Topic: Generic info on _PERMISSIONS_  (Read 9336 times)

Mackie

Generic info on _PERMISSIONS_
« on: August 24, 2003, 09:36:36 pm »
just thought this would be important let you guys know....

here arethose who dont mind if you kitbash their products, just remember to credit, ok?
-P81
-Knox1711
-Lord Schtupp
-TheStresspuppy
-Moonraker
-Smiley
-Azel/Atolm
-Sandman3d (unless otherwise noted, in for example, readme file)
-Captain Korah
-Khaliban
-Interstrellar Machine (InterMech)
-grave
-Scorpion
-Kreeargh
-111wallace111 (Jeff Wallace)

those who require personally asking for request
-Skinman
-LB
-Atrahasis
-Admiral
-WickedZombie 45

This person is too confusing so youll need to talk to him
-Atheorhaven  

No kitbashing.
-(no one yet)

Unkown status.
-Joker

ill add more to the list as i get the replies / remember more of the guys
(correct me if im wrong on about something)

Could this thread possibly be stickified?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2003, 04:33:13 pm by NannerSlug »

Azel

Re: Generic info on _PERMISSIONS_
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 10:27:47 pm »
Hey I don't mind if you kitbash my stuff
I just want to know  

Mackie

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2003, 10:35:10 pm »
added

sandman69247

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 10:49:51 pm »
Do what you want  with 'em unless otherwise noted in the readme, which is included in every model. I mean, these are made for fun...i have a job, lol.

Mackie

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 11:04:54 pm »
updated  

Captain KoraH

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2003, 12:16:58 am »
Hack N' Slash my models all ya want.  

InterMech

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2003, 04:35:19 am »
You can add Interstellar Machine to the first list! I would love to see improvements on my ships.  

Marauth

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2003, 08:10:01 am »
Cool, now I don't have to hunt down Knox

Not that I've really done anything big but my stuff is a free for all, I just wanna know if ever anyone wanted to use my stuff for something

Mackie

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2003, 09:58:28 am »
updated again ;]

Rhaz

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2003, 09:09:29 pm »
For those folks that require permission, could a list of valid e-mail addresses be added next to thier name?

Mackie

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2003, 11:38:32 pm »
ill try to see about the emails but some of them dont want it public  
and oh, thanks to whoever it was who stickied this
« Last Edit: August 25, 2003, 11:39:00 pm by Mackie »

WickedZombie45

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2003, 01:48:38 am »
Add me to the 'asking' list....  

Mackie

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2003, 02:10:15 am »
as requested sire  

grave

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2003, 02:26:32 am »
well alas i only have one ship done and its a SFC3 oberth but i dont care if anyone bashes it, or uses it at all. just let me know and ill send it off to you( dont have a place to host it)

Scorpion

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2003, 05:55:47 pm »
I only have two ships right now, an original romulan design called the D'Vera and the Borg renegade ship.  I doubt anyone would kitbash them right now due to their lack of detail.  But if anyone wanted to, I wouldn't mind as long as you mentioned my work in the credits.

Captain KoraH

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2003, 12:03:50 pm »

Quote:

For those folks that require permission, could a list of valid e-mail addresses be added next to thier name?  

Uh... how are we supposed to contact them to ask for permissions if they don't want to give anyone their email address???

Quote:

and oh, thanks to whoever it was who stickied this

Nanner did it at my request, thanks Nanner!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Captain KoraH »

starforce2

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2003, 04:00:02 pm »
if yur gunna do e-mails, why not go all the way and have their sites listed too?

Azel

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2003, 04:15:41 pm »
Bah...I am always here  

atheorhaven

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2003, 05:03:13 am »
I'm going to add my two cents and state my policy (as of August 2003):

a) You're welcome to kitbash my original stuff all you want as long as you follow 1) and it's in any SFC (1, 2, or 3.)  
    Otherwise, follow step 2.

b) If I work on or alter someone else's textures, you're welcome to use those textures as long as you follow 1), they're used  in SFC, and most importantly, you contact the original texture author whose work I added to and get their permission for  release.    Otherwise, follow step 2.

c) If I work on or alter someone else's models, you're welcome to kitbash that model as long as you follow 1), they're used    
    in SFC, and most importantly, you contact the original model author whose work I added to and get their permission for  
    release.    Otherwise, follow step 2.

d) Any screenshots I do up from ingame shots or renders feel free to use *AS LONG AS YOU LET ME KNOW YOU'RE USING THEM AND WHERE!*  More times than not, I'll say "go for it".

Now the steps for permission are thus:

1) I like to know that my stuff is used.  I really hate feeling that my work falls into the great Modelling Hole once I complete
    something.  So a long time ago, I started asking a small thing.  If you download and use something of my work in a game,
    then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE(!) send me a screenie of it in your game!  If you want to kitbash something of my work that you've downloaded, or else use my original or modified textures, then please let me see your final result ingame!  To date, over almost 1 and 3/4 years of doing this and working on almost 160 ships plus now, I think maybe two people have sent  me screenshots to date.    Hitting F12 in your game does a screenshot.  Change it to a JPG and then please let me know that you have something for me.    I like screenies in SFC, it's like Christmas.  

2) If you wish to use my original models and textures, or use the models or textures I modified to put in a game other than
    SFC, then I definitely want you to contact me before you port it and ask permission.  And I'd also like to see a picture of
    the final result in that game as well before it's publically released to that gaming public.  The reason for this is, unfortunately very simple.  Some of the stuff I worked on was ported over to another game platform.  Normally I did not mind too much, although advance notice was nice.  However, one of the ships ported over was the ship I renamed after my wife's maiden name.  And it was downloaded and played in that platform for almost two months before I was told about it.  I found out by accident.  Needless to say, I was pretty upset not to know about this work being done with the wife's ship, and more so because I wasn't told for almost two months (and then by way of a general post to everyone here).  So now, I have this new policy to try to prevent this from happening in the future.  If you can't also contact an original texture author and you know who it is, ask me if I'll try to contact them.  I may have some contact info.

So, to sum up.

-> Great, fabulous:
a) Kitbashing and using original models and textures of mine in SFC: go for it! (Just send me a screenie so I know).

-> Good, superb:
b) Kitbashing and using my modifications to others models and textures in SFC: Contact the original author first.  If they say
    "good to go", then it's good to go, just send me a screenie of your final result so I can enjoy it too!  If they don't want it out there, then sorry.. but them's the breaks.

-> Umm, whazzup?:
c) Kitbashing and using my original or modified models and textures that I worked on in anything other than SFC: Contact me! (Ask so I know, and please wait for a yes or a no!  If yes, then go ahead, do the port and then send me a screenie from that game, I'd love to see it over there as well).

Think that sums it up.. it's mostly about communication and making sure that noone's feet get stomped on really..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by atheorhaven »

111wallace111

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2003, 02:23:37 pm »
also as i have stated before you may use anything by me    (jeff wallace)  as long as you give credit....

By the way hello. I haven't been here for a while due to an overload of work but i should drop by every now and then.

all my past designs have been on fleetdock 13