Topic: Broken Links and downed or missing sites  (Read 1661 times)

Daekyn

Broken Links and downed or missing sites
« on: February 06, 2003, 04:11:51 am »
Is it just me, or are there a LOT, and I mean a LOT of missing pages, broken links, and missing files when it comes to finding mods. I search through pages after page and I  repeatedly get the "File not found" message (especially from FilePlanet) or HTTP Error 404 or simple page cannot be displyed, found, or no longer there. And usually, of course, it is when I find an exceptionally interesting ship, although usually I am just going by name since most of the time the pics don't load, which is fine. I have spent many hours downloading from sites that didn't have pics, just file names, although even those sites are "missing" these days. I give my hats off to Cleeve (I think it is Cleeve) at StarYards, his site is likely the most consistent for being up and for having files available.  

James Formo

Re: Broken Links and downed or missing sites
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 05:09:31 am »
Cleeve got his up again about a week ago. Many of the servers that modders put there stuff on go out of business or something happens and thay give no notifiction to their clients.  Alot of sites were sharing 1 or 2 servers.

Any way people had to look to find new providers and then they have to reupload and configure.  

I like the layout of Staryards. Be patient I read in posts 3 or more servers or sites will be coming online in a week or so.

Thanks to all who provide us with sites with ships.  

Lord Vader

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 07:42:37 am »
Try www.sfc3files.com and sorry but the nightsoftware servers are down too. lol everyones site is practicly down right now.  

3dot14

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2003, 05:41:15 pm »
Where on fileplanet?