Topic: Anyone get the Xenocorp packs working?  (Read 2081 times)

dderidex

Anyone get the Xenocorp packs working?
« on: July 21, 2003, 11:58:02 pm »
Just curious, downloaded the set of them from:
http://www.xenocorp.net/Fleets_Guilds/Starfleet_Command/sfcOP_enhancements.htm

And installed them all to my base SFC folder.

None of them seem to have taken effect?

Didn't really want to try with the 'manual' install method, as those zip files are huge and I'd rather just let the installer do it, if it can.

Am I missing something obvious?

Jwest

Re: Anyone get the Xenocorp packs working?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 05:14:17 pm »
Just did this yesterday expecting the same thing - The Xenocorp installs don't actually install the files into the game, they just create a Xenocorp folder under assets with the folders, so you can mix and match the textures, sounds, etcetera you want.

You still need to switch everything out, put the original textures in a backup folder and move the textures you want into place.    

dderidex

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 12:13:27 pm »
Bleh, that's useless then.  The audio files are all in a single huge zip file.  

Jwest

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 05:51:58 pm »
Not if you have Winzip (Free download) - just access the file with Winzip, and place the new file in the .zip file with no compression.  

AdmiralFrey_XC

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 02:44:17 pm »
The "README" contains all the information needed to install the packs.

The reason they don't simply overwrite the existing files is :

1. The sfcsounds.zip is like 49 MB in size, so that would suck as a download (it's NOT COMPRESSED)

2. There are so many different sounds, textures that I couldn't imagine my personal selections would be everyone's personal selections, so including them all and allowing the user to customize it to his/ her liking is best.

Just check out the README.TXT and give it a try, if you have any problems, email me : fafrey@xenocorp.net. I'll be happy to help you out.

Regards,