Topic: Increasing Starbase/Battle Station/Base Station span of control?  (Read 1846 times)

Mystery

In the file Score.gf, there are sections regarding Star Base, Battle Station and Base Station Transition/Victory points.  Judging from the description (comments) it would appear that you can set up defensive values for adjacent hexes due to the presence of the base/station.  For example, the below setting should add 14 defense to the hex a Battle Station is in, and 4 defense to all 6 adjacent hexes.  

[BattleStation/Transition/VictoryPoints]
Primary      = 14
Secondary      = 4

I was hoping that these settings would allow bases/stations to "control" the adjecent hexes...i.e., players could not flip those adjacent (secondary) hexes without taking out the protective base/station first...just like you can't flip the primary hex without first destroying the base/station.

I've tried this, but the settings don't seem to work as expected...secondary hexes are still "flippable" without taking out the base/station.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is there a different setting I should be adjusting to accomplish my goal here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mystery