Topic: SFC2 CD Key trouble HELP  (Read 6918 times)

SirWilliam

SFC2 CD Key trouble HELP
« on: July 25, 2003, 12:35:52 am »
OK I finally got my hands on a brand new copy of SFC2: EAW so my girlfriend can play.  I installed it and it won't accept the CD key on the case no matter what.  I tried everything I could think of, removing the dashes, typing caps instead of lowercase, using compatibility mode (she has XP) of Win98 and 2000, registered it, tried it with and without the newest patch, nothing works, keeps saying the CD key is invalid, try again, also when it says try again, I have to restart the game to get it to accept another attempt which fails anyway.  She tried typing the code in too and same result, I'm not typing it wrong, besides I would have had to screw up entering it like 30 times in a row.

I bought this online from Amazon.com, it was brand new sealed in the box until tonight.  What is up with this Taldren?  Any suggestions?  Anyone?

Thanks

SW        

Corbomite

Re: SFC2 CD Key trouble HELP
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 12:39:33 am »
If it has only 16 characters (EAW is supposed to have 20) you are a victim of the "Interplay let out many EAW CD's with OP CD keys" fiasco. You must contact Interplay and they will give you a valid key.

SirWilliam

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 12:41:44 am »
OMG that sucks royally.  Thanks for the info.

SW  

Cleaven

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 12:44:01 am »
Look on their website for the page to contact them for support. They have a subject heading for just this problem and other people report a next day response with a new CD key.  

SirWilliam

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2003, 12:50:13 am »
Well I dug up my own old copy and it took that CD key.  Remains to be seen if we can both play at the same time now.

Thanks again for the help guys

SW  

FireSoul

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2003, 04:24:16 am »
you should still contact Interplay.. You know.. you paid for this.

SirWilliam

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2003, 06:34:59 pm »
True.  Plus I guess there's no way we could both get on the D2 at the same time.  On the other hand maybe we couldn't anyway since I'm running 2 computers from a single router... ?  Oh well we should be able to play single IP missions I guess.

Of course I have to get her trained how to steer the ship first...  ha ha  "OK THIS is a phaser, THIS is your missile launcher... oh hell just hit that asterisk and hit Z whenever they get near you, OK hon?"  ha ha ha  This is gonna be more of a challenge than I'd thought.

SW

I sitll can't believe they put OP CD keys on EAW cases.  It has 16 digits just as was said above, amazing.  

FireSoul

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2003, 10:47:03 pm »
well. .. not to suggest anything.. but did you say you have a OP CD-key?

SirWilliam

SFC2 CD Key trouble HELP
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2003, 12:35:52 am »
OK I finally got my hands on a brand new copy of SFC2: EAW so my girlfriend can play.  I installed it and it won't accept the CD key on the case no matter what.  I tried everything I could think of, removing the dashes, typing caps instead of lowercase, using compatibility mode (she has XP) of Win98 and 2000, registered it, tried it with and without the newest patch, nothing works, keeps saying the CD key is invalid, try again, also when it says try again, I have to restart the game to get it to accept another attempt which fails anyway.  She tried typing the code in too and same result, I'm not typing it wrong, besides I would have had to screw up entering it like 30 times in a row.

I bought this online from Amazon.com, it was brand new sealed in the box until tonight.  What is up with this Taldren?  Any suggestions?  Anyone?

Thanks

SW        

Corbomite

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2003, 12:39:33 am »
If it has only 16 characters (EAW is supposed to have 20) you are a victim of the "Interplay let out many EAW CD's with OP CD keys" fiasco. You must contact Interplay and they will give you a valid key.

SirWilliam

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2003, 12:41:44 am »
OMG that sucks royally.  Thanks for the info.

SW  

Cleaven

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2003, 12:44:01 am »
Look on their website for the page to contact them for support. They have a subject heading for just this problem and other people report a next day response with a new CD key.  

SirWilliam

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2003, 12:50:13 am »
Well I dug up my own old copy and it took that CD key.  Remains to be seen if we can both play at the same time now.

Thanks again for the help guys

SW  

FireSoul

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2003, 04:24:16 am »
you should still contact Interplay.. You know.. you paid for this.

SirWilliam

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2003, 06:34:59 pm »
True.  Plus I guess there's no way we could both get on the D2 at the same time.  On the other hand maybe we couldn't anyway since I'm running 2 computers from a single router... ?  Oh well we should be able to play single IP missions I guess.

Of course I have to get her trained how to steer the ship first...  ha ha  "OK THIS is a phaser, THIS is your missile launcher... oh hell just hit that asterisk and hit Z whenever they get near you, OK hon?"  ha ha ha  This is gonna be more of a challenge than I'd thought.

SW

I sitll can't believe they put OP CD keys on EAW cases.  It has 16 digits just as was said above, amazing.  

FireSoul

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2003, 10:47:03 pm »
well. .. not to suggest anything.. but did you say you have a OP CD-key?