Topic: Looks like I wont be coming back after all...  (Read 3208 times)

Dagger

Looks like I wont be coming back after all...
« on: February 04, 2003, 08:09:02 pm »
For some reason...the game lost its appeal to me the first time I left. Now my computers OS is corrupted and needs a format. I'm over a releatives house at the moment and am just coming back here to confirm what you've probably realized yourself, I'll still be on these forums since a few of you are friends...but I probably wont be playing SFC2 anytime soon.

Maxillius

Re: Looks like I wont be coming back after all...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 12:05:26 am »
  My old comp's been refreshed like 6 times in it's 3 year life, half of which were the complete wipe-the-hard-drive variety.  Sure it's a pain in the ass to install everything then patch everything, but say you're not going to let that throw you off what IMHO is the best game in the world?!?  

Scipio_66

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 12:31:24 am »
FDISK is your friend.  Forget erasing things.  Nothing cleans up a worrisome computer like good-old FDISK followed by a reformat.  Of course, you'll want to back up any important information first.

-S'Cipio the disk "fixer"  

Sfaret

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 06:09:42 am »
Now if you need a real cleaning let me know. I have some disk sanitation software that is able to clean to a level that not even the CIA can retrieve old data from :-)

Edward

Sten

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2003, 01:42:57 pm »
Yes FDISK is your friend. Take the time to reinstall bite the bullet and just do it. The longer you put it off the less motivated you will be to do it.

I am finaly reinstaling my OS got 2 good years out of Win2K before I needed to finally reinstall it.

Beats the 4-6 months I used to get out of Win98SE.

Sten  

KOTH-Steel Claw

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2003, 02:23:14 pm »
Sten, I agree. FDISK and then format. I just moved over to Win 2k from 98SE. Man, I am glad I finally got around to it. I did an fdisk and reformatted in NTFS instead of FAT32. While I could have just comeback and converted to NTFS, I figured what the hey and did it from the start.

The is also some good software for wiping your drive clean and no one can read it (such as WipeDrive at $40), but nothing on my PC needs that. I can just repartition and format. If I am feeling extremely paranoid, I guess I could write zero's to my drive a few times.

Edit:

Dagger, don't give up now. We will be embarking on a new campaign here soon and we could use everyone there to make it a:

1. fun campaign with lots of folks back in the saddle.
2. campaign with some good honorable and friendly folks.
3. campaign with little or no cheating involved.
4. the best campaign ever.
5. a one sided slam fest with everyone against J'inn.
6. 1 through 4.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 02:26:52 pm by KOTH-Steel Claw »

Karnak

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2003, 03:02:57 pm »
Awwwh, c'mon Dagger. You were the first ISC RM I ever had, so you can't leave.

I've got a new GFL D2 campaign almost ready to go that is very ISC-centric and it would be great to have a great ISC general like yourself involved.  

You surely can't say no to one of these:

PS. I usually wipe my HDD clean about once a year to clean out the riff-raff clusters. I just use FDISK to remove and re-format the partitions, and then re-install the OS.  If you properly back up your files you never have to worry.  PartitionMagic is a great tool to have also.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Karnak »

Goose

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2003, 03:10:33 pm »
If you don't come back Dagger,

I won't be able to throw myself upon your shields again!