Topic: OP missions  (Read 2432 times)

KHHJakle

OP missions
« on: October 11, 2003, 03:42:42 pm »
Does anyone know of any OP mission scripts that:

A: simply have all players of the same team start in the same location on the map

B: enable ship capture in multiplayer (I know EAW missions done with FMSE enable capture, so I would think that a custom mission script for OP would do the same)?

C: Both of the above?

Thanks  

Strafer

Re: OP missions
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 12:32:07 am »
a) Yes to same team, No to same position. Coop-Ace.

b) I think the reason there isn't a stable one is due to how things would have to be processed by the host or nobody will know it happened.

TarMinyatur

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 10:44:33 am »
Don't multiplayer D2 missions allow capture? Are there a lot of premature mission endings? I imagine that some strange things might happen if Player A captures one of Player B's ships who in turn captures Player A's ship which is captured by Player C, etc. However, a simple 1v1 should be stable. If this script can be done then that's better than nothing.

Jakle's point about unified starting locations is a great time-saver and is logical.

I think we need to send some emails to active OP script writers.  

FireSoul

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2003, 02:03:05 pm »
CTDs were common when switching your control to the captured ship. If it didn't CTD, you still ended up fighting the AI for control of the ship. I trie dmy best to work around it, but merely got frustrated to the point of simply making ships SD on capture in coopace.