptors, drones and photon torp speed (which was something silly slow like 55) If and when I find it I'll make a point that you know about it.

If anyone else remembers seeing this please feel free to advise.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 09:59:54 pm by Rogue »

Atrahasis

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2003, 11:30:20 pm »
It would be amazing if it were in one of the string files because I have not noticed it. The Strings just covers the names of the weapons as far as I know.

I always thought weapons speeds were hard-coded in the spritesq3 file.....my friend, is it possible you somehow accessed that forbidden file???

Rogue

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2003, 06:11:54 am »
Na, I was doing something like going through all of the odd files with notepad to see what you could mess with. I thought it was a string or (x).ini file. It could be in one of the files that Windows doesn't recognize the extention is my guess. I'll go looking foer it again soon because it's an issue now. I've been working on OP to get the way I want and I have to think the basic engine is the same as EAW. I know it wasn't sprites.q3. I see a couple of hours being burnt looking for it again. I tell you I'm amazed at what one can mess with in these game titles. I'll look you up when I find it. Gosh, I hope it wasn't a file that got removed by a newer patch or I'll go nuts.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Rogue »

Atrahasis

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2003, 06:14:40 am »
Please do, I'm very interested in modifying weapons if it's possible. It'll be a whole new take on things.  

Rogue

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2003, 07:35:04 am »
OK, I'm just nuts. I went through everything in EAW, patched and unpatched, and couldn't turn it up. I may have a string file archived somewhere that has it. Or the worst thing could be that it was eliminated in a patch. Sorry, didn't mean to get your hopes up. My pride is really bruised and I'm a little perplexed. Is this a sure sign I should seek professional help?  

Reverend

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2003, 09:41:15 am »
Nah, just a sure sign you put your best into things- I remember seeing that file to, actually, long time ago... never saw it again either- but dumb me, I was afraid to mess with it:(  

Rogue

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2003, 10:31:01 am »
 , That's funny. Ya, I remember that sucker and I tried the drone thing for the heck of it and it worked just fine. I wonder if one of the patches got it to keep people from doing something funny when playing on line. Shoot, I was going to spend an evening launching plasma torp barages. I bet it would be twice as fun if it worked with MRV drones. Ah, nuts.  

Dogmatix!

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2003, 12:32:22 pm »
Quote:

I have got SFC1, EAW and SFC3. I tried to get OP because I had heard that it was quite kewl and had new stuff in it that I wasn't aware of, but alas, no where here stocks it anymore, couldn't order it anywhere!
I haven't actually played a game of anything in such a long time though, I just model and texture now really...don't even get a chance to playtest..rofl  

I started a program ( Give OP a chance ) back in April.  To date, I've sent out five copies and even one copy of EAW.

...and others have joined the cause ( Need a copy of OP? ).

I believe copies are also available via InterPlay.

This is being done to grow the OP Community and increase the entertainment value of an already fine product (as of the latest patch).  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Dogmatix! »

Atrahasis

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2003, 09:45:00 pm »
But does that mean that if you reinstall EAW unpatched then you should have the file you messed around with? If so what is the version of your disk? Thanks in advance.  

Rogue

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2003, 10:01:51 pm »
I'm unsure as of yet. I reinstalled EAW and looked for it patched as well as unpatched. Nada... I'm perplexed as to what revision it showed up in. Needless to say I deleted the previous patches. I wonder if Magnum has the answer? If I remember right it was in a string file. It was either that, a .ini or some odd file like MetaAssets/database.gf. Open that sucker up in notepad and it is there. I'm really disappointed as it could of made for a little fun. That and I use so many of your models that I'm losing out on an opportunity to do a little thing for ya. Darn it. My only hope is if I missed it in the unpatched version the first time around or someone sees this and kept the file for this reason. I'm pretty sure it only gave the parameters for how fast certain things move during the game and not weapons damage. Rest assured if I find it I will look you up.

I have to be out of town for orientation with a new employer so it will be a few days before I give it a last shot. I'll post back here either way.

Peace, bro.  
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 10:08:40 pm by Rogue »

Atrahasis

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2003, 10:53:06 pm »
Daaaarn it, if we could alter weapons speeds we would be able to do SO much!

See, part of the problem with the game as it is is that Photon Torpedoes are unguided. However, if we could up the speed to some of the plasma weapons then (after we change the graphics) we'd have GUIDED PHOTONS like we see in the TMP/TNG era. Not to mention plasma bolts.

Ever slipped in a blue Photon Torpedo graphic for a plasma torpedo and watched it sail to its target like as if it were a quatum torp? It's cool. Except it travels much too slow!  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Atrahasis »

Rogue

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2003, 12:16:35 am »
Oooo, that hadn't occured to me. Interesting idea. So much for the weak and unguided Federation torps with their mild warheads. Hmmm, quantom R-torps maybe? That would smoke yer turkey. I wonder if down grading to S torps would get you two turn charging? I do that with G torps to F all the time. Never tried it with the bigger ones.

I'll be traveling for the next few days and wont get a chance to check in. When I get back I'm going to make a last ditch attempt to pin that down. Think Chris Jones might know? Lord if anyone is he is likely to.

Be good guy.  

Atrahasis

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2003, 01:27:19 am »
Actually, S-torps would make a bad choice for photorp replacements because they take 3 turns to charge if I remmeber correctly. However F-torps take only 2 turns and they require no holding cost, and in my experience make great guided torps for the TMP era if you change the graphic. Just load maybe 6-8 on a FCA and you have your guided torp spread. For TNG Q-torps maybe the X-torp would be good, otherwise you take the R away from the Roms. Anyways, that's just my fanatasizing. It would be so much more authentic if the speeds could be changed.  

SPQR Renegade001

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2003, 11:16:09 am »
Quote:

Actually, S-torps would make a bad choice for photorp replacements because they take 3 turns to charge if I remmeber correctly. However F-torps take only 2 turns ...

In EAW/OP, all standard loaded or enveloping torps take 3 turns to load. If you set an R/S/G tube to underload as F, it will load in 2 turns, but will require a holding cost.