Topic: WYN aux BC retexture. 2 seperate versions inside.  (Read 1307 times)

James Formo

WYN aux BC retexture. 2 seperate versions inside.
« on: August 10, 2003, 06:17:11 pm »
I am trying to get to 1000 posts .    Rod O'neal suggested dropping the 3rd warp. Good idea, its done. Then I did a retex of it since it is meant to be a WYN ship, not MIrak. As near as I figure though, the WYN sound like Mirak pirates. This ship could probably pass as a pirate ship as well.

Pick and d/l here.  I sent it over to SFU so might be up there tommorrow.

WYN-aux BC pic and D/l under files  

Rod O'neal

Re: WYN aux BC retexture. 2 seperate versions inside.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 09:23:40 pm »
Yeah for Yahoo on this one. I managed to get all three of the Mirak ships without it going down. Thanks again, man

Between you and Azel I might be converted from TOS! (Tongue bursts into flames and goes running across the room for uttering such profanity )    

Rod O'neal

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 07:51:50 pm »
Hello James,
The original 3warp version of the AxBC would make a good Orion double raider, which does have center warp. The WYN purchased, Orion light raiders (LR), double raiders (DBR), and light cruisers (CR) from the Orions under an agreement that allowed them to have a base of operations, and a shipyard, in the cluster. The AxBC would be a lot bigger than the DBR, being based on a freighter. While the DBR is 2 frigates strapped together. So, don't 86 the 3warp version. Just make it about the size of a WarDestroyer and it'll still be a good design.  

FireSoul

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2003, 08:46:13 pm »
If files is not clickable, it means I have to join something, right?

Rod O'neal

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2003, 09:33:15 pm »
Quote:

If files is not clickable, it means I have to join something, right?  

Yes. It's no biggie though, especially if you allready have a Yahoo ID. I joined a couple of James' groups, to get the models, and haven't received a single e-mail, spam, or anything due to it.  

James Formo

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2003, 10:13:58 pm »
Quote:

Hello James,
The original 3warp version of the AxBC would make a good Orion double raider, which does have center warp. The WYN purchased, Orion light raiders (LR), double raiders (DBR), and light cruisers (CR) from the Orions under an agreement that allowed them to have a base of operations, and a shipyard, in the cluster. The AxBC would be a lot bigger than the DBR, being based on a freighter. While the DBR is 2 frigates strapped together. So, don't 86 the 3warp version. Just make it about the size of a WarDestroyer and it'll still be a good design.  

Thanks for that info Rod. I still got the 3 nacell version somewhere. I have about 200 files saved of these mirak reworks. So I can always go back to an earlier design. I may branch out into the Orions after this as my latest textures look piratey anyway.

Oh Firesoul. Only problem with Yahoo is limited bandwidth. If 5 people would get all 3 files in the same day it would max out the club till the next day.

Good news though. All 3 files are now at SFU. I recommend getting these there.  Check under latest files or models, then SFC2/OP section.

Happy Hunting

SFU files

« Last Edit: August 11, 2003, 10:15:05 pm by James Formo »

James Formo

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2003, 01:32:43 am »
Just a reminder. The pirate Mirak textures on the WYN can be used for all the Mirak ships I release. Simply back up the original textures in a seperate folder. Then copy the wyn.bmp into the folder of the ship you want it for. Then rename the wyn.bmp to hull.bmp and your all set.

My CVA and an updated Hydran BB will be appearing at SFU files soon(crosses fingers).

SFU