Topic: Need Help with OP  (Read 4566 times)

rcoronel81

Need Help with OP
« on: October 20, 2003, 05:45:22 am »
I just re-installed OP in my computer and I can't get my CD-Key in.  I am using Windows XP Home upgrade with SP1.  When I type in the numbers either by using the keypad or the top row the screen flashes and the numbers don't come out in the screen.  Please help.  Thank you in advance.  

Khalee

Re: Need Help with OP
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2003, 05:59:55 am »
I have had to reinstall it a number of times before I got it to work. Just dont upgrade it to the latest version befor you get it to work, seems to cause quite a few problems.

And yes I know about the shortcut trick and sometimes it works and sometimes it dont either.

So all I can say is keep trying, a pain; but thats all you can do if you really want to play it.

rcoronel81

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2003, 06:16:45 am »
I tried changing the path to the exe file and it works now.  Thanks anyway for the quick response.  

SHGChuck

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2003, 12:37:23 pm »
Changing the path to the .exe fila also eliminates the dreaded "Where the heck are my fighter's?" bug      

Toasty0

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 06:28:10 am »
Quote:

And yes I know about the shortcut trick and sometimes it works and sometimes it dont either.

Khalee,

It always works.

If it doesn't it isn't that the fix has failed but rather it indicates that something else is broken unrelated to this fix.

Best,
Jerry  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Toasty0 »

rcoronel81

Need Help with OP
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2003, 05:45:22 am »
I just re-installed OP in my computer and I can't get my CD-Key in.  I am using Windows XP Home upgrade with SP1.  When I type in the numbers either by using the keypad or the top row the screen flashes and the numbers don't come out in the screen.  Please help.  Thank you in advance.  

Khalee

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2003, 05:59:55 am »
I have had to reinstall it a number of times before I got it to work. Just dont upgrade it to the latest version befor you get it to work, seems to cause quite a few problems.

So all I can say is keep trying, a pain; but thats all you can do if you really want to play it.

rcoronel81

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2003, 06:16:45 am »
I tried changing the path to the exe file and it works now.  Thanks anyway for the quick response.  

SHGChuck

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2003, 12:37:23 pm »
Changing the path to the .exe fila also eliminates the dreaded "Where the heck are my fighter's?" bug      

Toasty0

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2003, 06:28:10 am »
Quote:

Khalee,

It always works.

If it doesn't it isn't that the fix has failed but rather it indicates that something else is broken unrelated to this fix.

Best,
Jerry  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Toasty0 »