Topic: OT Starforce's opinion on modelers  (Read 7172 times)

I_Mudd

Re: OT Starforce's opinion on modelers
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2003, 08:25:38 am »
Y'know, I'm flattered.

Atrahasis is a great modeller and I've always admired his posts, but Don, seriously, click on my name.

I used to be here as Adrix ( I did a little Mirror Universe site about a year and a half to two years ago. ). I changed my name here because, quite frankly, I forgot my password and I changed my ISP. If you look real close you'll find that I activated this account sometime in June.

I normally just lurk around, but after about 2 years of reading your quirky posts, I had to know first hand just how much of a predictable "yap first - make sense later...maybe" guy you are. The whole process has been reveilling, as well as entertaining. My thanks for your participation.  

The former lurker formerly known as Adrix.

I_Mudd.

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2003, 08:31:43 am »
I_Mudd,

Here is an interesting observation,

As I_Mudd was doing his thing,
in tandem ole' Atrahasis was doing his thing,
that would be opening and posting threads,
in unison,

Admittedly ... a coincidental observation,
but "God Bless the whos-on-line tracker,"

Anyways,
I don't believe one word of what you've said, I_Mudd,
'cause, this doesn't really matter who you are,

Anyways,
back to 3d modding eh,

Agent Sloan

Quote:

Y'know, I'm flattered.

Atrahasis is a great modeller and I've always admired his posts, but Don, seriously, click on my name.

I used to be here as Adrix ( I did a little Mirror Universe site about a year and a half to two years ago. ). I changed my name here because, quite frankly, I forgot my password and I changed my ISP. If you look real close you'll find that I activated this account sometime in June.

I normally just lurk around, but after about 2 years of reading your quirky posts, I had to know first hand just how much of a predictable "yap first - make sense later...maybe" guy you are. The whole process has been reveilling, as well as entertaining. My thanks for your participation.  

The former lurker formerly known as Adrix.

I_Mudd.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by GeneralWolfe »

Smiley

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2003, 08:35:33 am »
At the risk of being accused of being a troll....I have to agree with I_Mudd - Don Dawson is very predictable and while I don't want to insult you Don - you really should use a bit of variety in your posts! I mean, we all know what you are going to say about something before we have even read it!

And before you say that is how you think - we all think certain things - it doesn't mean you have to write it down! And if "top-drawer" is all you think, you must have a very boring mind.  

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2003, 08:49:06 am »
Smiley,

(i) No. You are not a troll.  Mackie would not make you a Mod at the Mackie Stuff, if you were,
(ii).  You do not like my attitude ... I do not like yours, this would a "stand-off",
(iii).  I like the expression "TOP-DRAWER", and I shall keept using it,

Quote:

At the risk of being accused of being a troll....I have to agree with I_Mudd - Don Dawson is very predictable and while I don't want to insult you Don - you really should use a bit of variety in your posts! I mean, we all know what you are going to say about something before we have even read it!

And before you say that is how you think - we all think certain things - it doesn't mean you have to write it down! And if "top-drawer" is all you think, you must have a very boring mind.  

Agent Sloan

Smiley

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2003, 08:50:57 am »
Why do you not like my attitude, Don?

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2003, 09:04:15 am »
Smiley,

In my opinion,
you are an arrogant hypocritic,
you say that you do not mean to insult, and then you do,

You remind of some of my Moms' relatives from the UK,
I'm well aware of the UK sarcastic "cutting style",
and frankly I don't care for it,

Probably just as much as you feel that "my mind is boring to you,"
BTW,
why Mackie picked you for a Mod at The Mackie Stuff,
is frankly beyond me,
but hey, that is Mackies' Dominion,

Quote:

Why do you not like my attitude, Don?  

Agent Sloan

Azel

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2003, 09:09:28 am »
Gentlemen(And I am usinging this term somewhat losely...lol)

I consider all of you my colleagues and Friends(hell I admirer alot of you guys alot)
But there is No need for this... Please
This all started with my ships being converted to BC(who Cares??? If you like my stuff then great...if you don't then equally great).
Please end this thread and the otherone that Has my Hellions involved.
Please
I would think that there are better and greater projects to be done and shared with this Great community.
Anyone who knows me knows that I love everyones work and support it...I especially love Kitbashes(Hell been trying to get the kitbashers off their tails to kitbash some of my stuff )they bring in a fresh perspective on a design's configuation that some one had never thought of before.

Now I am a realist...and thus donot expect (in my right state of mind that is )everyone to get along as brothers..but we can be at least civil towards each other

So lets close this mockery of a thread and lets get down to some new and fresh ideas.

