Topic: My last day at Taldren  (Read 17072 times)

Sethan

Re: My last day at Taldren
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2003, 04:31:46 pm »
David - you'll definitely be missed.

Fortunately, the Internet is big enough to reach even to Missouri.  Drop us a line here (or better still, stay involved in the community) when you get settled in.

S

NuclearWessels

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2003, 04:46:52 pm »
Best wishes for you and the family Dave,

and many many many thanks for all the hard work you've put in here - it really has been appreciated (even if it hasn't always looked that way )

dave

CptCastrin

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2003, 05:19:46 pm »
I'm kind of in shock ...

Dave, I'm truely sorry to see you go. You have been as fervent an advocate of SFC as anyone ... nay more than anyone here. (including yours truely) The work you did to bring OP back to life and most of it on your own dime is a testament to your dedication and respove to leave nothing behind.

Through good and bad you prevailed. You lost your temper only when pushed to the absolute breaking point and yet even then maintained the respect of most still here. Your's will be a voice of Taldren that I will miss. Heck you ARE the voice of Taldren more than any in the company. This is a sad day of loss for them as well IMHO.

My hopes are that once your settled into your new home that you come here and give us a "hello world" so we know your safe and sound. I also hope that you and your family flurish and you find new things to challange yourself with. And finally I hope that you get a change to play this game that you had such a huge hand in keeping alive.

Good luck and cool breezes my friend.

TheSatyr

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2003, 05:23:21 pm »
Dave,it's been a pleasure to have known you.

I wish you the best,you will be sorely missed here.

JayBee

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2003, 05:35:38 pm »
Do what is best for you and yours Dave, and thanks for all the time you put into scf.

SFC Bennie

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2003, 05:36:57 pm »
David, you were always courteous and professional in your dealings with me. Good luck to you and your family.

Scott Bennie  

Chris Jones

You will be missed.
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2003, 05:42:53 pm »
Dave -

I can relate. We all need to do things that agree with us. I thank you for the lifetime achievement award last April, and I thank you for your participation in the great PC game series called Starfleet Command. It has had a very positive impact on my life as well - leading me in lots of different directions.

Family first - That was the reason for my hiatus from here all summer..

Best of Luck!

Chris Jones
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Chris Jones »

Bossman

Re: You will be missed.
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2003, 05:57:16 pm »
Last day at Taldren, Dave?  HAH!  Don't be joking us.     You'll always a part of the Taldren team, no matter where you are or where you live, bud.  

Take care of the family and drop by once in a while to let us know how you're doing!  Here's wishing you and your family a good time when you guys have settled down.    

Reptor7

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2003, 06:01:53 pm »
Thanks for everything you've done, David. You've been the anchor in these forums, and your help and candor will be missed.  

Once you settle down, drop a line sometime.

Cya.  

Tremok

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2003, 06:12:34 pm »
 Unfortunate news (for us). I doubt Taldren and these boards will ever be the same without your presence.

Godspeed.    

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Tremok »

TheShadow

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2003, 06:37:21 pm »
 Geez, Im awful sorry to hear this man. Good luck with the move. I know what a headache it is to pack up and move.

Let us know when you get there and how things are going with you and your's. God be with you.

TarMinyatur

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2003, 06:42:21 pm »
I hope things go well for you and your family. I can't thank you enough for all the effort you've put into this game and this forum. Any software with the Taldren name is an automatic purchase because of you.  

RazalYllib

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2003, 06:48:51 pm »
Total Shock!!

The world must be getting close to the end.....David is leaving Taldren. Total bummer

One good bright light in all of this, i am going to be a little selfish here, MO is just across the river, I'll have to track him down and give him the 6 pack  cold beverages that he so rightfully deserves for all the incredibley hard work he has done for US!

David will be missed.

Aldaron

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2003, 07:01:50 pm »
Hey Dave it's sad news.

Dont be a stranger and stay in touch, can always drop a post now and again

Rod O'neal

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2003, 07:06:39 pm »
Good luck Dave. Your humanity will be missed around here. Whoever takes over from you here has some big shoes to fill  

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2003, 07:13:12 pm »
Best wishes Dave, may your future be as successful as your endeavours have proved to date so far. Know you leave behind a legacy of not just a piece of software, but an entire community that has grown to revolve around it; a community you will always be part of. Thanks for all the hard work, and do stay in touch.

NCC2012

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2003, 08:27:12 pm »
Thanks for all the effort you put into the games and this board. You will be missed by all. Good luck on your future endeavors.  

Mentat Jon

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2003, 08:28:27 pm »
go easy Bro  

Dash Jones

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2003, 08:58:56 pm »
Sorry to see you leave Taldren, trust you'll be back for their games though!

Always liked your sig.

Towelie

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2003, 09:20:48 pm »
  Really sorry to hear that. You've always been the most often heard voice from Taldren. I hope things improve for your family. Please, drop a post in every now and then and let us know how it's going.  

sincerely,
                                                                        Daniel G. Miller  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Towelie »