Topic: So, SFC3 was going to attract MORE people? SFC needed to "Grow"? HA! *DELETED*  (Read 3613 times)

**DONOTDELETE**

Post deleted by AJTK

Bonk

Re: So, SFC3 was going to attract MORE people? SFC needed to "Grow"? HA!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 10:41:50 am »
I have an OP server running and as I type this there are 4 people on it. There is a well populated test server for the upcoming SS2 server on OP and ToastyO's stock server as well.

I am running the only EAW server last I checked with a population of 56 but only a few players for the last while. You will likely see the Fed&Emp server and the GDA IRC/SQL enhanced shipyard server up at certain times as well on EAW.

I will be moving shortly and my servers will be down till I get reconnected though, hopefully that won't be long.

Both OP and EAW(SQL) are alive and well. I'm sure the D3 will have it's highs and lows as well.

The mods for OP are starting to develop nicely and the serverside has evolved as well, just too bad we don't have SQL for the OP D2.

We are getting some new blood on the D2 from SFC3 though, it trickles in and I think it will continue.  

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 10:53:06 am »
A running OP server? How do you access it? I logged onto the OP D2 (via gamespy/OP) and it showed no servers up. Do I need to dload a patch or something? I have all the Taldren patches.

That is great news, I cant wait to be able to play OP multi again, now that they have patched it.

Thanks for the response.

HAND!

Bonk

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2003, 11:22:53 am »
Yes, you will need to patch to 2.5.4.12 and install OP+ 3.0 and NW's standard OP Mission pack to login to the OP arena. Different files are required for SS2, and none for ToastyO's stock server.
I'll get the links later if you cant find them, gotta run...  

Cleaven

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 11:38:43 am »
Listens carefully for the sound of a saliva coated sandshoe dropping to the floor......  

The_Pelican

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 12:18:00 pm »
Normally, there are two D3 Beta Patch servers which are running with pretty good player numbers. Both are modded of course, Dominion Wars, which usually has about 20 players on, and TNZ, which usually has 30-40 players on it. The simple fact is that the current TNZ campaign ends today, and has been "over" for a few days now, it's just winding down. As for my own Dominion Wars server, I'm working out some new settings, and all I have running is a test server.

You just happened to come on during a bad time, it's usually pretty active.

Pardek

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 01:17:11 pm »
Pelican, without the MOD servers SFC3 would have been dead for the most part...BTW nice job on the Dominin Wars MOD.
i would ask anyone before they toss SCF3 in the trash to give the MOD servers a try..TNZ(Korah's) also is a nice MOD.

David Ferrell

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2003, 02:30:50 pm »
AJTK either stop being a worthless Troll or leave.

It's that simple.

Thanks,

Dave

**DONOTDELETE**

Post deleted by AJTK

Bonk

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2003, 10:41:50 am »
I have an OP server running and as I type this there are 4 people on it. There is a well populated test server for the upcoming SS2 server on OP and ToastyO's stock server as well.

I am running the only EAW server last I checked with a population of 56 but only a few players for the last while. You will likely see the Fed&Emp server and the GDA IRC/SQL enhanced shipyard server up at certain times as well on EAW.

I will be moving shortly and my servers will be down till I get reconnected though, hopefully that won't be long.

Both OP and EAW(SQL) are alive and well. I'm sure the D3 will have it's highs and lows as well.

The mods for OP are starting to develop nicely and the serverside has evolved as well, just too bad we don't have SQL for the OP D2.

We are getting some new blood on the D2 from SFC3 though, it trickles in and I think it will continue.  

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2003, 10:53:06 am »
A running OP server? How do you access it? I logged onto the OP D2 (via gamespy/OP) and it showed no servers up. Do I need to dload a patch or something? I have all the Taldren patches.

That is great news, I cant wait to be able to play OP multi again, now that they have patched it.

Thanks for the response.

HAND!

Bonk

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2003, 11:22:53 am »
Yes, you will need to patch to 2.5.4.12 and install OP+ 3.0 and NW's standard OP Mission pack to login to the OP arena. Different files are required for SS2, and none for ToastyO's stock server.
I'll get the links later if you cant find them, gotta run...  

Cleaven

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2003, 11:38:43 am »
Listens carefully for the sound of a saliva coated sandshoe dropping to the floor......  

The_Pelican

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2003, 12:18:00 pm »
Normally, there are two D3 Beta Patch servers which are running with pretty good player numbers. Both are modded of course, Dominion Wars, which usually has about 20 players on, and TNZ, which usually has 30-40 players on it. The simple fact is that the current TNZ campaign ends today, and has been "over" for a few days now, it's just winding down. As for my own Dominion Wars server, I'm working out some new settings, and all I have running is a test server.

You just happened to come on during a bad time, it's usually pretty active.

Pardek

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2003, 01:17:11 pm »
Pelican, without the MOD servers SFC3 would have been dead for the most part...BTW nice job on the Dominin Wars MOD.
i would ask anyone before they toss SCF3 in the trash to give the MOD servers a try..TNZ(Korah's) also is a nice MOD.

David Ferrell

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2003, 02:30:50 pm »
AJTK either stop being a worthless Troll or leave.

It's that simple.

Thanks,

Dave