Thanks guys  

Smiley

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2003, 09:33:57 am »
Quote:

Smiley,

In my opinion,

BTW,
is frankly beyond me,

Agent Sloan  

Your interpretation of my post as hypocritical may well be justified, but I was just trying to ensure that it was clear to all that I wasn't saying it for the sake of insulting you, however I'd love to see your reasons for naming me arrogant!
Perhaps if you would dismount from your lofty position of name calling and all-round opinionating, you would realise that such presumptuous and assuming behaviour that you continually display is characteristic of one who is indeed arrogant himself!
You do not know me and yet you dare to pass judgement on me?
Not only do you insult me, but you justify your assertion by insulting the rest of my country as well! You have a flair for audacity Mr. Dawson, we can certainly say that for you!
If anything, my comment was a suggestion, that if taken into consideration, would lessen the cringe that I am sure many of the frequenters of this forum feel every time we endure one of your repetative posts. Even our youngest members can tailor their compliments and comments with more variety and tact than you show.
And if you actually read what I posted, you would see that I didn't say that your mind was boring, I said that if the only phrase that you have in it is "top-drawer" then it must be boring.

Can anyone here imagine a world where Don was a moderator? :shudder:

Leave your cliquey comments and racist judgementality at home Don, and purchase a thesaurus if you don't already have one. Maybe you could try using it once in a while?

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2003, 09:54:43 am »
Smiley,

I do not say these things lightly to you,
I say what I mean, and I mean what I say,

I have read your posts,
and I simply find you an arrogant hypocritic,

But that is just my opinion,
and what should it matter to you?

BTW
Quote:

<snip>
Leave your cliquey comments and racist judgementality at home Don,

Cliquey?
Racist?
Judgemental?

Well,
that is one outta a three,

I'm Judgemental, well that is quite evident indeed,
Smiley,
Bravo ... how "estute of you",

On the contary,
I hold the UK ( the Mother Country in very high regard),
its is just you, Smiley, that I have a very "low-opinion" of,
Please try to be accurate, will you,

I mean "sloppiness" is so untidy,
is it not?

Quote:

Quote:

Smiley,

In my opinion,

BTW,
is frankly beyond me,

Agent Sloan  

Your interpretation of my post as hypocritical may well be justified, but I was just trying to ensure that it was clear to all that I wasn't saying it for the sake of insulting you, however I'd love to see your reasons for naming me arrogant!
Perhaps if you would dismount from your lofty position of name calling and all-round opinionating, you would realise that such presumptuous and assuming behaviour that you continually display is characteristic of one who is indeed arrogant himself!
You do not know me and yet you dare to pass judgement on me?
Not only do you insult me, but you justify your assertion by insulting the rest of my country as well! You have a flair for audacity Mr. Dawson, we can certainly say that for you!
If anything, my comment was a suggestion, that if taken into consideration, would lessen the cringe that I am sure many of the frequenters of this forum feel every time we endure one of your repetative posts. Even our youngest members can tailor their compliments and comments with more variety and tact than you show.
And if you actually read what I posted, you would see that I didn't say that your mind was boring, I said that if the only phrase that you have in it is "top-drawer" then it must be boring.

Can anyone here imagine a world where Don was a moderator? :shudder:

Leave your cliquey comments and racist judgementality at home Don, and purchase a thesaurus if you don't already have one. Maybe you could try using it once in a while?

Agent Sloan

Captain KoraH

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2003, 10:19:46 am »
I have only one thing to say:

I have very very rarely seen ANY requests for anything. I dunno what Starforce2 is talking about, because as far as I knew all the nice SFC fans are happy to get anything new and have never placed demands on the modeling community to produce certain ships over others.  

I_Mudd

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2003, 10:29:30 am »
I'll be darned.

Don hit it square on the nose, but probably doesn't realize it.

"But that is just my opinion,
and what should it matter to you?"

This tiresome thread ( which I may be party to it's "tiresomness", I'll admit. ) was initially created over someones OPINION.
Why does any of this thread matter?

I_Mudd.

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2003, 10:31:12 am »
Hello Captain KoraH,

I completely concur.

Quote:

I have very very rarely seen ANY requests for anything. I dunno what Starforce2 is talking about, because as far as I knew all the nice SFC fans are happy to get anything new and have never placed demands on the modeling community to produce certain ships over others.  

