Topic: Overcharging weapons?  (Read 6081 times)

Methos

Overcharging weapons?
« on: January 17, 2003, 01:36:09 pm »
Ok I just got a Negh var on a server I play at and I gave it warp X type 4shields all around and only the type 4 disruptors and no heavys,yet in a game I have no extra warp power,but in the refit sceen I have around 60 to spare.

So I'm asking just how people are overcharging weapons or shields if all warp power is used up with even the weakest shields and weapons?

Aenigma

Re: Overcharging weapons?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 03:15:05 pm »
Well, i don't know actually. The only thing i can think of is that when you look at the energy distribution the power is already distributed to the shields and the disruptors. The red line means full overload and the green one means normal power. So i think they are already up to red, and then you indeed can't give them more power.

Aenigma  

3dot14

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2003, 07:42:51 pm »
interesting. can you describe the ship loadout in more detail?

One thing: level 4 disruptors are the MOST POWERFUL (and more power consuming) weapon. not the weakest.

Firestorm

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2003, 07:51:38 pm »
My guess is maybe difference in Officers levels, maybe

SPQR Raven

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2003, 08:20:53 pm »
    I have never seen that, however I have noticed that if I have a lot of IVF disruptors and only one heavy, the dumb computer puts the one torp up to max and leaves the disruptors short about 10-20%. This may be a bug? Logically, the computer should attempt to bring all energy levels to minimum (standard) and then put extra in shields until it is needed for overloading weapon sat  the captains disgretion?  

jimmythehat

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2003, 08:46:32 pm »
As far as I know, it goes like this
Overcharging weapons to 200% [the red line] lets your weapons do 150% damage
Overcharging sheilds only speeds up their repair.
There's a better post about this on the old forum... i'm too lazy to look for it, but it's not too hard to find... i think

As for not having an extra power bar, it seems that all of the extra power is evenly distributed amongst your various weapons and sheilds.
hope that helps.

Inglo

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2003, 08:53:31 pm »
I've never really tested this but does overcharging any of the weapons have any effect other than increased damage?  i.e. Negative effects on range and accuracy?  

Fuller

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2003, 09:13:46 pm »
I don't think it will have any effect on range or dissipation other than to increase damage and defense power depending on how your sliders are set.

Methos you shouldn't be having these problems. I have no problem with it. Will you please restate your post in more detail so that I may understand better.  

Methos

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2003, 11:56:59 pm »
Quote:

One thing: level 4 disruptors are the MOST POWERFUL (and more power consuming) weapon. not the weakest.  

ok with the load out that I listed above maybe,but when I tryed it with Warpcore X,type level 1 shields,and one and only one type I disruptor and no heavys and started a battle,I still don't have any spare power,and it's like it takes almost 70% of my power just for the weakest shields,and the disruptor is bearly touching the green marker.

Methos

Overcharging weapons?
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2003, 01:36:09 pm »
Ok I just got a Negh var on a server I play at and I gave it warp X type 4shields all around and only the type 4 disruptors and no heavys,yet in a game I have no extra warp power,but in the refit sceen I have around 60 to spare.

So I'm asking just how people are overcharging weapons or shields if all warp power is used up with even the weakest shields and weapons?

Aenigma

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2003, 03:15:05 pm »
Well, i don't know actually. The only thing i can think of is that when you look at the energy distribution the power is already distributed to the shields and the disruptors. The red line means full overload and the green one means normal power. So i think they are already up to red, and then you indeed can't give them more power.

Aenigma  

3dot14

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2003, 07:42:51 pm »

Firestorm

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2003, 07:51:38 pm »
My guess is maybe difference in Officers levels, maybe

SPQR Raven

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2003, 08:20:53 pm »
    I have never seen that, however I have noticed that if I have a lot of IVF disruptors and only one heavy, the dumb computer puts the one torp up to max and leaves the disruptors short about 10-20%. This may be a bug? Logically, the computer should attempt to bring all energy levels to minimum (standard) and then put extra in shields until it is needed for overloading weapon sat  the captains disgretion?  

jimmythehat

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2003, 08:46:32 pm »
As far as I know, it goes like this
Overcharging weapons to 200% [the red line] lets your weapons do 150% damage
Overcharging sheilds only speeds up their repair.
There's a better post about this on the old forum... i'm too lazy to look for it, but it's not too hard to find... i think

As for not having an extra power bar, it seems that all of the extra power is evenly distributed amongst your various weapons and sheilds.
hope that helps.

Inglo

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2003, 08:53:31 pm »
I've never really tested this but does overcharging any of the weapons have any effect other than increased damage?  i.e. Negative effects on range and accuracy?  

Fuller

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2003, 09:13:46 pm »
I don't think it will have any effect on range or dissipation other than to increase damage and defense power depending on how your sliders are set.

Methos you shouldn't be having these problems. I have no problem with it. Will you please restate your post in more detail so that I may understand better.  

Methos

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2003, 11:56:59 pm »
Quote:

ok with the load out that I listed above maybe,but when I tryed it with Warpcore X,type level 1 shields,and one and only one type I disruptor and no heavys and started a battle,I still don't have any spare power,and it's like it takes almost 70% of my power just for the weakest shields,and the disruptor is bearly touching the green marker.