Topic: Cloak: How Does Damaging Sensors Affect It?  (Read 8027 times)

Tulmahk

Re: Cloak: How Does Damaging Sensors Affect It?
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2003, 08:38:13 pm »
Quote:

I was detected at ranges between 130 and  150,  with a lvl 5 cloak and legendary crew,  3 times by the same borg,  while at speed 15 .    

Were their sensors green, yellow, red or black at the time, if you recall?  

llama_6t9

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2003, 10:26:47 pm »
yeah, I did some testing on the sensors as a romulan. I found that after you destroy the sensors on a ship, they can't detect you while cloaked. At least I've never been. Also, the effectiveness of the probe is lowered as well. i.e, in  my non-patched version the probe has a 25% odd chance of finding a cloaked ship. That is added onto your current sensor capability. Destroy their sensors, it's still harder. I've had my say.  

kevlar

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2003, 10:36:48 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

I was detected at ranges between 130 and  150,  with a lvl 5 cloak and legendary crew,  3 times by the same borg,  while at speed 15 .    

Were their sensors green, yellow, red or black at the time, if you recall?  

they were yellow if i recall well.... I really felt stupid when the guy told  me ; 147 range, speed 15......  God..... I was at 147 distance--- no one should be capable of detecting a cloaked ship travelling at that distance.  

just for the record the max speed of the ship was above 40, so 15 is even less than 1/2 impulse
« Last Edit: January 18, 2003, 10:38:55 pm by kevlar »

Aenigma

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2003, 06:30:06 am »
You can be detected on long range in two ways.
a: you are probed (almost always detection)
b: you warp (recent testing shows that using warpdrive greatly increases detection chances, even with a lvl5 cloak)

But if you fight borg, be careful, they sometimes can see you, even at long range.
Aenigma  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Aenigma »