Take care,
Agent Sloan

DookeyKing

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2003, 10:53:41 am »
First of all, I've been around these forums since before EAW came out(my post count is meaningless).  With that said,  In the years that I've been around here I've seen Mr. Dawson personally attack damn near every modeller in the joint at one time or another (Atrahasis and P81 jump immediately to mind).  I would guess the reason behind these attacks to be jealousy.  Those who receive acclaim from (apparently) any of the ST modding communities are open game for him.  I mean for petes sake:  what kind of person would call Smiley arrogant.  I've never seen him as anything other than a friendly helpful asset to this community.  So, MR. Dawson, if by arrogant you mean Skillful or Successful, then Yes Smiley is one arrogant SOB. Otherwise you are showing your true dimentia.  Do this community a favor and wander off.

Thank You.
Scott  

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2003, 11:17:32 am »
DookeyKing,

Your account is "inaccuate",

Quote:

First of all, I've been around these forums since before EAW came out(my post count is meaningless).  With that said,  In the years that I've been around here I've seen Mr. Dawson personally attack damn near every modeller in the joint at one time or another (Atrahasis and P81 jump immediately to mind).  I would guess the reason behind these attacks to be jealousy.  Those who receive acclaim from (apparently) any of the ST modding communities are open game for him.  I mean for petes sake:  what kind of person would call Smiley arrogant.  I've never seen him as anything other than a friendly helpful asset to this community.  So, MR. Dawson, if by arrogant you mean Skillful or Successful, then Yes Smiley is one arrogant SOB. Otherwise you are showing your true dimentia.  Do this community a favor and wander off.

Thank You.
Scott  

To re-cap,

My "attacks" we always centred on Atrahasis,

Why?

It goes back to the First "Great Flame-War",
that was over Model Permissions,

the standard accept procedure of,
citing all the credits of all the original modders, and obtaining there permission prior to public release,
ahs long been estiablished, adhered to by all, and frankly has served the SFC community well sinse then,

But you being around then,
and avidly reading the Models Forum would be well aware of these facts,

Lets call a spade-a-spade,

as  newbie, a couple Yarheens back,
I foolishly walked into a "blood-feud" whose events were,

The Great 3d Model Embargo, where,
Pneumonic81,
Atrahasis,
Anduril,
-LB-,

pulled down all there 3d models,

and
Captain Starkillers' BlackOps Station got nuked,

Those were the events,
If you do not recall then,
go to the achieves, and re-read 'em,

Now,
as to the people mentioned above,

Pneumonic81 and I get along fine now,
Anduril, I believe has long forgiven me,

I still tkae to ole' Captain Starkiller, now and then,
and frankly I miss the guy,

Now,
Atrahasis,
I stil can not stand him,
but a truce "of sorts" exists between us,

-LB-, well Greg Strong sent me a rather "pleasant" personal e-mail,
that I've kept, just in case for legal purposes, if needs be,

Oh yes,
I left out James Formo,
I consider James a friend,
And I do not like seeing Atrahasis attack him,

James and I unfortunately got off to a bad start,
as some [censored] head named Dim Dawson was cyber-stalking me,
at the time,

and Dim Dawson and I, unfortunately "had it out" in James thread,
debuting his marvelous USS Bradbury,

I've long since apologise to James for that,
and I'd like to think of him as a friend,

Anyways,

DookeyKing,
If you know anything at all,
you should know that everything that I've typed here is a truthful, honest, and accurate,
recounting of the events,

Agent Sloan

James Formo

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2003, 11:28:36 am »
In a way I am sorry I started this thread, but I believe sometimes just laying it all out so to speak can help clear the air. I am impressed with how Starforce2 has kept his cool. Kinda wondered what he was about for a bit, but he seems on the up and up.

Do'nt feel like we need to rehash the enitre history of the forum over the last couple of years though.  

btw chack out my new avatar.  hehe  I think I get back to modding now   Wow this thread has a life of its own  

NannerSlug

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2003, 11:56:40 am »
guys.. please keep things civil. discuss issues, not people. i know personally that each of you are good guys.. please look at each other in a positive light to what they bring to the community - not what they negatives they do.

we have enough negativism going through the world right now - the last place should be here and now where we enjoy spending our free time.

thanks.

Reverend

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2003, 12:57:29 pm »
exactly what my Azel and Nannerslug have said... this is the only forum I ever visit, as I get tired of poeple in general from, working in the church... lot of fibbers there.
I have always enjoyed everyone's great works and interesting opinions... I have been trying so hard to get attention and make friends here, and then I feel another collapse like in this area's history is coming; maybe you guys just need to re-understand there are personal spaces that differ in width amongst us.... I require very little, while Smiley needs a lot more personal space form my own experience... some people are just touchier than others. It's not a character flaw, really, its just how people are.
Next time someone gets fussy or irritable, find out what triggered it, and either amend for it, or go around it and keep going in a slightly different direction.

starforce2

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2003, 05:14:23 pm »
Quote:

I think that is because it is comming to be like bridge comamnder. Our ship request threads where hguly popular at the begining. Now, after a few of them have been repalced due to spammers or being excessivley long, they're dieng out. People think it's a waste of time to request things when nobody will pay attention. This forum is far older than bridge comamnder. The requests died long ago cuz nobody bothers to do them anyways. Nobody wastes their time any more., or, rather, hardly anyone. Hell, it took me a year of pestering various people to get a decent ronin class made. I lucked out on the chimera, the origial author made an armada version at 2000 poly, and it's huge popularity resulted (I assume) in smiley making a low version of chimera 2.0. Although I have given up for a while, I am still trying to get someone for atolms uss premontion drawing, cuz lets face it, the armada prem just plain sucks. I had the same problem trying to convince someone to do the husnock and tamarain ship from darmok. Now why should it take anyone (me or otherwise) a YEAR of bugging people to get a single ship, especialy one that's canon or has alot of references? That shouldn't happen in a place with this many active modelers. I can see why there's few requests. People get tired of going blue in the face making them. That's just my feelings on the matter.

Now I'm not saying I'm personaly not happy with the stuff I already see here. You have mackies tmp bashes, GAFY?"s funny retextures of FedEx and stuff, darkdrone has pre-tos feds that rule, Wicked Zombie is pretty much the king of Klingons, Atra's recent comeback has my jaw on the floor, and that's just the begining.

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2003, 05:58:37 pm »
starforce2,

This place is nothing like the Bridge Commander Forum,
this community is of much higher-caliber,

At any rate,

atheorhaven has given you examples of his personal contributions,
If you have interest in 3d mods,
then I sincerely suggest that you consider trying your own hand af SFC,
not BC,
but SFC modding,

Agent Sloan
Quote:

<snip>
   I think that is because it is comming to be like bridge comamnder. Our ship request threads where hguly popular at the begining. Now, after a few of them have been repalced due to spammers or being excessivley long, they're dieng out. People think it's a waste of time to request things when nobody will pay attention. This forum is far older than bridge comamnder. The requests died long ago cuz nobody bothers to do them anyways. Nobody wastes their time any more., or, rather, hardly anyone. Hell, it took me a year of pestering various people to get a decent ronin class made.

Quote:

Quote:

I think that is because it is comming to be like bridge comamnder. Our ship request threads where hguly popular at the begining. Now, after a few of them have been repalced due to spammers or being excessivley long, they're dieng out. People think it's a waste of time to request things when nobody will pay attention. This forum is far older than bridge comamnder. The requests died long ago cuz nobody bothers to do them anyways. Nobody wastes their time any more., or, rather, hardly anyone. Hell, it took me a year of pestering various people to get a decent ronin class made. I lucked out on the chimera, the origial author made an armada version at 2000 poly, and it's huge popularity resulted (I assume) in smiley making a low version of chimera 2.0. Although I have given up for a while, I am still trying to get someone for atolms uss premontion drawing, cuz lets face it, the armada prem just plain sucks. I had the same problem trying to convince someone to do the husnock and tamarain ship from darmok. Now why should it take anyone (me or otherwise) a YEAR of bugging people to get a single ship, especialy one that's canon or has alot of references? That shouldn't happen in a place with this many active modelers. I can see why there's few requests. People get tired of going blue in the face making them. That's just my feelings on the matter.

Now I'm not saying I'm personaly not happy with the stuff I already see here. You have mackies tmp bashes, GAFY?"s funny retextures of FedEx and stuff, darkdrone has pre-tos feds that rule, Wicked Zombie is pretty much the king of Klingons, Atra's recent comeback has my jaw on the floor, and that's just the begining.  

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by GeneralWolfe »

Chris Jones

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2003, 06:27:15 pm »
DON -

ENOUGH ALREADY.

I frequent the BC Forums, and I find it quite peaceful. I also am finding new found respect, largely due to to Starforce, for SFC conversions to BC.  I see mentions of SFC in the comments of various downloads on BC Files. Now more than ever the two games, BC and SFC3, have mutual respect for each other.

I would ask that you calm down and let this thread die.

Starforce's opinions on model requests has some merit. If i was a modeler I would take requests into consideration, but I would concentrate on what I liked to do as well. It's a mixed bag. Atra is the TOS king, where P81 is the TMP and TNG King, and his first love, IIRC, is FASA. Modelers will make what they like, generally.  

On another note, Since I play BC a lot now and am still doing systems for it, I can tell you that Starforce does a top notch job on the hardpoints on any ship he works on. The VVorath collection, as an example.

I liked your Klink Kitbashes, by the way. I'd like to see them in BC.

Your friend,

Chris  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Chris Jones »